London based hair salons- help please?

pureebony

Hiya,

I recently had a hair weave done and it was good, but I need to find a new hairdresser I want to wear weaves and need someone who can do them well i.e. closures, cut style etc.

Now I need to be able to see the styles the person or salon has done in the past.

Are there any hair salons you know of that do great hair weaves?

Thanks!

Nonie

I used to go to the same salon that used to do Naomi's hair. Not sure you want to go there though. :look: Don't remember the name. "Mayflower" keeps coming to mind, but I don't think that was the name. I think it was off Oxford Street.... Sorry I can't be of more help; this was in the early 90's so not sure if the salon still exists.

Mimi22

Hiya,

I recently had a hair weave done and it was good, but I need to find a new hairdresser I want to wear weaves and need someone who can do them well i.e. closures, cut style etc.

Now I need to be able to see the styles the person or salon has done in the past.

Are there any hair salons you know of that do great hair weaves?

Thanks!

Hiya! :grin:
Depends on how much you wanna spend and if you want one in close proximity to where you live.

Top Curls in Upton park is good, so is Crown and Glory in Brixton (very affordable). I'm sure there are ladies who have much more info on different salons who'll chime in soon!

pureebony

Thanks ladies! I want someone who is able to do hair weave well, like cut and braid underneath to suite how i would like to style my hair, if I can see what the salon/ person has done before would be great.

Bumping!

LushLox

Try Marcia in Finchley Road. She has won many awards.

Rougz
483 Finchley Road,
Hampstead,
LONDON,
NW3 6HS
T : 020 74314440
M : 07984526708

Award winning Marcia Johnson is a dedicated stylist that enjoys making people look beautiful and believes good customer care is her key to success.

Marcia is the official stylist for the 'Mahogany Bridal Show' currently the biggest African/Caribbean bridal show in the UK.

Rougz Hair and Beauty Salon based in Finchley Road North West London opened in October 2006 and its opening was the beginning of a dream fulfilment for Marcia. She has stamped her personality at Rougz and on arrival customers can expect to greeted and pampered by Marcia and her staff in exquisite, warm surroundings.

An elegant salon, Rougz offers a range of services and is equipped with its own therapy and treatment room.

alizwa

hmm, now it depends on where you are based and how far you are willing to travel.
South London is my area, in regards to getting a weave, on the cheap side, hairmax is great, but you will have to dedicate a full day and they have never heard of client service!!! for an excellent weave which could last you in excess of 2months, if you are willing to push it that far, try hairshack, which is 10 mins walk from Hairmax. This woman is amazing, gentle with the hair, careful with braiding, and if you have good quality bss hair or Indian hair, you should invest in allowing her to do your hair. She is pricey, but you wont regret it. Hairmax is really for a 2 week style, since it wont be long till the braids come loose. Hope this helps.

Amethyst85

You could try Amina Kadia. She is a weave stylist and has won many awards and styled the hair of some famous people e.g. Angie Stone, Shola Ama, Shazney Lewis (Allsaints)
Here is the website:
http://www.aminakadia.com/ (the site hasn't been updated in ages so the prices may be different now)
I go to her to get my natural hair cut and styled (Pics in fotki)

Amina Kadia Hair
9 Frognal Parage
158 Finchley Road
Hampstead
London
NW3 5HH
Tel: 020 7435 9713

sheree

i don't kno where about in London ur located and how much your willing to spend but there is a hair salon in north London that is really good but kinda expensive its called Harriet-kessie....

235 Fore Street
London
N18 2TZ

0208 3455621

www.harrietkessie.com

LushLox

OMG £70 for a retouch!!! When since?? I couldnt even afford to be relaxed right now, seriously. :perplexed

Hmm I know what you mean, but I won't screw face if I know I'm going to get a good quality service. I made an appointment to see Desmond Murray (celeb hairdresser) and a retouch with him is about £130, but I cancelled as I'm trying to get a good relaxer stretch. I'll still be okay in paying that amount because I would have saved this amount in relaxing my hair as I generally do (every 8 weeks).

What I won't be happy about is paying for mediocrity - I'm no longer going to put up with it.

pureebony

well to be honest- Im doing my weave myself now, and if I need assistance I get someone to give me a hand and to be honest- I love it!! Cuz i know how I want it done and how its gonna look like etc.... will post some pics soon when I get a new install.