Ladies where can I purchase liquid keratin from?

adw425

You can buy hydrolyzed keratin and keratin amino acids from: www.gardenofwisdom.com.

me-T

so i can use this to make a homemade protein treatment right?:scratchch i wanna make my own for the pre-neutralize protein step when i get a touch up

HoneyDew

How do you use the liquid keratin?

I add it to my henna mixes and the treatment serves as my dose of protein for the month.

I also put a little bit in my relaxer. Not sure if it helps, but I like the added treatment.

I have been using collagen protein, but wanted to try some keratin for comparison.

Lucky's Mom

I add it to my henna mixes and the treatment serves as my dose of protein for the month.

I also put a little bit in my relaxer. Not sure if it helps, but I like the added treatment.

I have been using collagen protein, but wanted to try some keratin for comparison.

How do you like the difference b/t Collagen and Keratin???

HoneyDew

How do you like the difference b/t Collagen and Keratin???

Honestly, I am not seeing that much of a difference right now. Well I should not say that.

Well, my hair was not as dry after using the keratin.. Well my hair is never really "dry" in the traditional sense.

I am not sure how I can explain. See when I use my henna with the collagen, my hair has a nice noticable firmness to it, but not dry in the traditional sense. It is a good firmness considering my hair is pretty much in need of some protein when I use it (monthly).

When I used the keratin my hair felt softer and less firm than when I used my other mixture.

I think I am going to switch between the two, or maybe use both at the same time (maybe). I like the results of the collagen mixture because my hair tends to get over moisturized. But, I like the idea of the keratin because it is what hair is made of and they say it penetrates the hair.

I am not sure collagen does that. I feel like it coats the hair instead. Not sure.

Last edited:

Lucky's Mom

Honestly, I am not seeing that much of a difference right now. Well I should not say that.

Well, my hair was not as dry after using the keratin.. Well my hair is never really "dry" in the traditional sense.

I am not sure how I can explain. See when I use my henna with the collagen, my hair has a nice noticable firmness to it, but not dry in the traditional sense. It is a good firmness considering my hair is pretty much in need of some protein when I use it (monthly).

When I used the keratin my hair felt softer and less firm than when I used my other mixture.

I think I am going to switch between the two, or maybe use both at the same time (maybe). I like the results of the collagen mixture because my hair tends to get over moisturized. But, I like the idea of the keratin because it is what hair is made of and they say it penetrates the hair.

I am not sure collagen does that. I feel like it coats the hair instead. Not sure.

Sweetie!!!! Thanks :kiss: totally helpful.

Odd One

ohhh ive been lookin for some aphogee green tea and keratine spray everywhere!!... do you guys think i could order some keratin mix it with green tea, distilled water and call it a day?:grin:

morehairplease

ohhh ive been lookin for some aphogee green tea and keratine spray everywhere!!... do you guys think i could order some keratin mix it with green tea, distilled water and call it a day?:grin:

Hi there,

Have you tried Sally's and the beauty supply stores in your area? I have seen the green tea & keratin spray at both here in my area(Memphis, TN).

hths,
tishee

Odd One

Hi there,

Have you tried Sally's and the beauty supply stores in your area? I have seen the green tea & keratin spray at both here in my area(Memphis, TN).

hths,
tishee

Thanks for the help but.. aint no sally's in my area(i live in canada, Montreal) I tried some beauty supply store.. they do have aphogee but the only thing they dont have from the line is this dang spray:wallbash:

BlackPearl1

Hi HoneyDew

I was wondering if you can explain to me the difference between Keratin and SAA. I know are hair is natural made of Keratin. Is one better then the other when it comes Keratin and SAA ? I'm currently using SAA.

Aggie

Hi HoneyDew

I was wondering if you can explain to me the difference between Keratin and SAA. I know are hair is natural made of Keratin. Is one better then the other when it comes Keratin and SAA ? I'm currently using SAA.

Here's a little help for ya:

PROTEINS USED ON HAIR

Here is a handy guide for understanding the different types of protein products.

All proteins are strengthening proteins to some degree but here are the more specific characteristics of these proteins:

Collagen Protein--known for increasing elasticity in the hair

Silk Protein--known for softening the hair

Wheat Protein--a moisturizing and strengthening protein known for increasing the hair's ability to maintain & receive moisture also.

Keratin Protein – this is responsible for keeping the hair strong and pliable. This is the strongest of the (hair product) proteins and is actually the one that hair is made from. This one re-structures hair that has been damaged or broken down by chemicals. It helps to replace the amino acid cysteine which is the main one lost during chemical processing. This is the heavy duty protein. If you see the following as an ingredient

*Vegetable protein -- Vegetable protein absorbs more easily into the hair shaft [than animal protein] and does not create build-up, leaves the hair very shiny, radiant, luxuriant, and healthy.

*Animal protein -- Animal protein breaks down into fatty acids, which coat the hair and create residual build-up.

Silk Amino Acids/Protein--Natural silk is the strongest, natural fiber known to mankind. Discovered in Japan and has been used for centuries in all kinds of products that require durability. Silk has a tiny molecule that can penetrate the entire hair shaft deeper than all other proteins without adding any weight leaving the hair feeling clean and non-greasy
Keratin protein More In depth:

*a) Keratin protein--this will re-structure and strengthen the hair cuticle (the outer layer only & the most important layer)

The keratin in some reconstructors should not leave your hair hard like the Aphogee Treatment for damaged hair (which contains hydrolyzed animal protein). This treatment hardens on your hair for a reason and is used with mild heat. A moisturizing conditioner is a must with this in order to soften like Keracare's humecto.

Reconstructors that contain keratin and other proteins are supposed to have enough moisture to soften the hair therefore leaving your hair with a nice protein/moisture balance."

* Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein or Keratin Amino Acids--this means that the Keratin molecules have been broken down and are small enough to go beyond the cuticle and penetrate the hair shaft. It will strengthen all 3 layers of the hair. That is why the term "deep conditioning" technically only refers to this kind of treatment using penetrating proteins.

*c) Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin--This is an exact match for the keratin your hair has (or has lost due to chemical processing). This is the highest quality and most potent keratin that can be used in hair products.

If you use a lye relaxer you need conditioners that are a balance of moisture and protein. That is where the myth of moisture only came from, the whole box relaxer usage. If you are using no lye, you need more moisture than a lye relaxer user.

Moisture and Protein balance isn't about swinging to each extreme. You shouldn't try to go from super mushy to super hard. It’s too much stress on the hair and that is what causes weak spots, split ends, thinning and breakage. Moisture swells the hair strand. I know everyone is moisture happy but if you are moisturizing daily, deep conditioning with moisture at every wash for an hour, and co-washing with moisture every 2 days, you are doing too much. All you are doing is stretching out your hair and setting yourself up for breakage and thinning. If your hair doesn't have enough protein, it won't hold any moisture. If you keep on having to buy more and more moisture products looking for higher and higher levels of moisture, you need protein.

Also if your hair is stretched beyond repair, protein can only do so much. Staying consistent with reconstructors helps prevent too much natural protein loss over time (weathering of the cuticle). By definition, reconstructors and straight protein treatments fill in the cracks of the hair shaft that occur from protein loss (which then incites moisture loss). So if your hair is stretched 50x its natural threshold, you can try to repair it over time but if it still doesn't resolve all of the issue, don't go back to the excessive moisture treatments. It'll just be time for a trim.

The wheat and silk proteins attract and help retain moisture as well as strengthen and Keratin, reconstructors and the others build.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Thanks for the help but.. aint no sally's in my area(i live in canada, Montreal) I tried some beauty supply store.. they do have aphogee but the only thing they dont have from the line is this dang spray:wallbash:

Call SallyBeauty.com and see if they'll ship it to you in Montreal.

AtlantaJJ

I want to purchases some keratin and make my own protein treatment. I'm not paying for the chemical soup keratin treatments I see on the market these days. It's hard to find a good clean keratin protein. Millcreek's Keratin is not very strong.