THOSE WHO USE POROSITY CONTROL...

mzcris

How often should I use this product? And what are the benefits you have experienced using it?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

lonei

I use it everytime I wash, once every 3 weeks. I add it to my hair after I have steamed it but before I have washed out the previous conditioner. I cover it with a plastic cap for about 5 mins then wash and detangle in the shower. Itmakes my hair super easy to detangle, very soft and shiny and makes it more uniform (the strands). I also use it after I rinse out my relaxer to bring the PH back down as well as allow my colour to take better.

Twisties

I am natural and I use Porosity Control right before I color my hair. It helps the color to "take" better...more evenly I guess and to lessen damage/dryness. I think relaxed ladies use it after a touch-up to bring ph balance back to normal....

ETA, not sure how often it can be used, but I initially thought it was only to be used during different chemcial services (coloring, relaxing). I guess usage will vary across the board for those who use it....

Roux who makes Porosity Control also has a deep moisturizing conditioner called "Moisture Recovery" that I used this weekend (it comes in a little pack and was about $1.29). I had good results with it so I plan to add it to my stash of deep conditioners while I am on the deep conditioning and steaming challenges.

Last edited:

Twisties

BKVincy you can buy it at Sally's or a good beauty supply store like Beauty Max. I have never seen it in regular drugstores like CVS or Walgreens though.

I think any hairtype (natural, relaxed or texlaxed) can use it.

BKVincy

BKVincy you can buy it at Sally's or a good beauty supply store like Beauty Max. I have never seen it in regular drugstores like CVS or Walgreens though.

I think any hairtype (natural, relaxed or texlaxed) can use it.

thanks Twisties:grin:
I would look in my area, Theres more beauty supply stores than I can count I should be able to find it.

MonPetite

I use it everytime I wash, once every 3 weeks. I add it to my hair after I have steamed it but before I have washed out the previous conditioner. I cover it with a plastic cap for about 5 mins then wash and detangle in the shower. Itmakes my hair super easy to detangle, very soft and shiny and makes it more uniform (the strands). I also use it after I rinse out my relaxer to bring the PH back down as well as allow my colour to take better.

Co-sign. I also add it to DCs!

Qualitee

Sometimes I mix it with my conditioners:rolleyes: I helps from hair from feeling really dry. And the conditioner can take better!!

Dposh167

well i used the porosity control shampoo for the first time ever 2nite. I usually just use the moisture recovery pak, but my hair's porosity right now is F'ed up!!!...after i got done rollersetting 5 sections, the rest of my hair was practically dry. that's a bad sign

so i used the poo in conjunction with the moisture recovery pak, and my hair is soooo much better right now! my hair didn't dry as fast as it was while rollersetting, and its holding in moisture better!:yep:

so that's my 2 cents to this thread!:grin: