NON-Growth Eqyss Product support thread

Which NON-GROWTH products are you using or wanting to try from Eqyss?

• Micro-Tek Shampoo

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Premier Shampoo

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • Survivor Detanger

Votes: 36 37.9%
  • Micro-Tek Spray

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Premier Cream Rinse Conditioner

Votes: 42 44.2%
  • Avocado Mist Spray

Votes: 61 64.2%
  • Micro-Tek Gel

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Premier Rehydrant Spray

Votes: 36 37.9%
  • Marigold Spray

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters

LondonDiva

I thought it would be an idea to create a seperate thread for the NON-growth related Eqyss products a lot of us have their eye on or are currently using from the Eqyss range like rinses, mists or shampoos.

I ordered samples a few years ago but cannot remember for the life of me how they worked. The shampoos contain SLS and really don't want to be back on those again so I'll stick with my SoftSheen Breakthru and Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoos.

But the rinse (I'm wondering if this is comparable to OCR (Ovation Creme Rinse) and the rehydrant and avacado mist.

JustKiya

I actually ordered the Avocado and Rehydrant Mist, along with the Creme Rinse.... :lachen: Somebody help me!

Annnnyyyhhhoooow.

They shipped them out yesterday, but I doubt I'll get them in time to try out during this weekend's hairisode.....

And I was for real checking out the Marigold Spray too - I HATE wearing Off!

MissLawyerLady

LondonDiva,
I use Micro-Tek Gel and Micro-Tek Shampoo on my dog and they are not for human use- at least that's what the bottle says.

Have you heard differently?

LondonDiva

There are 4 I want to try

Survivor Detangler
EQyss conditioners and detanglers are among the most sought-after pet grooming products in the industry. Their special, non-toxic formulas are designed not to damage or coat hair and they contain special ingredients to pull moisture from the air to hydrate and replenish hair. Survivor Detangler and Shine uses an alcohol-free blend of special ingredients to create a superior, leave-in detangler that can be used on wet or dry hair.

Ingredients: EQyss® proprietary emollients, vitamin E acetate, keratin protein, panthenol, sweet clover, white willow, nasturtium, wild rose-berry, sage, walnut tree, red poppy, colour.

Premier Cream Rinse Conditioner
This unique product was developed specifically to condition rough, dry, brittle hair and make tangles disappear. Brushing will be tangle free. A rich combination of natural emollients minimizes flyaway's and smoothes hair cuticles to replenish each strand, leaving hair soft and tangle-free. Can be used RIGHT OVER SHAMPOO... NO WAITING TIME! Instant shine & softness.

Ingredients:
Deionized Water, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dimethylamino Propylamido PCA, Hydroxyethylcellose Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Aloe Barbadensis, Vanilla Planifolia Extract, Sweet Almond Extract, Fragrance

Avocado Mist Spray
An oil-free, silicone-free leave on conditioning spray that maintains the moisture balance within the hair shaft. Avocado Mist prevents the hair from becoming dry, brittle, and breaking off. Avocado Mist is the ONLY detangler that does not contain oil, silicone, wax, or synthetic polymers. Shines and conditions the coat with a unique formula that combines the extracts of avocado and aloe vera. Detangles without the heaviness common in most conditioners. Promotes shine and eases grooming. Wet or dry leave on spray. Excellent for long hair breeds, when you do not want to add any weight to the coat. Anti-static, alcohol-free & smells devine.

Ingredients: Deionized water, DL panthenol hydrolyzed Mucopolysaccharides, tetrasodium EDTA, cetrimonium bromide, hydrolyzed wheat protein, Allantoin, sodium PCA. Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Methylparaben, DMDM hydantoin, extracts of avocado and aloe vera, fragrance.

Premier Rehydrant Spray
Premier Natural Botanical Spray is used whenever you bathe or brush your horse. Premier Spray was developed specifically to bring moisture captured from the air to the coat at an accelerated rate over a long period of time (24 HOURS). If the hair is not coated with oil or silicone, moisture goes through the hair to the skin, and the skin respirates better. It is not slippery and does not attract dirt and dust.

It is NON-TOXIC, it won't burn the eyes, and is hypoallergenic. Conditions and moisturises coat. Prevents dry skin conditions. Promotes healthy skin and coat. Can be used on saddle area. Tearless formula will not hurt eyes. Enhances colour. Detangles mane and tail. Repels dust and dirt. NON-TOXIC, ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY. For best results, use with Premier Colour Intensifying Shampoo. This is an ideal product for M&M's and long haired breeds that suffer with dry brittle manes.

Ingredients: Deionized water, hydrolyzed Mucopolysaccharides, citric acid, Allantoin, cetrimonium chloride, hydrolyzed wheat protein, socium pca, propylene glycol Methylparaben, tetrasoidum EDTA, DMDM hydantoin, Polysorbate,20, Polysorbate 80, extracts of aloe vera and lavender, fragrance.

AtlantaJJ

I actually ordered the Avocado and Rehydrant Mist, along with the Creme Rinse.... :lachen: Somebody help me!

Annnnyyyhhhoooow.

They shipped them out yesterday, but I doubt I'll get them in time to try out during this weekend's hairisode.....

And I was for real checking out the Marigold Spray too - I HATE wearing Off!
Please o Please post your review here when you receive your order.....and for-real I hate off too, and I work in the yard a lot so...let me go back and peep the Marigold Spray!! LOL

Thanks LondonDiva for setting up this thread!!!! :thankyou:

AtlantaJJ

Survivor Detangler
EQyss conditioners and detanglers are among the most sought-after pet grooming products in the industry. Their special, non-toxic formulas are designed not to damage or coat hair and they contain special ingredients to pull moisture from the air to hydrate and replenish hair. Survivor Detangler and Shine uses an alcohol-free blend of special ingredients to create a superior, leave-in detangler that can be used on wet or dry hair.

Ingredients: EQyss® proprietary emollients, vitamin E acetate, keratin protein, panthenol, sweet clover, white willow, nasturtium, wild rose-berry, sage, walnut tree, red poppy, colour.

This unique product was developed specifically to condition rough, dry, brittle hair and make tangles disappear. Brushing will be tangle free. A rich combination of natural emollients minimizes flyaway's and smoothes hair cuticles to replenish each strand, leaving hair soft and tangle-free. Can be used RIGHT OVER SHAMPOO... NO WAITING TIME! Instant shine & softness.

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dimethylamino Propylamido PCA, Hydroxyethylcellose Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Aloe Barbadensis, Vanilla Planifolia Extract, Sweet Almond Extract, Fragrance

Avocado Mist Spray
An oil-free, silicone-free leave on conditioning spray that maintains the moisture balance within the hair shaft. Avocado Mist prevents the hair from becoming dry, brittle, and breaking off. Avocado Mist is the ONLY detangler that does not contain oil, silicone, wax, or synthetic polymers. Shines and conditions the coat with a unique formula that combines the extracts of avocado and aloe vera. Detangles without the heaviness common in most conditioners. Promotes shine and eases grooming. Wet or dry leave on spray. Excellent for long hair breeds, when you do not want to add any weight to the coat. Anti-static, alcohol-free & smells devine.

Ingredients: Deionized water, DL panthenol hydrolyzed Mucopolysaccharides, tetrasodium EDTA, cetrimonium bromide, hydrolyzed wheat protein, Allantoin, sodium PCA. Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Methylparaben, DMDM hydantoin, extracts of avocado and aloe vera, fragrance.

Premier Rehydrant Spray
Premier Natural Botanical Spray is used whenever you bathe or brush your horse. Premier Spray was developed specifically to bring moisture captured from the air to the coat at an accelerated rate over a long period of time (24 HOURS). If the hair is not coated with oil or silicone, moisture goes through the hair to the skin, and the skin respirates better. It is not slippery and does not attract dirt and dust.

It is NON-TOXIC, it won't burn the eyes, and is hypoallergenic. Conditions and moisturises coat. Prevents dry skin conditions. Promotes healthy skin and coat. Can be used on saddle area. Tearless formula will not hurt eyes. Enhances colour. Detangles mane and tail. Repels dust and dirt. NON-TOXIC, ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY. For best results, use with Premier Colour Intensifying Shampoo. This is an ideal product for M&M's and long haired breeds that suffer with dry brittle manes.

Ingredients: Deionized water, hydrolyzed Mucopolysaccharides, citric acid, Allantoin, cetrimonium chloride, hydrolyzed wheat protein, socium pca, propylene glycol Methylparaben, tetrasoidum EDTA, DMDM hydantoin, Polysorbate,20, Polysorbate 80, extracts of aloe vera and lavender, fragrance.

This sounds like dry natural hair's dream product :blush: Esp in the humid summer!! WOW :love:

ETA: It really seems that any dryness problems caused by the extra protein in the growth products would be off-set by a product such as this!! Protein / Moisture is always a winning formula!!

Last edited:

LondonDiva

Please o Please post your review here when you receive your order.....and for-real I hate off too, and I work in the yard a lot so...let me go back and peep the Marigold Spray!! LOL

Thanks LondonDiva for setting up this thread!!!! :thankyou:

You're welcome.

JustKiya

This sounds like dry natural hair's dream product :blush: Esp in the humid summer!! WOW :love:

ETA: It really seems that any dryness problems caused by the extra protein in the growth products would be off-set by a product such as this!! Protein / Moisture is always a winning formula!!

:yep: You are SO right - that's exactly why I got the Rehydrant Spray!!! I was eying the Detangler, but I really think I've got my detangling issues under control, at least right now.

tnorenberg

Ya'll need to shout out to Sareca on these. She can give you the low down cuz she is the original LHCF Eqyss "Queen". And I think the Premier shampoo for Color Treated Hair is the Ovation shampoo.

Hey Sareca where are you girl !!!!!!

LaNecia

Ya'll need to shout out to Sareca on these. She can give you the low down cuz she is the original LHCF Eqyss "Queen".

:lachen: She might beg to differ with you there!

I'm still singing the praises of the Survivor Detangerl, Mega-Tek, Avocado Mist...no need to look for anything else. :nono:

Vixx

JustKiya

:lachen: She might beg to differ with you there!

I'm still singing the praises of the Survivor Detangerl, Mega-Tek, Avocado Mist...no need to look for anything else. :nono:

Vixx

Speak Vixxen, Speak!!! Messing with you & her is what finally got me head over heels with henna - what's up with the Avocado Mist? How do you use it? What's the biggest benefit you've seen??? :lol: I know I'mma have my hands on some of my own in a lil bit, but - a sista needs to know what she's looking forward to!

adw425

I've used the avocado mist and the rehydrant spray. THey are almost exactly the same except for one ingredient. The avocado mist did not work well for me and about a year later I tried the rehydrant, which was only slightly better UNTIL I diluted it with filtered water. After that, it was just wonderful -- soft, moisturized, detangled hair. I do use it as a leave-in. I extrapolated that experience to conclude that if I had also diluted the avocado mist, it would have worked wonderfully for me as well. I did try the Mega-tek a couple years back, but it worked almost exactly the same as the Cabellina Del Caballos mane and tail conditioner (from Wal-mart), which is one of my staples, so I never spent the $18.00 for a 16 ounce bottle again when the Cabellina is $8.00 for 32 ounces.

AtlantaJJ

I've used the avocado mist and the rehydrant spray. THey are almost exactly the same except for one ingredient. The avocado mist did not work well for me and about a year later I tried the rehydrant, which was only slightly better UNTIL I diluted it with filtered water. After that, it was just wonderful -- soft, moisturized, detangled hair. I do use it as a leave-in. I extrapolated that experience to conclude that if I had also diluted the avocado mist, it would have worked wonderfully for me as well. I did try the Mega-tek a couple years back, but it worked almost exactly the same as the Cabellina Del Caballos mane and tail conditioner (from Wal-mart), which is one of my staples, so I never spent the $18.00 for a 16 ounce bottle again when the Cabellina is $8.00 for 32 ounces.
This is scarey, I swear at lunch time, I thought to myself the Rehydrant needs to be dilluted with distilled water to be just perfect... The thought just popped into my head out of no where....wow! I was going to post that thought but I went to a meeting this afternoon.... Wow, I'm ordering now....thank you :grin:

AtlantaJJ

Did this help speed your growth?? Or did you just use it as a conditioner?

kellylinn77

I voted for the survivor detangler. I ordered it a while back in lurk mode when VWVixxen was singing it's praise (along with the mega-tek, avocado mist, and rehydrant). I love the survivor detangler, it's all I use to seal my hair and the ingredients are FAB. My fine stands hate oil, grease, and pomade etc......As far as the avocado mist and rehydrant It didn't really do anything special for me. I was to watery. Just broke my mega-tek back out until my OCT arrives.

AtlantaJJ

I voted for the survivor detangler. I ordered it a while back in lurk mode when VWVixxen was singing it's praise (along with the mega-tek, avocado mist, and rehydrant). I love the survivor detangler, it's all I use to seal my hair and the ingredients are FAB. My fine stands hate oil, grease, and pomade etc......As far as the avocado mist and rehydrant It didn't really do anything special for me. I was to watery. Just broke my mega-tek back out until my OCT arrives.

I'm thinking out loud again... :scratchch Please anyone correct me if I'm thinking wrong.

Kelly your hair looks relaxed, so are you able to use the Survivor when you are doing a roller set or a blowdry / flat iron style, etc.

Therefore, a natural who wears their hair straightened the Survivor may be the best leave in choice. For a natural wearing a wash and go, the Re-hydrant or the Avocado Mist would work better due to the moisture properties... I'm thinking this would make a straightened style revert....Let me know if I'm off base on base with my assumptions.

TIA

Blaque*Angel

Ya'll need to shout out to Sareca on these. She can give you the low down cuz she is the original LHCF Eqyss "Queen". And I think the Premier shampoo for Color Treated Hair is the Ovation shampoo.

Hey Sareca where are you girl !!!!!!

I thought VWVixxen introduced LHCF to this years ago??????:perplexed

adw425

Did this help speed your growth?? Or did you just use it as a conditioner?

I just use it as a protein conditioner. It has keratin protein, but also olive oil and coconut oils, so it never made my hair hard. It also has horsetail and panthenol, which are two of my favorite hair friendly ingredients. It would be the perfect product if it also contained aloe vera, but I just add AV to it. (I am PMing you the rest of my post as it got rather long -- so I just cut it and will paste it into a PM -- and was a bit off topic since I went into detail about my homemade aloe vera scalp concoction that I use to speed growth.)

Last edited:

MissLawyerLady

I may have to try my dog's Micro-tek gel the next time I get itchy skin....just to see...

Anyway, I have the Avocodo Mist- it was okay- and the Rehydrant- it worked well. I just don't like having damp hair in the winter so I plan to really try them out this summer.

michaela

Natural 4b

Survivor Detangler

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dimethylamino Propylamido PCA, Hydroxyethylcellose Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Aloe Barbadensis, Vanilla Planifolia Extract, Sweet Almond Extract, Fragrance

Avocado Mist Spray

Premier Rehydrant Spray

Are these iingredients Okay?
or are they better than the stuff they have in the stores?
Honestly i think they are better?
Any thoughts?

kellylinn77

I'm thinking out loud again... :scratchch Please anyone correct me if I'm thinking wrong.

Kelly your hair looks relaxed, so are you able to use the Survivor when you are doing a roller set or a blowdry / flat iron style, etc.

Therefore, a natural who wears their hair straightened the Survivor may be the best leave in choice. For a natural wearing a wash and go, the Re-hydrant or the Avocado Mist would work better due to the moisture properties... I'm thinking this would make a straightened style revert....Let me know if I'm off base on base with my assumptions.

TIA
Hi AtlantaJJ,
Sorry for not being clear in my post. But the Survivor Detangler is and is used like a serum (Chi, Paul Mitchell Super Skinny, etc) without the cones. Amazing slip.... I think it would be great for naturals and relaxed.

gymfreak336

Premier Rehydrant Spray

This sounds like better Surge

michaela

Natural 4b
Okay i email Eqyss about the Sls in the shampoo and this is what they said

No, our products contain Sodium Laureth Sulfate.

Regards,

Marvin Ledford

National Sales Manager

800-526-7469 ext. 108

www.eqyss.com

Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 8:27 PM
To: Dallas
Subject: Sodium Laryl Sulfate?

Hello

I was Looking through Your line of Eqyss Products and i was wondering about the shampoo? I know it says it doesnt Contain Any alcohol but does it contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate?

LondonDiva

This sounds like better Surge

Don't even get me thinking....Damn! I gave my last 2 bottles to my friend and have no bottle to do an ingredients comparison. I good results from surge. BUT if I can use this safely on my hair and scalp then I can use it to tame thr growth from the Mega-Tek and hopefully adding a tiny growth boost to it also.

LondonDiva

SURGE AND AVOCADO MIST INGREDIENT COMPARISONS (ingredients or similar ingredients in both products highlighted in bold)

SURGE
Water, Cetrimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Muccopolysaccharides, Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Polyquantemium-7, Biotin, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Aloe Barbadnesis Gel, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Sodium PCA.

Avocado Mist
Deionized water, DL panthenol hydrolyzed Mucopolysaccharides, tetrasodium EDTA, cetrimonium bromide, Allantoin, hydrolyzed wheat protein,sodium PCA. Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Methylparaben, DMDM hydantoin, extracts of avocado and aloe vera, fragrance.

Looks like a good Surge comparison to me.