Deep Conditioner + Clear Rinse= Silky Sexy Hair

ElegantExotic

Has anyone ever added clear rinse / cellophane to their deep conditioner?

My cousin said that her hair stylist does this for treatments (which I assume is followed with time spent under the dryer / steamer), and her hair always looks so silky, smooth, shiny & healthy.

I will definitely be trying this next weekend!

Kimberly

How often does she get this treatment? dd uses clear rinses every few months to give her natural hair some shine but I can see about having her combine it with her dc's and doing it more often.

Has anyone ever added clear rinse / cellophane to their deep conditioner?

My cousin said that her hair stylist does this for treatments (which I assume is followed with time spent under the dryer / steamer), and her hair always looks so silky, smooth, shiny & healthy.

I will definitely be trying this next weekend!

ravenmerlita

I have a clear rinse at home and will definitely try this. I haven't been using the rinse because it's just too much trouble for me to jump in and out of the shower, once to rinse the deep conditioner, then back again to rinse out the rinse. Mixing them would save the extra step shower hop and some time. Thanks for posting.

ElegantExotic

How often does she get this treatment? dd uses clear rinses every few months to give her natural hair some shine but I can see about having her combine it with her dc's and doing it more often.

I'm not too sure. She takes really good care of her hair, so I wouldn't be surprised if she does it 1-2 times per month.

I asked her how much does the stylist use, and she said she is not sure. But when she sporadically does her hair at home, she said she mixes in a couple of spoonfuls. I know she uses avlon/keracare products, so she's mixing with humecto, sustenance, essential oil, etc.

I'm sure to find out a good ratio for each individuals hair would be trial and error (in addition to which conditioner one uses), but I don't think this would adversely affect the hair so I will definitely be giving it a go.

Cleve_gryl

I wanted to try mixing my color rinses with conditoner but didn't know if it would work. I'm going to try this weekend to freshen up my roots! Nice tip.

C

cieramichele

I want to deep condition with this

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I have the Frederick Fekkai salon glaze, but haven't used it yet. It is supposed to work like a clear rinse, but it is creamy in consistency. I'd love to try mixing it with a favorite conditioner and seeing how it works out.

Anyone who tries this, please update us. :)

ElegantExotic

I have the Frederick Fekkai salon glaze, but haven't used it yet. It is supposed to work like a clear rinse, but it is creamy in consistency. I'd love to try mixing it with a favorite conditioner and seeing how it works out.

Anyone who tries this, please update us. :)

This sounds interesting! Where did you purchase from?

ETA: I see you can get it from Sephora. Please update once you use it!

queen_t

Ooooh, thanks for the idea. I'll try next wash day! I have some Clear Sebastian's Colorshines that I need to use up :).

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Heatseeker, I was going to say the same thing. What kind does she use? I heard Sebastion makes a really good one.

I like this idea and will try this very soon. :yep:

AwesomelyNappy

I've never added them together, but i do love Clear rinses!!!

I try to do one once a month, or whenever I do something drastic to my hair (like henna it for instance). I love the shine, thickness, and texture clear rinses give.

ElegantExotic

I'm not exactly sure which one she uses, but I know these brands make clear rinse (there may be more):

Jazzing
Adore
Kiss
Elasta QP
Via
Matrix Prizm
Paul Mitchell Ink Works
Michael diCesare Color Active High Gloss Color Hair Glaze.

She also adds a few drops of KeraCare Essential Oils (not sure if it's what her hair stylist does, or if I would, but it's what she says she does when she does her hair at home).

Last edited:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
What is a clear rinse?

Sorry - I have no clue.
:look:
It's like a semi-permanent hair color only it's clear. It's used to make the hair glossy and shiny and it rinses out after a few weeks. Some stylists apply clear rinses over permanent hair color to give them shine.

Cinda2503

I recently purchased John Frieda Color Glaze for Brunettes. I have used it twice so far and my hair definitely has a shine to it. I was debating on if I should get the clear or the brown. I decided on the brown to give my hair an extra oomph of color and shine. I can't see the brown color as of yet but a slight shine is there. I bought mine at walgreens for $10 and there was a $10 mail-in-rebate. I will continue to use.

Last edited:

Dee-Licious

I often mix my rinses with my DC. I most recently did this Thursday. It works just fine for me. I started doin it being lazy and have just continued to do so.