coconut & Lime - Plus Steam - Relaxer Results- PICS

Lucky's Mom

Hey folks!
I just wanted to thank everyone who helped me the last couple of days. Since I had some photos to take – I wanted to be sure of a good out come – here are the results…..

Lucky's Mom

Now didn't I tell you we'd figure something out:yep:. Step by step details please:spinning:

All of you are sweet - ok - here are the details:

1. Thursday morning - Bought a lime & 1 can of Coconut milk ( Got it from Walmart, Not Goya)- Juiced the lime & put it in a shallow dish. Added the coconut milk & 1 tbls of EVOO...Put it in the fridge.:fridge:For next time - I will be using 2 limes

2. Thursday Night - came home from class - :hair: and slapped on the mix with a relaxer brush ( that is how i put most of my food for hair on...) Wrapped it up in plastic and went to bed:sleep2:Chuck kept smelling Coconut:sleeptogether:.........

3. I could not sleep witht this stuff!!! It felt itchy!! I dont feel that with my Caramel or other treatments..... Anyway - headed for the shower in the am ( I went to bed about midnight - woke up at 5 am ) :bath2:
Shampooed, and my hair felt elongated and frankly weird..... Anyhoo - shampooed 2x.... oil rinsed and rinsed my scalp......and it felt much better..
Slapped on my DC... Took chuck to work and heade for LA Fitness.....Straight for the Sauna..( no workout ):meditate:
I thought that would be GREAT - UM NO! I was so wobbly :ohsnap: That I had to leave after 10 minutes - so I had to find another steamy way......

So I did the following:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=215663&highlight=steam

For at least an hour: no Wobble!

4. final rinse in the shower .... I had LUSHIOUS HAIR OMG.......- added leave in - beyond straight and heat protectant....

4. Rollerset - Sat under the pibbs for 1 hour. OH my hair needs MORE THAN that - at least 90 mins....:afropick: So - I had to go to the Flat iron for roots...( I am a rollerset Virgin) :peek:

5. Ran over with maxiglide....:afro::smooches:Kissable hair !!!

:thatsall:

- :theteam:Lots of love!!! I will have more pics in my fotki....

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

All of you are sweet - ok - here are the details:

1. Thursday morning - Bought a lime & 1 can of Coconut milk ( Got it from Walmart, Not Goya)- Juiced the lime & put it in a shallow dish. Added the coconut milk & 1 tbls of EVOO...Put it in the fridge.:fridge:For next time - I will be using 2 limes

2. Thursday Night - came home from class - :hair: and slapped on the mix with a relaxer brush ( that is how i put most of my food for hair on...) Wrapped it up in plastic and went to bed:sleep2:Chuck kept smelling Coconut:sleeptogether:.........

3. I could not sleep witht this stuff!!! It felt itchy!! I dont feel that with my Caramel or other treatments..... Anyway - headed for the shower in the am ( I went to bed about midnight - woke up at 5 am ) :bath2:
Shampooed, and my hair felt elongated and frankly weird..... Anyhoo - shampooed 2x.... oil rinsed and rinsed my scalp......
Slapped on my DC... Took chuck to work and heade for LA Fitness.....Straight for the Sauna..( no workout )
I thought that would be GREAT - UM NO! I was so wobbly :ohsnap: That I had to leave after 10 minutes - so I had to find another steamy way......

So I did the following:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=215663&highlight=steam

For at least an hour: no Wobble!

4. final rinse in the shower - added leaving - beyond straight and heat protectant....

4. Rollerset - Sat under the pibbs for 1 hour. OH my hair needs MORE THAN that - at least 90 mins....:afropick: So - I had to go to the Flat iron for roots...( I am a rollerset Virgin) :peek:

5. Ran over with maxiglide....:afro::smooches:Kissable hair !!!

:thatsall:

- :theteam:Lots of love!!!

Girl you know how to tell a LHCF story, complete with illustrations!! Love it!:meditate:

You are giving me an excuse to get back into the gym:strong: too with the steam thing:peek:...I'm just concerned about the legs:wiggle: girl. :lol:

PeggyFair

So are you saying that the Coconut and Lime is responsible for the straightness that we see? Or did the maxiglide straighten your hair? I'm kind a confused?

sharentu

your hair turned out lovely. just confirmation that the coconut and lime mixture works very well. :blush: its amazing that you are 9.5 years without having a relaxer. thanks for updating us.

Lucky's Mom

So are you saying that the Coconut and Lime is responsible for the straightness that we see? Or did the maxiglide straighten your hair? I'm kind a confused?

The coconut just elongated the curl pattern, and it was much easire to rollerset and flat iron.

You're hair looks amazing! Like one of the previous posters, I thought your hair was relaxed and I thought you were trying to stretch your new growth. Wow!

Do you have pictures of your curl pattern? What hair type are you?

Lucky's Mom

You're hair looks amazing! Like one of the previous posters, I thought your hair was relaxed and I thought you were trying to stretch your new growth. Wow!

Do you have pictures of your curl pattern? What hair type are you?

tons of pics in my fotki....
I got napps girl:drunk:

newflowers

Tomorrow is my me day - I already have two turbie twist towels - I'm going to try this and see how it goes. I'm looking forward to wonderful results. Thanks bunches for the heads up - a way to make a deep conditioner work even better is priceless - especially since I won't have to explain to Dh that I had to spend more money. :drunk:

Jetblackhair

Wow, your hair looks gorgeous! My dh always uses the steam room and it's literally 20 steps from my front door...I guess I will be joining him now :yep: (but he doesn't think I can hang :ohwell:).

Lucky's Mom

Your hair looks amazing! I also love that lip color- what color & brand is it?

Thanks - Lip pencil - Mac - nightmoth - Lipstick - Mac - Media

Funny - I never wear lipstick - I love MAC's Lipglass... so I usually wear lip pencils and various lip glasses :lachen:

Sugarhoney

Beautiful results! It even makes your hair color look richer. Did you add and styling product to your hair as well?