Kiyoseki flat iron

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I'm usually up pretty late, cause this baby will NOT let me sleep! For two days now, I've seen an infomercial for a Kiyoseki (kee-yo-seh-kee) flat iron. It has ceramic plates topped with some keyoseki mineral/crystal from Japan.

They made a lot of claims, but the ones that I remember were:
-Keyoseki seals the moisture in your hair while closing the cuticles for shiny hair
-Keyoseki deep conditions your hair with its own natural moisture
-Keyoseki will make your hair look shinier and healthier than ever before

They had all types of women with all types of hair. A black woman with huge frizzy hair who said even relaxers don't straighten her hair, a white woman whose hair was overprocessed from too much coloring, a white woman who had dry and frizzy, heat damaged hair and an Asian woman who's hair was very wiry and couldn't hold a curl (to name a few) After using the Keyoseki, they all had straight, shiny, flowing hair. And they kept gushing over how wonderfully soft their hair felt. (the Asian woman's hair was really bouncy and curly)

They also did a demonstration where a woman with frizzy hair flat ironed one side of her head with a ''very popular ceramic flatiron'' and the other side with the Keyoseki. She said the side she used the ''other'' flat iron on felt really dry and kinda stiff while the Keyoseki side was very soft. Then they put her in this teeny room and blasted steam at her head. When she came out, the ''other'' side was back frizzy, but the Keyoseki side was still super straight

Watching the infomercial, I was like :eek2: :drool:..... I want this flatiron!!! Has anyone else heard of the Keyoseki?

BTW, their website is www.kstyler.com

2grlsandme

No I haven't seen the infomercial yet but I am in the market for a flat iron the one I have SUCKS:nono: Conair or something. Could this be the new CHI or maxiglide??? :blush:How much is it?

tiffers

No I haven't seen the infomercial yet but I am in the market for a flat iron the one I have SUCKS:nono: Conair or something. Could this be the new CHI or maxiglide??? :blush:How much is it?

It's $120 :blush: But it comes with a carrying case, sample products, a styling DVD and the shipping is free

tiffers

:detective: *need more proof*

It looks very nice but I want to see the informercial! I plan on getting a flat iron soon!

I want some proof too, but I think it's kinda new so I can't find any dang reiews on it. I guess I'm gonna be the board guinea pig! I've convinced dh to let me get one when we get our income tax :grin: I'm so freakin excited! I just hope that it's as good as they say

ctcks

I saw Ulta is now carrying it for $99 and I ran to get it. I LOVE IT! I'm a natural 4b and I do blowdry but it's not necessary. The thing that separates this flat iron from all others is that for some reason, my hair does not have that burnt smell after using it. My hair actually smells freshly washed and I can still smell my leave ins in my hair. No other flat iron has accomplished that for me.

The only issue I have is that the material around the sides of the iron are smearing/wearing off due to the high heat. And yeah I go all the way to 410! I don't understand when some of you complain about it not straightening well, and yet you are only using medium to medium-high heat. Hope this helps. PS: I have Maxiglide, Conair Infinity, Sedu (for sale by the way $65), & HAI, so I do have something to compare the Kiyoseki with.

myxdchiick

yes! I've seen that commercial! IT looks great!:drunk: but now i dont know if i should get a solia, sedu, fhi , or the kiyoseki.:perplexed I've HAD the maxiglide don't want to go back to that.....:nono:

*closer*2*my*dreams*

I saw Ulta is now carrying it for $99 and I ran to get it. I LOVE IT! I'm a natural 4b and I do blowdry but it's not necessary. The thing that separates this flat iron from all others is that for some reason, my hair does not have that burnt smell after using it. My hair actually smells freshly washed and I can still smell my leave ins in my hair. No other flat iron has accomplished that for me.

The only issue I have is that the material around the sides of the iron are smearing/wearing off due to the high heat. And yeah I go all the way to 410! I don't understand when some of you complain about it not straightening well, and yet you are only using medium to medium-high heat. Hope this helps. PS: I have Maxiglide, Conair Infinity, Sedu (for sale by the way $65), & HAI, so I do have something to compare the Kiyoseki with.

Did you use the conditioning mist and the finishing mist with it or did you use something else?

moonglowdiva

I've seen this infomercial every day for the last 2 weeks and I'm not convinced it is any better than the Maxiglide that also comes on. It is pretty though. I don't think they are doing a fair comparison. Just my opinion.

AKA-Tude

Which Infiniti do you have-

the regular one (like from Walmart)

the white one (Nano silver)

the red one ($100)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

ctcks

Did you use the conditioning mist and the finishing mist with it or did you use something else?

I just used my own leave in conditioners: Mizani Moisturizing Silkening Liquid-Gel & Tresemme Conditioning Leave-In Creme not the stuff that comes with the Kiyoseki. I've since used the Kiyoseki with other naturals of various hair textures and it really performs. It gave great curls on a style I did today for someone coming fresh out of braids!

ctcks