Flat Iron Tips

ceebee3

Hi All,

The flatiron threads have got me excited. I just need some flat iron tips. I flat ironed my hair for the first time last week and it was ok, but the ends were frizzy. How do you all keep the ends nice and neat. The only time mine look good is if I rollerset.

Thanks,

Cher

Provided that your ends are in decent shape to begin with, the key in my opinion is proper sectioning. I section my hair into 3 sections: left, right, and back. I secure the top 2 with a ponytail holder, and lightly detangle the back with a wide tooth comb. then i take thin sections, meaning not more than 1 - 1.5 inches wide, and no more than a quarter inch thick and pass over it with the iron only once. If you take sections that are too thick, your hair wont come out the way you want, think about it like this: only the hair that's actually touching the iron is going to be smoothed.

Also be sure to DC beforehand, over time your ends will improve. Small sections are KEY in getting a smooth result without too much heat. Also I find that using as little product as possible produces the best swing. After towel drying my hair, I apply a dime sized amount of leave in (for me that's simply whatever v05 cheapy conditioner I'm using to cowash, it's super light and doesn't have a lot of crap ingredients in it), then I use a liquid spray heat protectant (tresemme heat tamer spray), and care free curl liquid moisturizer spray. I then dry and flat iron. The products provide moisture and protection without that weighed down feeling.

Bumping for more responses. I am planning on wearing my hair out for a while after hiding it for a couple of months. I also want to get the baby bliss flat iron.

Back