Post Your Positive Experience Using the Essential Oil Blend for Growth

dlove

I have been using the Essential Oil Blend (EOB) for Growth since December 26, 2007. I think I have some growth. With the many threads of people reporting of growth using MN and MN mixtures, I thought it be interesting to hear from those that have good reports from using EOB.
This oil blend has been researched and has significant findings. Search google for more info.
The indredients to the essential oil blend is:
Thyme essential oil---2 drops
Atlas cedarwood essential oil---2 drops
Lavender essential oil---3 drops
Rosemary essential oil---3 drops
Jojoba oil---1/2 teaspoon
Grapeseed oil---4 teaspoons

Add the first four ingredients into a small glass jar. Mix well. Now add the remaining 2 ingredients. Mix thoroughly.

Massage this mixture into your scalp for at least 2 minutes every night. Wrap your head in a warm towel after treatment.

You may have heard Nonie's good report with pictures (click link):
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=973&page=2
as well as others.

I would like to dedicate this thread for all achievers and over achievers.
So Nonie, at the risk of sounding like a broken record...:lachen:I encourage you chime in as well. Thanks ladies!

bravenewgirl87

I use EOB in my products and I've gotten great growth. I don't use MN, either.
Here are the more recent photos. I know that I sometimes blend my EO with KomazaCare's oil blend, and that has sulfur in it. But, sulfur has never really grown my hair as much as EOs. KomazaCare's oil has plenty of EO in, which I think is making my hair grow.

I blend rosemary, peppermint and ylang ylang oil together, with either coconut oil, castor oil or the Komaza blend. Here are my most recent photos of a little NG. Its been about 2-3 weeks since my last relaxer. I've been a bit sporadic with my rubbing EOB on my hair.

RZILYNT

I plan on using this blend of EO's soon. I have ordered them all last week. I will report back my experience after 8 weeks of use.

HHG's

RZ~

discodumpling

Here is my contribution:

Left side = April 07 Right side= January 08

I don't do the towel thing often, but it's a nice treat.

phyl73

I do use MN, but since I started the oils, I've noticed more growth. Too afraid to stop the MN to find out what is making my hair grow. After I reach APL, I'll stop MN and see which is responsible for the growth.:yep:

locabouthair

disco, you got good growth!

I havent been consistent enough with it to see results but I want to start doing it again daily to see how much growth I can get. I paid too much for those oils :lol: I just did it tonight. But my hair always gets tangled when I do my massages. Plus I don't get a tingle when i use it sometimes. It makes me wonder if it's working.:ohwell:

I use lavendar, rosemary, and peppermint with olive oil. I heard it's good to place the oil in warm water before you massage it in.

discodumpling

Thank you loca & dlove!

I started using the EOB (which I call the Hay oils) in April 2007 shortly after I BC'd and the whole truth was revealed :perplexed

I use it as much as 2X a day. For me the key is consistancy, although i've tried other growth aids successfully, this works best for me.

Andrea42

Please Help! How long is this mixture supposed to last? I have already made it and it seems like such a small amount. Am I missing something?

Radianthealth

For the last week or so I have been using Aloe Vera gel mixed with plenty of tea trea oil and lavendar. It feels very soothing on my scalp:yep:

SilverSurfer

I now have baby hair due to using a version of this oil blend that a friend of mine made for me. She used, jojoba oil, avocado oil, coconut oil mixed with rosemary essential oil and peppermint essential oil with a little bit of aloe vera gel and I rub it on my edges and hair line and it's only been 2 weeks and I just noticed some baby hairs all over ...it's like I have a new hair line. :grin: It's a keeper..matter of fact I just rubbed it in all over right before typing this. Oh and I try to apply and massage it to my scalp once a day

favorc

I use eo's on my hair. I have been doing this for about 3 years. i experince less sheading and more growth. i use pep, rosemarry, grapeseed, and jojoba and vit e oil. love it and swear by it.

tricie

Hey, dlove!

I saw this recipe and another one similar to it and have been using it for awhile; I added peppermint, tea tree and emu oil to it; it smells sooo nice and has a great tingle on my scalp.

Right now I am almost 12 weeks post and have hella ng, but I must say that I have been using it as well as a MN/BT mix (I posted the mix in an MN thread; the MN/BT mix has a little of the EO blend mixed in it, too).

Truly, I don't know which is working, but I think I am on a roll; I haven't had this much ng since I had my hair in micros for 2 months back in '02.

HTH!

Nonie

growinghealthyhair, I used the product to grow back bald patches between Dec 2003-September 2004. I didn't continue using it after my hair grew back. The full story is told in this thread but if you just want to see pics of the progress, here they are:

Starting from this very slippery, shiny patch:

...to this in one month:

....and then to this in 3 months (No longer a smooth patch - Yay!):

Nine months or so later, I not only had the bald spot completely filled but actually the hair was growing in length too--You can see the difference in length of twists between the previously bald spot and the rest of my hair in the pic bottom right:

And eventually the hair caught up with the rest of my hair in length--of course, I was trimming the rest of my hair regularly. While the photo below wasn't taken to track the progress of that section as it had been 2 years since the discovery of the bald patch and I wasn't thinking about it, you can see from the bottom right pic that my hair shows no sign of that hair loss experience and that it's all basically the same length:

growinghealthyhair

growinghealthyhair, I used the product to grow back bald patches between Dec 2003-September 2004. I didn't continue using it after my hair grew back. The full story is told in this thread but if you just want to see pics of the progress, here they are:

Starting from this very slippery, shiny patch:

...to this in one month:

....and then to this in 3 months (No longer a smooth patch - Yay!):

Nine months or so later, I not only had the bald spot completely filled but actually the hair was growing in length too--You can see the difference in length of twists between the previously bald spot and the rest of my hair in the pic bottom right:

And eventually the hair caught up with the rest of my hair in length--of course, I was trimming the rest of my hair regularly. While the photo below wasn't taken to track the progress of that section as it had been 2 years since the discovery of the bald patch and I wasn't thinking about it, you can see from the bottom right pic that my hair shows no sign of that hair loss experience and that it's all basically the same length:
Nonie

You always come thru!
Wow!! That is amazing progress!! I'm going to go read more in the thread, to see how often you used it etc.. I think this is going to be my growth oil for my nape/edges instead of getting the OCT system. I think this will work out better for me.

discodumpling

@discodumpling

Do you mind sharing how you mix?

I eyeball everything & my carrier oils are subject to change just based on availabilty and my growing knowledge of the benefits of a certain oil.
Currently:

Ricebran oil (in place of Jojoba because of the similar properties and feel on my scalp and skin)
Grapeseed oil
5 drops of Rosemary
5 drops of Thyme
3 drops of Cedarwood
5 drops of Lavendar
less than a 1/4 tsp of sublimed sulpher

My aim is always to have more of the lighter oil.

I use a VISINE eyedropper to mix, store & apply every other day.

Nonie

@discodumpling, aren't you worried about the high concentrations of essential oils? How much ricebran oil do you use?

Also do you have a source for ricebran oil having same properties as jojoba? I ask because jojoba is more of a wax oil like sebum while ricebran while a very healthy oil that is also known for anti-aging properties isn't exactly a wax.

Last edited:

discodumpling

No, nothing so formal as a definite source. I simply go by the feel of the oil Ricebran though slightly greasier feeling absorbs at just about the same rate on my skin as jojoba. It has (so far) proven to be a great replacement.
No i'm not worried about the high concentration of essential oils. This mixture has not given me a headache. I have at times used more e/o's than was necessary and definitely did get a headache but that was just a sign to lower my dosage.

Nonie

Oh OK. Personally why I wouldn't change the recipe is because it has worked for so many just as it was. And jojoba oil has been documented as a hair/scalp nourisher so I'd be worried to leave it out:

Jojoba oil
Jojoba oil is an excellent product and an important component to the our hair loss halting strategy. It significantly nourishes the hair and scalp promoting their overall health. Its scalp cleaning properties have been well documented. In addition, promotes hair growth and has anti-aging properties.

Jojoba oil and Hair Loss

Prevents follicle blockage by removing excess sebum and cholesterol from the scalp.
Has anti-oxidant properties which prevent free radical damage.
Condition and nourish the scalp and hair.
(Source)

Also grapeseed oil is supposed to be beneficial to follicles so I'd not take it out of the recipe:
Grapeseed Oil Extract
This particular extract has been used by the barrel for many years by herbalists the world over. They use it to improve hair follicle condition as well as the hair shaft. Hair that has been treated with Grape Seed Oil has show that the shaft of the hair retains more moisture and helps to prevent environmental damage. The hormone associated with hair loss, DHT, has shown to be inhibited by nearly 80% by the enzymes found in Grape Seed Oil like azelaic acid.

But I guess to each his own. Just wanted to put that out there because the original recipe has been tested over and over and it's never failed. And if it ain't broken...

QUESTION: Are there any natural treatments for alopecia areata?

ANSWER:

One natural treatment that is sometimes prescribed is aromatherapy.

In 1998, Dr Hay and colleagues reported a study in the journal Archives of Dermatology. 86 patients with alopecia areata were divided into two groups. One-half received aromatherapy consisting of essential oils (thyme, rosemary, lavender, and cedarwood) in a mixture of two carrier oils (jojoba and grapeseed). This mixture was massaged into the scalp daily. The other one-half of participants (control group) received only carrier oils for daily use. 44 % of patients in the aromatherapy group had improvement compared to just 15 % in the control group.

All in all, we don't know if this aromatherapy treatment performs better than topical and steroid injections or other treatments, but it likely is helpful in some patients.

I recommend the mixture reported by the authors of this paper:

2 drops Thyme (Thyme vulgaris)

2 drops Cedarwood oil (Cedrus atlantica)

3 drops Lavender oil (Lavandula agustifolia)

3 drops Rosemary oil (Rosmarinus officinalis)

3 mL jojoba oil

20 mL grapeseed oil
(Source)

discodumpling

For sure i've used other carriers for this mix (I call it the Hays mix)like coconut or EVOO...whatever was handy but you are absolutely correct I ALWAYS comeback to the orginal mix. It is indeed PERFECT. My regular supplier was out of jojoba so I ordered a bottle of ricebran. When it's done i'll order more cause it has been an excellent oil as well as my usual golden jojoba.

Curious...Nonie are you still using this too?

Nonie

@discodumpling, no I don't use it. I consider it a remedy for alopecia. So I stopped using it in September 2004 when my bald patch was fully regrown and I was seeing some length. The pic where I show a comparison of the twist I get in the previously bald patch and the length of the other twists, was taken around the time I stopped using the product.

I tried it on my sparse eyebrows but I don't know if it made a difference coz I wasn't consistent and would go to Castor oil instead sometimes or SkinBio's product. Then I came to find that I never had hair follicles in the part of my eyebrows I'm trying to sprout hair :lachen: coz even my baby photos show I was bald there. So I stopped flogging a dead horse. :giggle:

I don't believe in topical growth aids, so to me this product is for treating baldness not for use as a regular regimen. I'm also a bit superstitious and think too much of anything is bad...and fear that if one uses this when they don't really need it, the day they do need it, it won't make a difference. Plus I love a clean scalp...so no products on my scalp is how I like it. Heck I don't even use leave-ins in my hair but love to be bare and clean. :look: