SCALP MASSAGE UPDATE FOR CHALLENGERS

sterry

I just wanted to know for those who decided to do the scalp massage challenge have you seen results?
Since my big chop in August I have achieved about 1 per week. I have had a set back though.
Since the holidays I have been applying more heat and lost about an 1 1/2 due to dry, splitting ends.

Now I am back on track.

Nessa

talk to katie, shes been doing alot. But I have been doing a whole lot and my head feels TENder,

G

You achieved one inch of hair growth in one week doing the scalp massages?

Marseeya

I can really notice a difference in my slow grow spots the front sides, now they are touching my jaw (finally). The top of my head is tender to the touch most of the time, but I broke my massaging brush. gotta get a new one.. its been two weeks without massaging..too lazy to do it by hand

sterry

Natori 24,

Im sorry. I meant to say that I achieve 1 inch of growth per month doing scalp massages.

itismehmmkay

WOW!

An inch per month is wonderful.
why the sad face??

krys

I should stop tripping and just go ahead and do some myself.

G

I am going to start scalp massaging myself whenever I take the braids out...I want to use Lisa's Hair Elixir made by Carol's Daughter to do the scalp massaging....

skegeesmb

I got my normal amount of growth. But I find that the messages leave me with a fuller looking head of hair. I need to get the message brush! Where can you get that from?

sterry

I have a sad face because I used heat all this month and the prior month.
My ends were fried.

So I had my stylist take off the damaged ends.
My hair does not like heat.

CynamonKis

Is there a technique for massage that I should be using?? I still have that oil mixture that I learned about on the board & need to start using it. I have a non-growth area on the back of my head which I just discovered was hereditary because my sister has the same problem in the same spot.

Isis

I'm still doing my scalp massages twice each day and yes, they are working so well! I have a lot of newgrowth (not measured yet) and my scalp is tender. I love these massages - thank you again Sterry!

sterry

Isis you are welcome.

For those who have a tender scalp you may try tapping your scalp lightly with the balls of your fingers.

One again moving from the front of the scalp to the back of the head. Try tapping in areas for about 30 times then move on.

Are you ladies using an oil mixture with your scalp massages. And if you are make sure the portions of oil are equally distributed. Rosemary, Peppermint and cedarwood are very stron. You need only a few drops.

balleryna

yes im still doing them every morn b4 wash as part of my daily routine. I do it with my medicated scalp oil...then I masasage briskly for up to 5 min. then I horn comb my scalp.. I'm not as good abt doing it in the evening. I do feel my worn edges are filling in a bit but definitelly getting longer. I don't measure tho bc I'm also in the journal challenge. my scalp does feel more tender looser and oh so clean and breathy. this may be a combo of my new prod routine as well as the massage.

balleryna

yes im still doing them every morn b4 wash as part of my daily routine. I do it with my medicated scalp oil...then I masasage briskly for up to 5 min. then I horn comb my scalp.. I'm not as good abt doing it in the evening. I do feel my worn edges are filling in a bit but definitelly getting longer. I don't measure tho bc I'm also in the journal challenge. my scalp does feel more tender looser and oh so clean and breathy. this may be a combo of my new prod routine as well as the massage.

balleryna

balleryna

yes im still doing them every morn b4 wash as part of my daily routine. I do it with my medicated scalp oil...then I masasage briskly for up to 5 min. then I horn comb my scalp.. I'm not as good abt doing it in the evening.

I do feel my worn edges are filling in a bit but definitelly getting longer. I don't measure tho bc I'm also in the journal challenge.

my scalp does feel more tender looser and oh so clean and breathy. this may be a combo of my new prod routine as well as the massage.

Marseeya

Hi Skegeesmb, originally I bought it from a BSS in Jersey, but now that I'm in VA.. and it broke, I marched my happy self to Wal-mart and bought a Conair Touch & tone Massager, it comes with Six massage attachments, there's one in there for the Scalp... Works for me

Isis

I'm still doing my daily scalp massages and doing them with essential oils prior to washing my hair. I've recently added YlangYlang to my jojoba, rosemary and lavender oils. YlangYlang is supposed to stimulate hair growth like rosemary does. It sure smells good!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
sterry said:
Natori 24,

Im sorry. I meant to say that I achieve 1 inch of growth per month doing scalp massages.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sterry,
How often do u do scalp massages per week and for how many minutes?

BLESSED1

I don't know if it was the biotin or the scalp massages, but I noticed about an inch of new growth every month (before I only got 3/4 of an inch). I'm now only 3 inches away from my brastrap goal so I'm happy

happylocks

I want to be a memember of the 1' month club, I did get 1" and month, when I firsted joined for about 3 months, liquid msm, biotin, and I dont remember what eles, I will try the massages they do make my hair look fuller