Expired Indian Powders and Oils

missnurselady

After reading a post about someones indian grocer only having expired powders I decided to take a look at the products I recently purchased and guess what??? They are all expired, every single one of them, not just a month or even a year....they expired in 1997, 1999, and so on. I'm so hot right now. I had to go to three different stores just to get the things that I needed for the AAA challenge! I have already used them, about three times, should I just throw this stuff away and order online, or finish using them? Please help ladies, I need your advise

Candy_C

After reading a post about someones indian grocer only having expired powders I decided to take a look at the products I recently purchased and guess what??? They are all expired, every single one of them, not just a month or even a year....they expired in 1997, 1999, and so on. I'm so hot right now. I had to go to three different stores just to get the things that I needed for the AAA challenge! I have already used them, about three times, should I just throw this stuff away and order online, or finish using them? Please help ladies, I need your advise

u sure that isnt the manufactured date?

your boxes wouldnt have the same packaging as some of the ones posted on here if they are out of date

do they resemble the ones i and other members have posted?

missnurselady

u sure that isnt the manufactured date?

your boxes wouldnt have the same packaging as some of the ones posted on here if they are out of date

do they resemble the ones i and other members have posted?
Thanks for the quick reply Candy, my oils have the same packaging, but I havent seen any of the powders here. Its has a manufactured date and it says expires 24 months after manufacturing date. I can only see the actual date on 2 of the powders because on the others they are covered by the price stickers.

poookie

hmm... even though they've been expired for years, how did they affect your hair?

i'm sure the henna i bought online isn't too fresh (the copyright on the box said 2002), and my hair turned out very nicely.

blazingthru

I was worried about the exact thing so I was up in the store looking at the oils for a good 20 minutes before the lady came over to help me but I understood that the oils I brought would expire come October 2008. it had a shelf life of 36 months so I purchased the oils. I expect to use it all up before April. but I have to go somewhere else to purchase the powders as the store I went to did not have any. But that is my greatest fear getting stuff the has expired and it damaging my hair.

missnurselady

Alot of the ones I buy are expired. But they work wonders for my hair.:yep:
Ok I feel alot better now! Im going to Houston, Tx for christmas and I already told my sister that we have to make a trip to her Indian Market so I can stock up, I hope their products are fresh!

natieya

I'm in Houston and when/where I got my stuff, it was all expired. I was bummed about it until I just came across this thread and now I feel better. I hope it works ok. Thanks DLewis, you helped alleviate my fears.:rolleyes:

misscrystal

Nappy and Happy
Ok I feel alot better now! Im going to Houston, Tx for christmas and I already told my sister that we have to make a trip to her Indian Market so I can stock up, I hope their products are fresh!

Houston has a massive Indian community. Especially in the Harwin and Missouri City/Stafford areas.

I'm still on the fence about Ayurvedic products so I didn't get anything when I was back home for the holidays. :perplexed