The AAA 'Experiment'.........for all my NO CHALLENGES sistas!

HERicane10

I've had several pm's from different people about pursuing a more Ayurvedic regimen and since we've had such an awesome response about it, I thought this would be a great 'experiment':look:

I like to give a shout out to my #1 NO CHALLENGES-NO MO! sista- DivaRox :notworthy for the great name: AAA = All Ayurveda till April

So what's it gonna be ladies? Are we gonna just let Candy_C keep growing hair down to her arse :blush: before we get a clue? :grin: Who's up for it AND what will you be doing?

:weird:AAA Players are:

Candy_C
Hericane10
mscocoface
tiffcurl
tricie
Leslie_C
lollyoo
DivaRox
MonaRae
Serenity_Peace
nappywomyn
JenFleets (Jan. '08 start)
jluvztweety
caribgirl
LaShanne
Andreainnis
Wannabelong
coconow2007
imstush
missty1029
pcperfection
dogmd
boomboom1027
josie
luvmesumhair
Gemini350z
tt8
fancypants007
VinDieselsWifey
cmw45
halee J
studio gal
bee
tottzu
stilletos
aprilshowers
SqrpioQtie
Anancy
nubiangoddess3
angellazette
mocha5
carameldiva
song_of_serenity
Foxycurls
butterfly425
boomboom1027
JenFleets
Afrolinda
Shaniquah
jayjaycurlz
growinstrong
Brinasia
daniemoy
Mrs. TheBronx
Healthytresses
Jackibro
tsturnbu
kiesha8185
Jazzy413
drasgrl
noegirl05
growingbrown
KaramelDiva1978 + DD :)
mytialpn
gradygirl
nappywomyn
shalita05
Zeal

Last edited:

Mamamia

Hey, I'm familiar with aspects of Ayurveda (Vita, Pitta, and Kapha), but how do you apply it to hair growth???

mscocoface

Are you speaking specifically of the different powders and oils that have been mentioned of late?

So it would be something like naming the products you will use and what you are using them for.

Example.

Shikakai, Aritha and Amla - brewed as a shampoo/conditioner for the hair.

Henna/Cassia/Indigo for conditioning and coloring.

Amla and Bringraj oil for oil rinses and daily use.

Amla and Hibiscus teas used as a spray for daily spritzing.

Is that what you mean? I have been doing my own personal Ayurvedic challenge since March of this year. (I have it in my fotki)

My goal has been to use Ayurvedic and natural products and wean myself off of all other products that don't meet these qualifications of at least have 90% of my products ayurvedic and natural.

Last edited:

tricie

I guess I need to be a part of this one, seeing as at this very moment I have henna on my hair that has some Amla oil and powder in it, and will be DCing afterwards with a mix that has Shikaikai and Vatika oil! :)

Leslie_C

u know Im in chica :yep:

my question is...we can still use other products for moisture and conditioning, right?

DivaRox

:grin:-Checking in. I received some of my ayurvedic poos and oils in today and couldn't wait to use them. HERiCane10 I think I'll keep the sample regimen I showed you but I still have to wait until I figure out where to stick that mn:spinning:. I'll come back and post it once I take my pics:yep:

I am going to alternate cowashing with gentle pooing daily. I have herbal poos(bhringraj, gro aut, neem and shikakai/reetha/amla) I will apply my ayurvedic oils the night before my poo sessions(my oils smell-according to my family-like irritated bowels:perplexed) and apply my sulphur oils the night before my cowash days. After oil application, I baggy under Pibbs for 10-15 min then continue baggying overnight. I'm taking bhringraj supps 2x daily. DC once weekly with Lekair(need a cheapie because I'm in twists now and I am heavy handed with product) Condish on poo day with either Suave humectant or Suave extreme strength. Apply diluted herbal condish(henna and bhringraj) as leave in and seal.

This is my starting length(6weeks post) and a couple of pics of my twists(my protective style for this "experiment":grin:):

11-30-07......................................... <-- 11-30-07 -->.................................

Last edited:

DivaRox

Hey, I'm familiar with aspects of Ayurveda (Vita, Pitta, and Kapha), but how do you apply it to hair growth???

Well, we're talking about using ayurvedic remedies for hair fall, hair loss and hair growth through the use of scalp oils, hair oils and cleansing agents. Some of the key components are amla, shikakai(sp), brahma, bhringraj, neem. ritha and a few others.

MonaRae

I would love to join this one. My hair loves herbs but I need help understanding exactly what Ayurveda is. Is it a method or a type of product such as an herb? Forgive my ignorance!

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
After I relax at Christmas, I'm putting myself on a strict, 6-month Ayurveda challenge. I did purchase ReddTweetyB's products, www.myfasthairgrowth.com and will go full throttle from January-June 2008. My Daddy is buying me a nice digital camera, so I will finally be able to set up my Fotki for good and track my progress every 3 months. I'm really excited...

Pre-poo: shikakai and alma oils with heat

Poo: Once a week, Candy_C's shikakai/alma powder rinse, followed by a deep condition. Twice a week, ReddTweety's regimen (herbal shampoo, jojoba rosemary oil poo, followed by
Mahabhringraj and [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Bhringraj Oils, Coconut oil on hair only, then RT's jojoba/rosemary oil conditioner as a leave-in, sealed with more Coconut oil, JBCO on ends)

Henna treatments: once a month, followed by deep moisturizing conditioner

[/FONT]

tallnomad

for this experiment, I'm definitely trying this. Vickid posted this:

I've used Shikakai powder as a scalp scrub for about 3 yrs. It cleansed the sebum from my scalp and made my hair grow, grow, grow. I mixed 2 T powder, 1tsp. amla, coconut or shikakai oil, and 1 tsp water. I massaged it into my scalp and let it dry. Rinsed and conditioned my hair. Shikakai really does work wonders!

Everything Zen

It definintely sounds like a great challenge! I want in, but I know that as a potential PJ, I need to finish what I have now and hopefully start the first of January. Is that okay?

caribgirl

I'm in! See, you ladies are always in my head :yep: ! Last Fri. I stopped by my neighborhood Trini-inidan store and requested Shikakai, Amla, and Vatika oil after reading Sareca's recipe. I will get them on Fri. and will start mixing. I already use Cassia every 5-6 weeks for conditioning.

LaShanne

well, I just ordered all of my powders/oils and I'll be starting RT's Gro-Aut regimen as well. So, as soon as I get everything, I'll start my very first hair challenge. I'm so excited!

Last edited:

Andreainnis

Ooo ooo ooo I'm in! I just got most of my oils and powders and I planned to start tomorrow:yep: Im so happy you started this challenge and I cant wait to hear everyones methods and progress!:drunk: (uh, I need to get a life:look:)

HERicane10

Are you speaking specifically of the different powders and oils that have been mentioned of late?

So it would be something like naming the products you will use and what you are using them for.

Example.

Shikakai, Aritha and Amla - brewed as a shampoo/conditioner for the hair.

Henna/Cassia/Indigo for conditioning and coloring.

Amla and Bringraj oil for oil rinses and daily use.

Amla and Hibiscus teas used as a spray for daily spritzing.

Is that what you mean? I have been doing my own personal Ayurvedic challenge since March of this year. (I have it in my fotki)

My goal has been to use Ayurvedic and natural products and wean myself off of all other products that don't meet these qualifications of at least have 90% of my products ayurvedic and natural.

That's absolutely what I mean mscoco!

coconow2007

Count me in - I have to learn a little more about the herbs - what to use and when but for now I do know how to use henna, indingo, and alma powder.

Leslie_C

Ok I think Ive decided on a reggie...

Ill wash twice a week.

1) Ill prepoo with warm alma oil for at least an hour or overnight (hubby hates the smell of alma oil lol). This will be done once a week and the other time I will Deep Condition with conditioner of choice with heat prior to washing.

2) Once a week Ill poo with J/A/S/O/N Sea Kelp poo (I think any of his poos would be fine since they dont contain sulfates). The other time Ill cowash.

3) Shikakai/Alma scrub mentioned above and let sit. Rinse after showering (5 to 10 minutes). If I didnt deep condition on dry hair this wash, Ill do it here. I may experiment with leaving the scrub on my scalp until I rinse out the conditioner.

4) Apply leave in and seal with vatika oil.

5) Rollerset or braid/twist for braidout/twistout.

Moisturize daily with Elasta QP recovery (concentrating on ends) and apply vatika oil to hair/scalp as needed.

Henna once per month