Who said to use Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion on your hair?

gone_fishing

I don't know who said it because I cannot find it but let me tell you...I have spent HUNDREDS of dollars since I joined this site trying to find my staple hair moisturizer. I've tried everything under the sun and nothing was working. :nono: Some stuff was just too heavy. Some stuff was too light. Some stuff was sticky. Some stuff let my hair "gray" looking and wouldn't blend in well or disburse well.

I already had some VICL when I read that post so it was easy for me to just go try it. I've been using it as a moisturizer for about 5 days now and it is the best thing ever.

I just cannot believe I had this sitting in my bathroom all this time and never thought to put it on my head. It doesn't leave it greasy. It doesn't leave a sticky gross film. It isn't difficult to blend into the hair without the "gray" look. It's just about the best thing ever.

So Thank you so much whoever said it because FINALLY my search is over for a moisturizer....one less thing to pack too when I go on a trip since I can literally use this as an OVER ALL body moisturizer. Thanks again so much. If I could send you a thank you card I would!

If you click on the link each kinds tells you what ingredients are in the lotion. This is the best thing EVER (moisturizer) for MY hair.

http://www.vaseline.com/intensive-rescue.html

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

This thread so did NOT deserve a one-star.:perplexed

You are right, adequete....it does work very well on the hair. You may have to clarify a little more often, but it is a very good moisterizer.

It was posted in the Hair forum over the weekend. Go there with your report...they would enjoy that!

chellero

Wife Supremacist
Now I am going to have to buy some VICL. I was deliberately avoiding the hair forum so that I wouldn't be tempted to buy anymore hair products. At least if this doesn't work for me I can use it on my feet.

Isis

Thank you for sharing this Adequate! :) I have some Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion sitting on my bathroom shelf. I'll have to check this out. :yep:

Summer_Rain

Initially had to LACHEN at the topic, but then I thought about it. I have a cousin with 3c/4a (or whatever the combo would be) hair, and growing up ALL she used was johnson&johnsons baby lotion for her hair. It really define her curl pattern and kept it moist.

I did put some VICL on Jordans head the other day. It was itchy and dry and I wasn't close to my ORS

sunnydaze

Luvinwife..that picture of your kids!

:love4::love4::love4:

My mother used baby lotion on our hair growing up and it worked well. I did it for a while with my dd. I may try this now!

audacious1

Initially had to LACHEN at the topic, but then I thought about it. I have a cousin with 3c/4a (or whatever the combo would be) hair, and growing up ALL she used was johnson&johnsons baby lotion for her hair. It really define her curl pattern and kept it moist.

I did put some VICL on Jordans head the other day. It was itchy and dry and I wasn't close to my ORS

:lachen::lachen:

I guess if it's good for the skin, it should probably do well on the hair, right?

gone_fishing

Yes, I was inspired to try something new after reading about our sista on the hairboard who though Listerine as a base was a good idea! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I tried that ORS based on recommendations from this site and I'm :( 'cause my hair hates that stuff. I have a whole bottle of it. I used it once. It's too thick and ...I don't know...I just don't like the texture of it. Sort of bummed me out since I heard so many rave reviews about it. But this VICL. :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

all day long...

frostydoll

Hmm I might have to try this, but what about the mineral oil that's in it, isn't that why Pink Oil is looked down on.:look: Although it worked well for me when I was relaxed.

thatscuteright

I agree it works. I like to go to the Dollar Store and buy a big bottle of Suave Lotion or whatever brand lotion is available and use it on my hair.
It smells really nice and it keep my ends moisturized.

SEMO

Hmm I might have to try this, but what about the mineral oil that's in it, isn't that why Pink Oil is looked down on.:look: Although it worked well for me when I was relaxed.

I was wondering the same thing about the mineral oil (even though I too had okay results with my mineral oil products when I was relaxed :look:).

gone_fishing

I was wondering the same thing about the mineral oil (even though I too had okay results with my mineral oil products when I was relaxed :look:).

What am I supposed to be looking for? The first ingredient is water. I don't see any "mineral oil"? I do see mineral water?

I just bought Vaseline total moisture conditioning body lotion with vitamins E & A with pro-vitamin B5 and it's GREAT!!!!!!!!! and CHEAP!!!!!!:lachen:

Nice & Wavy

What am I supposed to be looking for? The first ingredient is water. I don't see any "mineral oil"? I do see mineral water?

I just bought Vaseline total moisture conditioning body lotion with vitamins E & A with pro-vitamin B5 and it's GREAT!!!!!!!!! and CHEAP!!!!!!:lachen:

I just bought this one and used it this morning after I clarified and conditioned. This was the only thing I used on my hair and my hair is the softest, moisterized ever, and its 2:30pm. I don't think I need to use anything else on my hair. Thanks for bringing this back to my attention!

There isn't any mineral oil in this, however there is Methylparaben and its near the bottom of the list:

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Glycol Stearate, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja Sterol (Soybean), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Avena Sativa Kernel Protein (Oat), Sodium Stearoyl-2 Lactylate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Palmitate), Carbomer, Lecithin, Keratin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium PCA, Potassium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Collagen Amino Acids, Mineral Water, Fragrance, Triethanolamine, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Urea, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Disodium EDTA, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Miss*Tress

It does have dimethicone (silicone) which might need to be shampooed out, but on the whole the ingredients seem inoffensive enough.