Old pictures of your "Damaged Hair" (for motivation)

tiffanyoneal

Just for some of us to stay motivated about growing our hair lets post pictures of our hair when it was badly damaged.... you know when you didn’t know a “thang” about taking care of hair. If you can remember the date or year post it please.

Here are mine: Don't let that shine fool you. My hair was freshly greased down. I was trying to hide that thinning spot in the front and the nape of my hair was shedding like crazy. Around this time I was burning my hair out with flatirons and blow dryers and not washing it regularly. That sand was eating away at all my poor hair.
2004 (Iraq)

Alright ya'll I posted so it your turn!

Last edited:

tryingto

my hair was damaged from a relaxer the photo below shows after a 8 weeks of growth to the area
12/06

and this is from 9/3/07

wheezy807

How is this motivating if we're just looking at damaged hair pics? What about a before and after?

sareca

My hair was breaking so badly somebody at work asked if I had my hair cut at lunch... 'cause my shoulders were covered in short hairs. :(

Last edited:

adw425

First pix is July 2005; second is February 2006; third is December 2006 and the fourth is March or April 2007. A picture is worth a thousand words (smile). It hurts to even look at the pictures from 2005 and early 2006. I did not post a 2005 bun because it looked so puny and pitiful. I did before and after pictures.

Attachments

• July2005.jpg
    July2005.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Feb.2006.jpg
    Feb.2006.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 54
  • HairOut121506.JPG
    HairOut121506.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 72
  • bun3.JPG
    bun3.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

PanamasOwn

These were the only two I could find. My hair was over processed, heat damaged, and stringy... (Its hurts to look at those) they are both from Dec. 2006

Attachments

• img213.jpg
    img213.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 90
  • img237.jpg
    img237.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 99

aloof one

Here I was walkin around with ends lookin like fingers reachin out.. all because I was too afraid to get another trim... Sadly my ends are always getting like that no matter what because I used to be so bad w/ relaxers, but I shoulda known better than to be hanging on to that mess :nono:
That ish didn't even move and looked WORSE off camera...:perplexed I wound up getting to APL this year only to realize it was only by like 5 strands of hair! :lachen:

aloof one

Oh yea, and the first pic in my siggy isn't one of my finer moments either... :nono:
And my hair looked like that for a good month or two before it started getting better. I been hiding in buns so no one would notice:hide:! Hopefully Im not still making the same mistakes...

tiffanyoneal

Wheezy07 ,
There is already a thread for before and after pictures. I checked out that thread and it consists of mostly people with 1 year comparisons. I wanted people in this thread to show pictures of their hair from back in the day when they didnt know anything about taking care of hair. This way they are able to not only see the great results from their 1-2 year comparisons but they can see actually how far they came from with their hair.

I am not concerned with a "after" picture because I know it's only a click away to look at there fotki. Your comment was one that could have been a private message. Please do not interrupt and throw the focus of this thread off. If you are unsure about any thing I post PM me. Thanks:yep:

wheezy807

Wheezy07 ,
There is already a thread for before and after pictures. I checked out that thread and it consists of mostly people with 1 year comparisons. I wanted people in this thread to show pictures of their hair from back in the day when they didnt know anything about taking care of hair. This way they are able to not only see the great results from their 1-2 year comparisons but they can see actually how far they came from with their hair.

I am not concerned with a "after" picture because I know it's only a click away to look at there fotki. Your comment was one that could have been a private message. Please do not interrupt and throw the focus of this thread off. If you are unsure about any thing I post PM me. Thanks:yep:

What if the person doesn't have a pic in their avatar or siggy, or doesn't have a fotki- that's the only point i'm trying to make. It's like, " ok your hair used to look like that, what does it look like now?" I'm sorry if i (am) interrupting or throwing off your thread.

meaganita

Here's mine::grin:

August 2001- Relaxed (Damaged)

June 2007 - Natural (Healthy)

Sorry for poor pic quality.:ohwell:

Last edited:

tiffanyoneal

meaganita,
Your hair looked great back then. I wished mine looked like that back in the days... but I can understand you wanting for healthly hair. Happy growing girl and thanks for posting! :yep:

meaganita

meaganita,
Your hair looked great back then. I wished mine looked like that back in the days... but I can understand you wanting for healthly hair. Happy growing girl and thanks for posting! :yep:
Thank you mamita, but did you see those whispy ends??? Or shall I say "strands?":lachen:

WhipEffectz1

A bit extreme but I looked like a pick headed chicken to say the least!!!:lol:
December 2004
Then

I went stopped relaxing and cut off all my hair to go natural so the pic below is now Sept 07
After TLC

Last edited: