LONDON ALERT - Sew in Weave for £20!!!

fairyhairy

I know, was so nervous having heard the stories here, but loving it, thankyou ladies, and yes we need a meeting soon, xxx

*KP*

I tried to wrap my weave but it came out sooooooooo tangled. What I normally did was put it in one loose braid. To the ladies that wrap their weaves...how do you do it so it to maintain the quality?

londontresses

I tried to wrap my weave but it came out sooooooooo tangled. What I normally did was put it in one loose braid. To the ladies that wrap their weaves...how do you do it so it to maintain the quality?

I use ORS Olive Oil Gloss (as mentioned earlier in the thread), a tiny bit of Elasta QP Recovery...and my faithful friend, THE PADDLE BRUSH...I have this one from GHD...To be honest i can wrap my weave better than my own hair - lol.

Mimi22

heyyy ladies! thanks again for putting out this thread! My girlfriend got her braids done at Crown and Glory and it looks fierce! She said they braided quick and did a great job! I'm so happy LHCF was able to give me new salons to visit!!!

Thanksx a bunch ladies!
Happy holidays!! :grin:

*KP*

I got mine done again at Hairmax last week, I might give Crown and Glory a try next time. The weave is roughly the same length as my own hair (a little longer in the back)...I'll be back to post pics.

I managed to wrap my weave a bit better last time but struggled to secure it. I will try with a paddle brush.

Last edited:

wantingtogrow

Alas everyone has found the gems of hairdressing in south london lol.

I have been going to both places for about 1 1/2 yrs now and this is my low down....

Crown and Glory has been established for a longer time than Hairmax and they are trying to up on their customer service, like they try and serve you 'refreshments' and the sorts. They are good at most services like the ghana braids and braids and weaves also but the problem is time, if you got time then this is for you.
Believe it or not, they are quite equal in skill because a lot of the stylists that used to be at Hairmax go back to Crown n Glory and stylists leave Crown n Golry to Hairmax. Theey do so many weaves that their skills are definately honed at such busy places. Anyways... best thing to do is to get a ticket, do your business (remember to tell the receptionist that they should save your place) and come back.

Haimax- Their main specialty is the weaves but alas some ppl end up going to Crown n Glory because the waiting time is too long. Its funny because ppl started going there because Crown n Glory had a long waiting time and so they put their prices low to bring in competition and now it is reowned for its weaves.

You can go into Hairmax and come out within 2 hours, it is possibly because I have done it. The key is to go during a week day. DO NOT go on a saturday because unless you get there at 8.30am and sit in car outside the shop you will be there for 6 hours on average.
Go on a Wednesday or Thursday pm, as they take their last customers at about 5.50pm. They are good though so some dont mind the wait because even if they were more expensive they are so good at what they do, you dont mind paying more.
£20 is only for long weave that requires minimal cutting. £25 if you want an interesting bob (like when I did the assymetric rhianna bob, I was charged £25) and £30 for a short weave.
Keep their number in your phone and if you get a spare moment on a week day def. pop in and get your weave on.

HTH

DarkDesire

You - don't - know - how - excited - I - am - about - this right now :grin:. I have never had a weave done, I'm a student, and I really wanted to find a place so that I could get a new look - but I don't have much funding if you get my drift.

One thing though - I'm worried about salons because of how they treat the hair - and this site has given me real hair handling paranoia. Are they really rough on the hair, i.e raking through with a thin-tooth comb, ombing from root to tip, tight braiders etc? This is what makes or breaks the experience for me, as I automatically think they are slowing me down on my quest to growth.

Thanks girl! So many people aren't really willing to share their weave and extensions info...

Monigirl

Very pretty!!!! That stylist is good and charges an unbelieveable cheap price. Dang!!!!! I would of tipped her big time. LOL!!!!

Tell your stylist to fly over the US and teach a few stylist in my area how to do it right and make them lower their prices as well. :grin:

*KP*

You - don't - know - how - excited - I - am - about - this right now :grin:. I have never had a weave done, I'm a student, and I really wanted to find a place so that I could get a new look - but I don't have much funding if you get my drift.

One thing though - I'm worried about salons because of how they treat the hair - and this site has given me real hair handling paranoia. Are they really rough on the hair, i.e raking through with a thin-tooth comb, ombing from root to tip, tight braiders etc? This is what makes or breaks the experience for me, as I automatically think they are slowing me down on my quest to growth.

Thanks girl! So many people aren't really willing to share their weave and extensions info...

I've developed hair paranoia too! They are good for weaves & they don't braid too tight but I wouldn't go there for anything else, not even a wash and DEFINITELY NOT to remove my weave.

Let us know how it turns out if you do go.

*KP*

Very pretty!!!! That stylist is good and charges an unbelieveable cheap price. Dang!!!!! I would of tipped her big time. LOL!!!!

Tell your stylist to fly over the US and teach a few stylist in my area how to do it right and make them lower their prices as well. :grin:

It's beautiful!

Thank you!

It's funny, after I went back for a second weave I hated the first (the one in the pics). The second one looked SOOOOO natural, I used a shorter hair and went for Remi this time - the texture was very close to my natural hair, I found the other too shiny.

Ebony Majesty

heyyy special K
how are you?
quick question: what hair did u use the second time? oo and have you ever seen a lace closure in a hair shop... I need one :(

DarkDesire

I've been ringing them all day and can't get through.... which ones of you lot are keeping them busy, huh? :grin:

I wish they would pick up the phone...

Integrity

I am gearing up to pay them a visit in a few weeks time. Does anyone know where in London I can get Remy hair? Also how much will it cost me and how many packs will I need?:yep:

hothair

Pak in Finsbury park carry Remi (on Stroud Green road) they also have a site www.pak-cosmetics.com (I think) the prices are from £35 you probably need at least a pack and half depends on the look/ style you're going for...

*KP*

heyyy special K
how are you?
quick question: what hair did u use the second time? oo and have you ever seen a lace closure in a hair shop... I need one :(

Hey Stilettos, I know I'm a bit (a lot!) late but...I used Glam Permed Press Straight from their Prestige Collection (http://yourglam.com/). I got mine in Kliburn but I'm not sure where in South London has some. I used a pack and a half.

Pak in Finsbury park carry Remi (on Stroud Green road) they also have a site www.pak-cosmetics.com (I think) the prices are from £35 you probably need at least a pack and half depends on the look/ style you're going for...

Hey Integrity, glad you got your response. I agree with Hot Hair, Pak is fantastic in terms of the range they have. I got mine from a smaller shop in Kilburn. My aunt & I bought 3 packs between us and shared

*KP*

heyyy special K
how are you?

I haven't seen a lace closure in a UK hair shop but apparently that same shop in Kilburn (Kiaz) have some now...I used a plastic kinda one :nono: HUGE mistake! Avoid at all costs!!

Ebony Majesty

Thanks Special K
I got my hair done this week in Canning Town
A bit pricey @ £45 but I loveeee how she cut it. It looks so natural
People at work thought it was my hair
:look:

Integrity

Thanks Special K
I got my hair done this week in Canning Town
A bit pricey @ £45 but I loveeee how she cut it. It looks so natural
People at work thought it was my hair
:look:

wow great. please share what hair you used and salon name. any chance of pics?:yep:

vestaluv1

Looks like I MIGHT be taking a trip down to South London. I'm scared AS H3LL though. I had a bad experience with an EXPENSIVE sew in that SEVERELY broke and damaged my hair. Gonna have to think about it...for a few months I think. IDK.
Also, I don't like salons with a ghetto atmosphere :lachen:.

londontresses