Make your own sulpher mix that DOESN'T STINK!

ajargon02

okay, so for thoes that don't want to spend the money to buy it, you can make your own!
STINK FREE SULPHER MIX

1 clear "ketchup" bottle
-wal-mart (.79)

1 bottle of hot 6 oil
-sally's (3.99)

1 bottle of "flowers of sulpher"
-CVS (4.00) and they will order it for you :)

TOTAL COST OUT OF POCKET: 8.78 :eek: ! saving you atleast $10, off the cut!:D
Take the clear "ketchup" bottle, fill 1/2 way w/ the hot 6 oil. Next take 3 teaspoons of the powdered sulpher and put it into the bottle. Now put the little cap on and shake. It's ready to use, and doesn't stink. The nozzle on the bottle is small enough so it's hard to use to much :)
HAPPY GROWING LADIES! This is what I am doing. I don't smell the "burnt matches" that I did smell when I used only the almond oil that I steeped w/ other things. This time round there's no smell what so ever.

Jay

Thanks for the info. I'll have to try this whenever I stop using BT. I have a whole bag of sulfur powder that I have no idea what to do with it, and this will put it to good use before I throw it away

SignatureBeauty

Thanks! the recipe sounds really simple, so how is it working for you? I can't believe there is no smell either, but I am so sensitive to sulfur smell LOL!! I am gonna try it one day to see how I like it.

Thanks For Sharing!!

ajargon02

sunbasque said:
are you sure? i still havent found one that doesnt smell so i might try it

tABSOLUTELY, 100% SURE! :)
I have been trying to do this "stinky mix" challenge. I didn't want to buy something that I knew I could make. There's a thread on nappturality that talks about it too. So I like to mix and make stuff for my hair, so I was like, I can do this. After looking up sulpher and doing internet research, I decided to check it out. W/ the almond oil, I did have a slight burnt matches smell, and eventually (after 2 days) it really got on my nerves. I was even washing it out of my hair on the days that I use it. Well I ran out of the steeped almond oil that I was using, and needed to find a replacement. So that's when I went searching. I know that some on nappturality have said that they use coconut oil and the smell isn't there, but I wanted to be sure. I didn't want to go round w/ funky hair, ya know. The hot 6 oil has a faint fruity smell and when mixed w/ the sulpher, all you smell is the hot 6! I was shocked! I couldn't believe my nose! Try it out for yourselves! I will continue to bring ya'll what I have tried and know. I know others can make a living w/ it, and I am NOT hatin on ya! Do your thing! See but I am on a budget, and I know that other's are too, so I'm just sharing the love :):p

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Thanks so much, sweetie! ;) I've always loved Hot Oil 6. Do you use this concoction on your scalp ONLY? I have Sulfur that I purchased from Britain, and it's still sitting in my cabinet. I have no idea what to do with it. I use BT already, but still, this is a good piece of information to have in those emergency situations...

:kiss:

SignatureBeauty

ajargon02 said:
tABSOLUTELY, 100% SURE! :)
I have been trying to do this "stinky mix" challenge. I didn't want to buy something that I knew I could make. There's a thread on nappturality that talks about it too. So I like to mix and make stuff for my hair, so I was like, I can do this. After looking up sulpher and doing internet research, I decided to check it out. W/ the almond oil, I did have a slight burnt matches smell, and eventually (after 2 days) it really got on my nerves. I was even washing it out of my hair on the days that I use it. Well I ran out of the steeped almond oil that I was using, and needed to find a replacement. So that's when I went searching. I know that some on nappturality have said that they use coconut oil and the smell isn't there, but I wanted to be sure. I didn't want to go round w/ funky hair, ya know. The hot 6 oil has a faint fruity smell and when mixed w/ the sulpher, all you smell is the hot 6! I was shocked! I couldn't believe my nose! Try it out for yourselves! I will continue to bring ya'll what I have tried and know. I know others can make a living w/ it, and I am NOT hatin on ya! Do your thing! See but I am on a budget, and I know that other's are too, so I'm just sharing the love :):p

I understand Completely by being on a Budget, I ain't mad 'atcha' LOL! I have a Full Bottle of BT that I am gonna use up and then I think I will try to make this, How long have you been using this?I guess it will take a few weeks before you see your growth.

ajargon02

Serenity_Peace said:
Thanks so much, sweetie! ;) I've always loved Hot Oil 6. Do you use this concoction on your scalp ONLY? I have Sulfur that I purchased from Britain, and it's still sitting in my cabinet. I have no idea what to do with it. I use BT already, but still, this is a good piece of information to have in those emergency situations...

:kiss:

I am in twists most of the time, so yes, I do. I clip a section of twists out of the way, and put the oil on my scalp. I concentrate on my edges, b/c they don't look so hot. After I have oiled up my scalp, I massage it for about 5-7 min.

ajargon02

NappyParadise said:
I understand Completely by being on a Budget, I ain't mad 'atcha' LOL! I have a Full Bottle of BT that I am gonna use up and then I think I will try to make this, How long have you been using this?I guess it will take a few weeks before you see your growth.

I just started using the sulpher mix last week. I am also clarifying once a week now that I am using the mix. I am giving it 3 months total to see what happens. I am using the mix 2-4 times per week. I do the oil 2x per week for the first 3 weeks, then 3x per week for the next 3 weeks, then 4x per week for the last 6 weeks. I can't wait. I know that it will take at least 1 month to see if I got/retained more growth then normal. I am really excited, and I am photo documenting it. I am very specific too. this way I can truely tell if there's been any improvement, or if it's just in my head, ya know?

Daisimae

Hot six oil is from Africian Royale: http://www.bronnerbros.com/Products/hot_6_oil.html .

Here are the ingredients:

Olive Oil , Canola Oil , Wheat Germ Oil , Sweet Almond Oil , Safflower Oil , Castor Oil , Sesame Oil , Vitamin E , Vitamin A , Vitamin D , Cyclomethicone , Sheep Sorrell , Yarrow , Slippery Elm Bark , Sage , Henna , Comfrey , Burdock Root , Ginseng , Goldenseal , Cherry Bark , Black Walnut , Chamomile , Alfalfa , Hyssop , Wheat Germ

My question is: How many ounces is your ketchup bottle?

I already use Hot six oil for pre-pooing and sealing.
I like finding another use for a product I already have. :grin:

Thanks!

Last edited:
B

BabieD

Last edited by a moderator:

dreamer26

ajargon02 said:
okay, so for thoes that don't want to spend the money to buy it, you can make your own!
STINK FREE SULPHER MIX

1 clear "ketchup" bottle
-wal-mart (.79)

1 bottle of hot 6 oil
-sally's (3.99)

Take the clear "ketchup" bottle, fill 1/2 way w/ the hot 6 oil. Next take 3 teaspoons of the powdered sulpher and put it into the bottle. Now put the little cap on and shake. It's ready to use, and doesn't stink. The nozzle on the bottle is small enough so it's hard to use to much :)
HAPPY GROWING LADIES! This is what I am doing. I don't smell the "burnt matches" that I did smell when I used only the almond oil that I steeped w/ other things. This time round there's no smell what so ever.

This is why you can't keep black people down.

When we can't afford it we make it, and when we can't find it we create it, and when it just smells to bad we take the smell out.

You go girl,

coolhandlulu

Struttin' and stuntin'
dreamer26 said:
This is why you can't keep black people down.

When we can't afford it we make it, and when we can't find it we create it, and when it just smells to bad we take the smell out.
AND then we share the knowledge amongst each other.

Thanks babycakes!

lejardinier

Thanks for posting this. I have two bottles of a product that a lot of people swear by but I can't use it. Will let you know how it works. I absolutely can't stand the smell of sulfur. I'm running out to get the ingredients for this now!!! Thanks again.

Natalie76

I've been making my own sulfur mix for about 6 months now and getting between 3/4 to 1 inch per month. I dont use Hot six oil, but a combo of olive oil, castor oil and sweet almond oil (I use combo of oils really, with olive oil as the base oil), I take 1.5-2 spoonfuls of sulfur, place it on a plate and mash it down over and over (this take out the lumps and clumps). You'll know it's ready when the sulfur begins to magnetically attract to the spoon. After adding the sulfur to my bottle (regular plastic bottle you can get from any hair store w/ the red top), I then take a drop of cranberry fragrance oil, you can get this online or at bath and body works (a little will do the trick). I shake all the ingredients up, let it sit for an hour or two and then apply to my hair daily until the bottle runs out. A bottle usually lasts me two weeks and then I have to make some more. It's been a very cheap alternative for me and IT WORKS.

HERicane10

Natalie76 said:
I've been making my own sulfur mix for about 6 months now and getting between 3/4 to 1 inch per month. I dont use Hot six oil, but a combo of olive oil, castor oil and sweet almond oil (I use combo of oils really, with olive oil as the base oil), I take 1.5-2 spoonfuls of sulfur, place it on a plate and mash it down over and over (this take out the lumps and clumps). You'll know it's ready when the sulfur begins to magnetically attract to the spoon. After adding the sulfur to my bottle (regular plastic bottle you can get from any hair store w/ the red top), I then take a drop of cranberry fragrance oil, you can get this online or at bath and body works (a little will do the trick). I shake all the ingredients up, let it sit for an hour or two and then apply to my hair daily until the bottle runs out. A bottle usually lasts me two weeks and then I have to make some more. It's been a very cheap alternative for me and IT WORKS.

Natalie, how many oz of oil are you using? How long had you been using it before you noticed growth?

B

BabieD

Mook's hair said:
What section of CVS do you find the flowers of sulpher?

I got some today by calling around asking different pharmacies. Only one store in town had it, but some can order it for you

alexei

Ajargon02, bless you!!! :yay: :yay:
I am a college student & it aint easy to justify them stinky/expensive products. You just saved me alot of mula.
Thank you soo much for sharing this. I have used sulfer concoctions that worked to give me an inch per month but the smell would kill. :(
I have some black castor oil & Ultimate herbal oil by Africa's best. It has a sweet smell to it & an lhcfer 1x told me that it took away the sulfer smell.

bklynLadee

ajargon02 said:
STINK FREE SULPHER MIX

1 clear "ketchup" bottle
-wal-mart (.79)

1 bottle of hot 6 oil
-sally's (3.99)

Im sorry but I gotta know the specifics...how many oz is that ketchup bottle
How many oz is that Hot oil 6

and how much sulpher are u using?--Do you know what the percentage is? 5% 10%?

BrooklynSouth

Did anyone ever make their own yet?

Sure did:yep: I used 1 tblsp.F.O.S. from Penn Herb mixed with 4oz.Vatika Olive and 4oz.Dey's Keo-Karpin-shake, shake,shake!!!!!! No scalp nodules, no stink, no skin discoloration or irritation. Thick roots but I also use Frenchee, frequent overnight baggies with moisturizer{s} {Surge Ultra-Max starting September.}

Can you use any oil??
I have Sweet Almond, Castor, Olive, Coconut, and Kemi Oil laying around.
Can I just use one or a mixture of these?? (I don't like Hot 6 Oil anymore)
Do the ratios matter??