Can I relax my hair and henna IMMEDIATELY after?

MadisonK

I want to rinse my relaxer out and henna immediately afterwards. Is this ok? I was not going to let the dye release. Just mix henna with hot water and amla oil and put on while hair is wet. I might mix some yogurt with it.

Thanks for any feedback!

amwcah

Hi MadisonK~ I would wait until the next wash because Henna is a protein treatment. In addition, it makes your hair hard which I would fear my hair breaking off. I guess it really depends on the condition of your hair.

Bumping for my responses for you.;)

Last edited:

gymfreak336

I have never done it but on my hennalucent instructions it did say that it can be used directly after a relaxer. I actually prefer a little protien after my relaxers and I usually use duo tex or motions silk protien condtioner.

LaNecia

You absolutely can!! I'd HIGHLY recommend using a VERY moisturizing treatment after the henna though! I did this last week (without the moisturizing) and although it came out beautifully, my hair was moisture challenged for a few days.

I believe Softresses does this. She may have some notes in her journal on it.

The biggest things with Henna:

1: Don't foresake moisturizing/protein conditioning treatments
2: Use BODY ART QUALITY henna.

Best of luck!!

Vixx

MadisonK

Thanks Everyone!!! :D

I thought it would be a good idea since it's a protein treatment. Doesn't that STOP breakage? I think my hair lacks protein and that's why a lot of hair use to come out when I would comb it wet. This has decreased a lot after hennaing.

I will use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards too.

Thanks Again!

SplashAtl

What type of moisturizing treatment would you recommend?

Thanks!

VWVixxen said:
You absolutely can!! I'd HIGHLY recommend using a VERY moisturizing treatment after the henna though! I did this last week (without the moisturizing) and although it came out beautifully, my hair was moisture challenged for a few days.

I believe Softresses does this. She may have some notes in her journal on it.

Best of luck!!

Vixx

LaNecia

SplashAtl said:
What type of moisturizing treatment would you recommend?

Thanks!

I'm sorry, I'm just now seeing this!! :spank:

It depends on what your hair responds to! My hair likes NTM DDC and Hair mask with Castor Oil or Cholesterol and Castor Oil. Whatever I use, I try to make sure it has little if any protein in it and I just let it soak in with gentle heat. I've even had good success with Suave Milk and Honey Conditioner, Honey and Castor Oil.

What ever moisturizer you have that bounces your hairs moisture level back is what you'll want to use.

Softresses

Hi Ladies, yes you absolutely can use Body Art Quality Henna immediately after relaxing. I recommend putting a plastic cap over your hair and doing a strand test first if this is your first time using henna.

Also when I do mine I put the conditioner on and a heat cap, and let it sit for a while. I have not gotten hard or dry hair from henna but once and I had not rinsed it all out that time.

As far a conditioners go, on my last henna job I mixed the Cholesterol/olive oil conditioner and Fermodyl into my henna mix. I had run out of pectin and did not have any yogurt in the fridge. It worked beautiully. I ould still recommnend a deep moisturizing conditioner though, because that is protien on top of henna. It makes the hair extremely strong.

HTH

Softresses

Last edited:

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I did Saturday. I relaxed and then I did a henna treatment. I mixed my henna with VO5 conditioner, alma oil and a little coffee. After than I mixed ORS pack and Queen Helena Chostrol treatment and left on my hair for a couple of hours. My hair is so soft and shiny I love it.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
amwcah said:
Hi MadisonK~ I would wait until the next wash because Henna is a protein treatment.

Are you certain of this? I didn't think Henna was a protein treatment. However, to be sure, I would wait a week or so after a relaxer. I'll henna this coming weekend. Good luck!!!!!;)

jrae

VWVixxen said:

Exactly! I've done this and had great results. IMO, you can't overdo the moisture treatment after a henna treatment. My hair responds well to humectress and castor oil.