Cross wrap pic for neck length ladies

Cayenne0622

Its very easy. I use my fingers to put separate the hair down the middle and then I use my fingers to lightly comb the left side around to the right and then I do the same bringing the right side around to the left. My right side is crossed on the bottom and left side is crossed a little higher. Hope that explains it okay. And I hope this helps you NL ladies.
Hair.jpg

Cayenne0622

I really hope it helps some of the shorter length ladies!:)

Tet - my heart sinks everytime I see your hair!!! So fantastically beautiful!

Radianthealth

Cayenne Girl you are doing your thing!!!!!!!:D :D :D

I was looking at that thread thinking "Man I am never going to get how to do this!!"

When I come out of braids I am going to try this method. Thanks a lot!

If you have more pictures from different angles that would be great too:look:

Rainy

Thank you, Thank you! I recently chopped off a few inches of my hair. The ends are thin and ragged. So, now I am back to shoulder length. It's frustrating, but it's a journey.

Anyway, I've NEVER been able to wrap my hair. So, when it was longer, I'd loosely place a ponytail at the top of my hair. If needed, I could place a roller or two up there for curls/body, but mainly just to keep the flat iron smooth. Of course, with THIN shoulder length hair that won't work, so the cross wrap is the answer.

Everytime I make my way back to LHCF I learn A LOT.

Rainy

preciousjewel76

Thanks for posting this! I tried this (and a whole-head baggy/scarf combo) last night after reading Darkempress's thread. I did mine the same way as you, but yours is MUCH neater.:lol: My ends were crinkly from wearing an updo all day, so they wouldn't lay down like yours. My hair looked really nice this morning, though, so I'll keep practicing.

BTW, your hair is looking lovely, Cayenne!:)

Cayenne0622

AlexB7 said:
Thanks!

I sort of get it. Do you cross one side towards the front and the other towards the back?

Hey Alex - its basically as if you had all of your hair combed back and split it down the middle. You have the left side and the right side. And you pretty much just cross them over each other. So your hair crisscrosses in the back. I'll see if I can find Khadi B's post about it with the link to her fotki. She has really good detailed pics even though her hair is longer.

Cayenne0622

Awww..your welcome ladies!! I feel so happy to be able to contribute to the cause. ;) I have gotten so much from the ladies on this board and I get excited when I can actually be the one to help instead of always asking for help....though I won't hesitate to ask. hehehe

Trimbride...thanks so much. Don't think I'm not keeping up with your progress too. I got my eyes on your lovely strands. Keep up the good work. :grin:

Thanks Precious J!!! 'Preciate it, lady!

EJ - my regimen has gotten so simple. I was LHCF crazy when I first started and my hair paid the price! lol Now, I simply shampoo my hair once or twice a week. Deep condition every time I wash my hair. Lightly moisturize twice a day. Bun my hair 99% of the time...my fake bun pic is in another thread floating around. I just started doing a full head baggy on my hair every night. Oh, and I henna once or twice a month.
Products:
Shampoo
Elasta QP shampoo for relaxed hair
Motions moisturizing shampoo
Kenra (when I need to clarify)
Conditioners
Elasta QP DPR 11
Elasta QP Intensive Moisture
Motions Moisture Plus
Lustrasilk Shea Butter Mango Cholesterol
NTM (for extra slip after I do henna)
Daily Moisturizers
Aveda USC
B&B with Castor Oil
Elasta QP Oil Recovery Moisturizer
Qhemet Honey Olive Oil or their heavy cream

Jamila Henna

P.S. I also incorporate Honey and evoo to my conditioners. I relax my hair with Designers Touch Mild.

Last edited:

Cayenne0622

*Bre~Bre* said:
Thanks 4 the pic and instructions. Do u have a photo of what it looks like when u take it down?

Bre - I don't have any pics because as soon as I take it down I bun it but it looks like I wrapped my hair the normal way when I take it down. I just don't wear it down. On one of my frisky and free days (special occasion) I'll wear my hair down and post pics after I've crosswrapped.

dillard

thanx for the pic. that really helps!!!

edited to add: here are my results. my hair was very curly when i did the cross wrap because i had a rollerset.

Attachments

• may24crosswrapback-vi.jpg
    may24crosswrapback-vi.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Bumping for other short haired ladies who may be interested.

I'm off until the 5th of January so I am going to play around with this since I don't have any where to really go.

tonia682

Its almost midnight i have to be up and out but 7:30 and I have 30% damp hair. I was gonna try to wrap it the reg way when I remembered the cross wrap. Thanx for the explaination!

AllieCat0817

I just got a relaxer touch up on Tues. (roller set/regular wrap). That night I wrapped my hair the old way and OMG the spot where the part was was KILLING ME, instantly. Did some googling and found out @ cross-wrapping (mostly from LHCF threads). I was skeptical that it'd work because my hair is not chin length yet but longer than my ears. I put two rollers in the crown for fullness and crosswrapped the rest. Turned out AWESOME! I put a little Sabino Moisture Block spread throughout. On the hair with the two rollers I put some SheScentIt Coco Creme Leave In conditioner (GREAT idea).

Pix to come if I can figger out how to load em

Last edited: