Has anyone tried nara hair oil

brandy

I did a google search on Indian hair oils and came upon a website that claims that this oil made with indian herbs could grow hair fast, prevent hair loss/falling and darken the hair.
Has anyone used it or heard about it?

Nanyanika

its okay found the link its really interesting..the tesimonials souds too good to be true. thanks for sharing.

http://grow-long-hair-fast.com/testimonial.html

i pulled this info off

Nara hair oil is the Only all natural hair product on the market that will do following:

Grow longer thicker hair (up to an inch a month)
Prevent bad hair days
Give you silkier more manageable hair
Prevent dandruff/psoriasis
Stop itches
Acts as a natural hot oil and conditioner
Act as a mild gel

And it is all natural! No corrosive chemicals, no additives just proven herbs that have been proven by Harvard and University of India to grow more hair!5000 years of Growing long beautiful hair is great Testimony enough.

Ingredients

Secret Ingredient 1

Known in India as the miracle fruit, 5000 year old Indian myth states that it was the nectar of the gods-because of the way it magically makes hair grow thicker, stronger and more manageable, hundreds of studies have proven this ultra powerful herb to: be!

• It is a powerful antifungal; this oil is study-proven to completely eliminate dandruff and psoriasis. In a recent study, 64% of women who had psoriasis on their scalp were cured in just 2 weeks!

• It instantly penetrates the cuticle and fills it out so that you will never get hair that is frizzy and out of control!

• Moisturizes and hydrates the hair which adds volume and more lift to your hair without excessive use of expensive hair products…

• Volumizes hair naturally adding body and holds any hair style in place without excessive expensive chemical hair treatments

• Restores total shine and manageability without chemicals leaving the hair soft and renewed

• Provides nourishment to hair roots, improve blood circulation in the scalp and will Instantly stop premature graying and hair loss (you will the hair of a child-soft , silky and healthy)

Secret Ingredient 2
His herb is derived from a northern Indian Herb that only grows in the Brahimi plateau some 14,000 feet above sea level! It also takes 5 years to mature, which explains why natives value this magic hair growth herb more than Gold! Maharajas (Indian kings) had exclusive rights over this herb for over 5000 years because of its undeniable ability to grow more hair and retain youthful vibrant more manageable hair! And it does miracles for the hair such as:

• Returns the scalps natural oil production (sebrum) to normal so that you can have beautiful manageable hair…(say bye to bad hair days for good)

• Gives fullness to fine hair and prevents dandruff and hair loss ( get gorgeous lustrous hair with bounce)

• Study proven to stimulate blood flow to the hair follicles allowing you to grow up to 3 inches of hair a month! (grow hair as fast as nature intended)
• It naturally strips your hair of the dirt and debris, thereby leaving your hair softer and more manageable (you will never have to deal with messy out of place hair)

• It has a host of antibacterial and antifungal that stops the growth of bacteria and fungus in your scalp…)the results is beautiful flawless hair that always smells lovely and refreshing all day long).

• Acts as a powerful detangler and leave in conditioner, so you won’t have to brush your hair when wet and damage it (makes coarse hair shiny and gives fine hair plenty of bounce)

• provides exceptional shine and damage protection to your hair

• Enriches the natural color of your hair without damaging the structure of the hair (so you will never experience hair damage or frizzy hair)

Secret Ingredient 3

Considered by The south brahimi girls to be a precious gift from the gods to man, it has the highest vitamin c content known to man, a single bud of this leaf has 100 times more vitamin c than a grapefruit…it is not only detoxifies the blood in your scalp, it also stimulates hair growth, whiles enriching the thickness of your hair! The oil of this fruit has the richness of 15 super powerful nutrients and vitamins that have been traditionally been acclaimed for their beneficial effects for giving you long, lustrous, healthy air… it has the following hair benefits:

• Gives you silky “run your fingers through my hair with ease” feel and texture…also tames flyaway hair!(get all day frizz control)

• Quickly Reverses the effects of aging on the skin and scalp (blast away graying and an signs of an aging scalp)

• Its ultra powerful natural moisturizer locks just the right amount of moisturizer into your hair which instantly stops humidity from zapping the volume and flattening your hair do. (You will never struggle with getting volume— and keeping it — on your hair ever again)

• It has powerful natural scalp circulatory effects –that instantly increases blood circulation to your hair follicles and allows your hair to grow as nature intended it to (get an easy 2-3 inches of easy hair growth a month)

• Nourishes your hair instantly increasing its elasticity and shine (experience 93.4% less damage in just 2 weeks of use)

• It naturally Darkens growing hair-so you will easily get rid of that dull flat old look you seem to be stuck with… and get saloon quality hair that will make you look like you just come out of the a saloon.
• It has a host of anti-oxidants like vitamin A, D, E and K that encourages the growth of healthy, thicker and glossier hair bullet proofing your hair from free radical and environmental damage

•Has been study proven to increase hair bulk, thickness and the length of your hair (plumps up strands fine hair strands without weighing them down)

• Strengthens your hair roots and promotes long luxurious and healthy hair growth.

• Acts as a natural hair thickener and an emollient.(so you will have thick, bouncy hair without using chemical hair treatments)

• It not only protects your hair against harmful hot blow drying, the sun and other harsh elements but it will actually condition and beautify your hair in the process.

• It's formulated to penetrate the hair shaft and replenish your hair's natural moisture (so you can add life to damaged hair and you’ll always have healthy , shinny flowing hair no matter how hostile the environment).

• It also instantly hydrates and improves the condition of damaged, color treated or processed hair without weighing it down.

And there you have it, just 3 of the 17 natural ingredients that work magic on your hair.

Order now by using the order button below

Nanyanika

there is no way, i'd pay so much money for oil, the products sounds very similar to dabur amla oil

SohoHair

This sounds like an oil with amla, brahmi, shikkai and other stuff... a.k.a. Vatika oil. I will just keep using that and save my money!:look:

brandy

Hi Den1
Sorry about that I was running late picking my daughter up from school.
Yes, the testimonials sounded a bit too good. The secret ingredients do sound
like Amla, neem, and brahmi with other stuff as well.
The price of the product sounds quite outrageous (sp)! I think I will give Vatika oil a try.

alwayzalady22

yeah, it's sounding like "secret" ingredient 1 is neem oil and "secret" ingredient 2 is amla oil...i bought some amla and vatika oil today and tried it just now, and i think i'm in love...and it didn't cost nowhere NEAR what these folks is chargin for this nara oil...

sareca

VWVixxen said:
Hmmmph, I'm off to do some research...be back later with results. :mad:

I don't want to hear about whatever you find out. :mad: ... *folds arms in a huff*... ok, yes I do. :ohwell:

alwayzalady22

i believe they're charging $70 (yes, u read that correctly) for an oil that all of us could whip up for less than $15....:cool:

Nanyanika

alwayzalady22 said:
i believe they're charging $70 (yes, u read that correctly) for an oil that all of us could whip up for less than $15....:cool:
bloody outrageous!! isn't it?

LaNecia

This is gonna take a bit to find out but some of the stuff they mention are the basics already posted here:

*Amla <In Vatika Oil>
*Bhringraj
*Bhrami <In Vatika Oil>
*Neem (stinks to high heaven and back down again) <In Vatika Oil>

Probables:
*Henna <In Vatika Oil>
*Til (Sesame Oil)
*Lemon oil <In Vatika Oil>
*Coconut oil <In Vatika Oil>

I'll keep after it and get back later.

More Info as I find it:

Possibles:

Kachur Sugandhi (Kaempferia Galanga)
Kachur Sugandhi is diuretic, carminative, stimulant and expectorant. It contains alkaloid starch with fragrant liquid essential oil. It is generally used in perfumery but it most important use is in the hair care. It stimulates hair growth, prevents loss of hair, treats dandruff, lice and many other scalp disorders. It is popularly used as a hair wash. It is also known for treating cough

Jaswand (Hibiscus Rosa Sinensis)
Jaswand is a refigerant, emollient, demulcent and aphrodisiac. It stimulates hairgrowth and hair thickness. Hibiscus helps in the reduction and prevention of graying, balding, hair-loss, dandruff, split-ends, and many scalp disorders. It is also an excellent natural conditioner.

Motia Rosha Oil
Motia Rosha is a very stimulating oil for scalp. It is widely used in hair treatments because it stimulates the germinal layer and pigment cells of hair. It helps hair growth, treats and prevents grey hair, dandruff, split ends and imparts healthy glow to hair. It is also a very important ingredient in the preparation of hair and scalp oils.

Nagarmotha (Cyperus Rotundus)Nagarmotha contains pinenes and cineole. It is a neutral waxy substance and is used as a hair wash and treating hair and scalp disorders. It dilates the small capillary and acts on the sebaceous glands at the hair root and stimulates them. It has been in use for centuries for anointing body. It is also widely used for skincare, loose motions, excessive thirst and for reducing swellings.

*Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) <In Vatika Oil>
Rosemary oil is used for cleansing skin, treating hair fall, dandruff, mental fatigue, headaches and migraine. It is also known for strengthening memory and relieve lymphatic congestion. Rosemary oil is a tonic, astringent, diaphoretic, stimulant. It has the carminative properties of other volatile oils and is an excellent stomachic and nervine, curing many cases of headache. It is employed principally, externally, as spiritus Rosmarini , in hair-lotions, for its odour and effect in stimulating the hair-bulbs to renewed activity and preventing premature baldness. An infusion of the dried plant (both leaves and flowers) combined with borax and used when cold, makes one of the best hairwashes known. It forms an effectual remedy for the prevention of scurf and dandruff. Rosemary is also one of the ingredients used in the preparation of Eau-de-Cologne.

Ylang Ylang (Canaga odorata var genuina)
Ylang Ylang oil is used to relive anxiety, depression, insomnia and tension. For skin treatments it is used to balance moisture content and reduce oiliness on skin. In Aromatherapy ylang-ylang is one of the most relaxing fragrances to both mind and body. It also slightly lowers blood pressure and servers as a natural antidepressant. However, studies show that the scent is both stimulating and relaxing to brain waves, and also is known for it aphrodisiac properties. Like many natural remedies, it seems to energize or relax one, depending upon the individual's needs. Use it in a bath or massage oil or simply sniff it when you need to feel lively or when you experience insomnia. It balances oil production when used as a hair conditioner, and people in the Philippines and tropical Asia use it to protect their hair from the damages of swimming in salt water. It's good for all skin types, but especially those with combination skin. An evening bath with ylang-ylang oil helps chase away daily tensions and restore calm and balance. Ylang-ylang is very effective when applied before shampooing to treat split ends.

Seems like the ingredient listings on certain products are very hard to find but there are some that are VERY consistent in Ayurveda when it comes to hair growth, controlling hair fall, shine and strength. I've put asterisks by those ingredients.

HHG Ladies

Last edited:

LocksOfLuV

VWVixxen said:
This is gonna take a bit to find out but some of the stuff they mention are the basics already posted here:

*Amla <In Vatika Oil>
*Bhringraj
*Bhrami <In Vatika Oil>

Probables:
*Henna
*Til (Sesame Oil)

More Info as I find it:

Possibles:

Kachur Sugandhi is diuretic, carminative, stimulant and expectorant. It contains alkaloid starch with fragrant liquid essential oil. It is generally used in perfumery but it most important use is in the hair care. It stimulates hair growth, prevents loss of hair, treats dandruff, lice and many other scalp disorders. It is popularly used as a hair wash. It is also known for treating cough

Jaswand is a refigerant, emollient, demulcent and aphrodisiac. It stimulates hairgrowth and hair thickness. Hibiscus helps in the reduction and prevention of graying, balding, hair-loss, dandruff, split-ends, and many scalp disorders. It is also an excellent natural conditioner.

Motia Rosha Oil
Motia Rosha is a very stimulating oil for scalp. It is widely used in hair treatments because it stimulates the germinal layer and pigment cells of hair. It helps hair growth, treats and prevents grey hair, dandruff, split ends and imparts healthy glow to hair. It is also a very important ingredient in the preparation of hair and scalp oils.

Nagarmotha (Cyperus Rotundus)Nagarmotha contains pinenes and cineole. It is a neutral waxy substance and is used as a hair wash and treating hair and scalp disorders. It dilates the small capillary and acts on the sebaceous glands at the hair root and stimulates them. It has been in use for centuries for anointing body. It is also widely used for skincare, loose motions, excessive thirst and for reducing swellings.

Rosemary oil is used for cleansing skin, treating hair fall, dandruff, mental fatigue, headaches and migraine. It is also known for strengthening memory and relieve lymphatic congestion. Rosemary oil is a tonic, astringent, diaphoretic, stimulant. It has the carminative properties of other volatile oils and is an excellent stomachic and nervine, curing many cases of headache. It is employed principally, externally, as spiritus Rosmarini , in hair-lotions, for its odour and effect in stimulating the hair-bulbs to renewed activity and preventing premature baldness. An infusion of the dried plant (both leaves and flowers) combined with borax and used when cold, makes one of the best hairwashes known. It forms an effectual remedy for the prevention of scurf and dandruff. Rosemary is also one of the ingredients used in the preparation of Eau-de-Cologne.

Ylang Ylang oil is used to relive anxiety, depression, insomnia and tension. For skin treatments it is used to balance moisture content and reduce oiliness on skin. In Aromatherapy ylang-ylang is one of the most relaxing fragrances to both mind and body. It also slightly lowers blood pressure and servers as a natural antidepressant. However, studies show that the scent is both stimulating and relaxing to brain waves, and also is known for it aphrodisiac properties. Like many natural remedies, it seems to energize or relax one, depending upon the individual's needs. Use it in a bath or massage oil or simply sniff it when you need to feel lively or when you experience insomnia. It balances oil production when used as a hair conditioner, and people in the Philippines and tropical Asia use it to protect their hair from the damages of swimming in salt water. It's good for all skin types, but especially those with combination skin. An evening bath with ylang-ylang oil helps chase away daily tensions and restore calm and balance. Ylang-ylang is very effective when applied before shampooing to treat split ends.

Seems like the ingredient listings on certain products are very hard to find but there are some that are VERY consistent in Ayurveda when it comes to hair growth, controlling hair fall, shine and strength. I've put asterisks by those ingredients.

HHG Ladies

Damn girl you weren't playin!:eek:

Nice & Wavy

Now...let me see if I can find something that VWVixxen can go and research for me....girl, I thought I was good...you got me beat!!! :D

brandy

alwayzalady22 said:
yeah, it's sounding like "secret" ingredient 1 is neem oil and "secret" ingredient 2 is amla oil...i bought some amla and vatika oil today and tried it just now, and i think i'm in love...and it didn't cost nowhere NEAR what these folks is chargin for this nara oil...

Hi alwayzalady22,
I understand you are in London right? Where did you buy these products? Please let me know.

brandy

VWVixxen said:

*Amla <In Vatika Oil>
*Bhringraj
*Bhrami <In Vatika Oil>

Probables:
*Henna
*Til (Sesame Oil)

More Info as I find it:

Possibles:

Motia Rosha Oil

HHG Ladies

Wow!!
You are very good at researching! Thank you very much for going this far. I think I am just going to buy Vatika hair oil and mix some of the other missing stuff (shikakai, bhringraj, anoop etc).

LaNecia

@ SohoHair : Thanks for adding that! I don't have my bottle anymore, the contents have been added to my Boundless Tresses by NaturalLady. (Editing my other post)

I'm still looking on where we can get henna extract as I keep seeing that pop up in ingredients lists. :scratchch

@ Brandy: You're welcome!!

:lol: @ Nice & Wavy

SparklingFlame

VW let me get this strait. This Vatika oil that I have seen mentioned so often on this board helps the hair grow faster? :scratchch Well if that indeed is the case I'll be making a trip to the Indian store and I'll be adding this Vatika oil to my BT ASAP!! :lol:

LaNecia

naturallady said:
VW let me get this strait. This Vatika oil that I have seen mentioned so often on this board helps the hair grow faster? :scratchch Well if that indeed is the case I'll be making a trip to the Indian store and I'll be adding this Vatika oil to my BT ASAP!! :lol:

Now, I'm NOT saying that Vatika oils GROWS hair as it's not advertised as such but some of the same ingredients are also in other Indian Growth oils and if you read up on the individual ingredients, they are known growth stimulators.

Oh, and I did just what you are going to do with the Vatika oil!! :lol: It's a nice blend! I'm in search of some Capsicum Oil to make my mixture complete!! :brainy:

imstush

Sounds cool, but I still have my bottle of Vatika oil. Not to mention, unfortunately I need to find an Indian store ASAP...no more online purchases....someone got a hold of my c/c number and used it at two different Indian Cell Phone carriers without my permission and racked up $500 bucks.

SparklingFlame

VWVixxen said:
Now, I'm NOT saying that Vatika oils GROWS hair as it's not advertised as such but some of the same ingredients are also in other Indian Growth oils and if you read up on the individual ingredients, they are known growth stimulators.

Oh, and I did just what you are going to do with the Vatika oil!! :lol: It's a nice blend! I'm in search of some Capsicum Oil to make my mixture complete!! :brainy:
Thanks! So tell me...how much does this oil normally go for at the Indian store?

kweenameena

naturallady said:
Thanks! So tell me...how much does this oil normally go for at the Indian store?

I bought mine for about $3.00

BTW, Naturallady, now don't go changing your formula because the PJ in me is gonna rear it's ugly head and make me purchase a bottle of the new formula. That's not gonna be good. :look:

:lachen:

SparklingFlame

kweenameena said:
I bought mine for about $3.00

BTW, Naturallady, now don't go changing your formula because the PJ in me is gonna rear it's ugly head and make me purchase a bottle of the new formula. That's not gonna be good. :look:

:lachen:
Oh no! I was going to experiment with the Vatika oil on my own head. Nah....I'll keep the formula the same! :lachen:

How does this oil stink? I dont think I can stomach putting a stinking oil on my head. Had enough of that while I used MTG!

Last edited:

LaNecia

Mine was about $3.99 for a small bottle. It doesn't really stink (not to me anyway), it does have scent thought the first whiff you get is of lemon.

I prefer it as a scalp oil than a hair oil.