High Protein 3 month Challengers Check-in!!!!

WhipEffectz1

Well, today is the 1st and here is what I've consumed thus far:

1 16 oz. Whey Protein Isolate (triple scooped, approxminately 25gs per scoop)

Now I'm about to hit the gym. Don't forget to post what you've consumed and how much for the day.

Last edited:

preciousjewel76

I can't post a starting pic because I'm on the Hide Your Hair Challenge (among others:look: ), but the one in my siggy is from December.

Anyhoo, here's my protein thus far today:

Breakfast:
Scoop of Jay Robb whey protein (vanilla) - 24 g protein

Lunch:
Serving of leftover chicken with broccoli - not sure of the protein count!

Not sure what I'm having for dinner...I might heat up some edamame and have a baked potato with it.

xxxxcherishxxxx

Ok so far I've had a 3 egg omelet (egg beaters), with veggies and reduced fat cheese.

A yogurt parfait from Mcdonalds I added a scoop of protein powder 20g into it.

A lean pocket with watermelon.

And for dinner I'm going for lebanese food so I will be having fatoush salad (the best salad ever) and tabouli (cracked wheat and bulgur salad).

If your on a diet and there happens to be a Mediterranean or Lebanese restaurant near you try it. Very healthy with all the beans, and veggies they add to food. Plus they use only olive oil.

Jay

I had my protein shake today, which is 23g per scoop. I did a scoop and a half so I got about 30+ grams. For lunch I had some chicken and rice.

Keen

I'm starting Monday. I'm coming of the Master cleanse and I have to be careful what I consume until I'm totally off.

adw425

This challenge for me also coincides with the Sweet Success challenge, which I am just really getting serious about today, and my personal low-carb, sensible (meaning really also watching how much fat I consume) high protein diet for weight loss.

I had three boiled eggs for breakfast -- whites only. Two cups of tea without sugar or honey...I thought I would struggle through one cup of tea, but it really was not at all bad, so I had another...I had chicken and broccoli for lunch and salmon salad as a snack. I did not really count my protein grams because I got totally absorbed (and got no work done, smile) in the thread with 440+ responses. I am having grilled shrimp for dinner with a baby lettuce salad.

Last edited:

WhipEffectz1

xxxxcherishxxxx said:
Ok so far I've had a 3 egg omelet (egg beaters), with veggies and reduced fat cheese.

A yogurt parfait from Mcdonalds I added a scoop of protein powder 20g into it.

A lean pocket with watermelon.

And for dinner I'm going for lebanese food so I will be having fatoush salad (the best salad ever) and tabouli (cracked wheat and bulgur salad).

If your on a diet and there happens to be a Mediterranean or Lebanese restaurant near you try it. Very healthy with all the beans, and veggies they add to food. Plus they use only olive oil.

Yea, I love Greek and Lebanese food. You are so right about it being very healthy especially those salads!

jaded_faerie

current length: 2inches

Only 62grams consumed so far, since i do not have my protein shakes...

cereal 12gs
two boiled eggs 13g
one and a half cup of rice 6g
baken chicken 8g
mixed veggies 8g
mozarella cheese stick 7g
handful of almonds 8g

Will consume tonight
2 more eggs 13g
two slices of honey ham 10g

Will leave me 15g under....ill see if i can squeeze a can of tuna later

Last edited:

glamazon386

I've been doing good this week!! Well with the exception of today. I didn't eat much today...

Today

Breakfast
Yogurt - 5g

Lunch
4 chicken wings and fries - IDK how many grams

Dinner
Cheeseburger - 34g
Chili - 17g

Other stuff
12 oz glass of milk - 12g
2 eggs - 12 g
peanuts - 6g

So far thats 68 not including the chicken. I think I'm good. I'm probably not done eating for the night though...

ETA: Looking at you ladies lists is showing me some other food options for protein. I didn't even think about cereal...

Last edited:

WhipEffectz1

I just ate a 10oz can of tuna...out the can:ohwell: I think I will have an egg that been boiling for the longest then thats it for today. As far as today goes, I think I have managed to take in a little over 100gs.

ravenmerlita

For breakfast -- Advocare protein shake -- 24 g of protein

For tomorrow, I am going to try to add another shake later in the day.

bbmatl

today i had

2 protein shakes: AM & PM - just 15g each
chicken for lunch and dinner - dont know how much protein

i def need to get a shake that has much more protein. im gonna try Lean Body it has 40grams per shake! so that will help alot. im also gonna add eggs to my diet.

Today I had a double scoop of precision whey protein shake for breakfast about 18g x 2 scoops =36g with 8oz of skim milk

lunch I had 1 1/2 cup of pasta salad with 1 liter of water

Dinner bake fish and wild rice with water

MonaRae

Breakfast
Carrot Juice - 2 gm
2 Eggs - 12 gm
5 Turkey Bacon - 10 gm

Lunch
Grapefruit Juice - 2 gm
Protein Macaroni Salad - 45 gm

Dinner
Protein (Whey) Drink w/ Soy Milk - 26 gm

Today's Total = 97

MonaRae

MiWay

Yesterday I had a protein shake, a peanut granola bar, and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on wheat bread.

Today I've had a protein shake so far. I'll have to remind myself to look at the amount of protein when I take this stuff so I can accurately report.

ETA: PB&J is 8 grams, the peanut granola bar is 4 grams and the Spirutein shake is 14 grams... So I guess I need to work on increasing my dosage.

Last edited:

glamazon386

Today I had so far

Burrito Bowl w/ Carnitas from Chipotle - 44 g

Steamed milk w/ almond shot from Caribou Coffee - IDK

I didn't eat breakfast and missed my yogurt. I'll make up for the rest with dinner. IDK what I'm cooking yet.

WhipEffectz1

2/2/07

I didn't eat that much today. I had a another 10oz tuna(raw):eek: but this time with bread. I also ate some fruits and downed a protein shake or two. Again, I took in
a little over 100gs. I am so serious about this. :armyhat:

texasgrl

The last week my menu has looked like this:D

Breakfast 2-3 eggs 12-18 g
Lunck 1/2 can tuna 12 g
Dinner 2 pcs fish 46 g
Twinlad Amino Acid 15 g
Large glass of milk 8 g

= 73-79 g daily
My Target is 63 so I just want to go over:grin: .

glamazon386

So far today:

1 string cheese - 6g
2 egg omelet w/ cheese 12g
1 glass of milk - 12g
handful of pepperonis - 5g
2 slices of pizza - 30g

Last edited:

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
Question for all of you: how much water are you drinking while you're on this challenge? Excessive protein can mess up your kidneys...

On that note, I want to try to up my protein intake, but it's so hard for me to remember to drink enough water.

glamazon386

bklynwildheart said:
Question for all of you: how much water are you drinking while you're on this challenge? Excessive protein can mess up your kidneys...

On that note, I want to try to up my protein intake, but it's so hard for me to remember to drink enough water.

Well most american's diets have too much protein in them anyway. I think we're used to it by now. But I'm working on drinking more water myself just because I know I need to. I don't drink a set amount a day though.

WhipEffectz1

Hey everyone. What have you all being eating? I pretty much eat the same everyday(raw tuna with salad, fruits, veggies) with the exception of last nite when I had some good ol Popeyes Chicken.

So as of today, I've consumed the following:

2 pieces of chicken-honestly dont know how many grams

2 boiled eggs-13g

2 protein shakes-80g

Total including the chicken is somewhere around 100gs.

WhipEffectz1

bklynwildheart said:

Ive read up on this and have taken heed to it. However, since I've gave up sodas and most sugary drinks, I have no problem drinking water to ease my thirst. Its amazing what I will drink when there's nothing else in the fridge to drink. I also workout so I need protein for that also. Hope you find something that works for you dear. Sooooo, how is Mr. Marcus doing? Tell him I said, "hello!" lol!

glamazon386

So far today...

yogurt 5g
string cheese 6g

WhipEffectz - a lot of fast food places have the nutrition info posted on their websites so you could check there for protein content when you eat out if you'd like. :)

Also, is anybody elses scalp really itchy since starting this challenge?

preciousjewel76

bmoreflyygirl said:
So far today...

yogurt 5g
string cheese 6g

WhipEffectz - a lot of fast food places have the nutrition info posted on their websites so you could check there for protein content when you eat out if you'd like. :)

Also, is anybody elses scalp really itchy since starting this challenge?

Nope...but that might just mean you're having a growth spurt!:D

Today's intake:

Breakfast: Whey protein/fruit drink - approx. 20 g
Lunch: Protein bar & salad - approx. 20g
Dinner: Veggie omelet - ?
Snack: Almonds, maybe a small whey protein drink

I hope that gets me right around 80 grams or so for the day....