High Protein 3 Month Challenge.....Any takers?

WhipEffectz1

I've acheived myriad success with eating eggs, drinking protein shakes, and occassional cans of tuna. I attribute it to the thickness of my hair, which I had been working on for some time. Imo, there's nothing like a healthy thick head of hair which has been one of my goals more than length. So.....now that I have the health I want, I am on a quest for length. I already take protein from time to time but I just want to make it an everyday thing. Any takers??????

I also think we should take before and after pictures as I strongly believe in documenting progress because a picture is worth a million words. My starting pic is in my siggy. I am aiming for 3-4 inches during a 3 month span. This is not for the faint at heart. I'm on a mission!!!!!!

The challenge will start on February 1st and commence on May 1. Also, you can post what you have consumed on a daily basis.

**** Here a link to calculate your daily minimum protein intake. www.healthcalculators.org/calculators/protein.asp***

Last edited:

Hidden_Angel

GIRRRLL trusta nd belive that hair well go WITH A high protain deit!
I went on a one month high protain with vitmans and it grew out my head like a weed!

I'm in! :)

adw425

Right when I discovered LHCF as a lurker in May 2005, I read some threads on high protein and hair growth and I did it for two months and both of those months, I did get an inch a month. I ate alot of egg whites and salmon, did protein shakes, etc. I cut calories and carbs, too. I haven't done it since and I've never again gotten an inch a month. Actually, I was just getting ready to do this again for my body, not my hair, because I have had a lot of success losing weight on a low carb, sensible high protein, diet. I guess, I will join you.

PrincessDiva

I'm also a believer, so I'm in too! I get a relaxer next week after a 20 week stretch so I'll post my beginning pics then. ** Ladies don't forget to drink lots of water and/or supplement with digestive enzymes . ** I'm excited because I know this works!

P

patient1

If you want to add some variety to the tuna intake, Trader Joe's has these little packets of Indian food two of which contain tuna. One has a yellow curry with potatoes and the other has red curry. They're both good but the yellow is my fave. No refrigeration necessary. Just open, put on a plate and heat (or not I guess...)

I like to heat up the yellow tuna with a handful of fresh spinach but I'm sure it's great with rice.

I'm going to start having a light protein shake when I feel the urge to snack at night and don't feel like having salad.

p1

WhipEffectz1

patient1 said:
I'm going to start having a light protein shake when I feel the urge to snack at night and don't feel like having salad.

p1

That's a great idea!!!! I will try this too because I have to fight the munchies sometimes! I am glad we have people willing to do the challenge!

brickhouse

I am in. When I was doing the Atkins my hair grew long and healthy. It was so pretty and shiny. I need to start again anyway to lose weight. Feb 1st sounds good to me.

adw425

PrincessDiva said:
I'm also a believer, so I'm in too! I get a relaxer next week after a 20 week stretch so I'll post my beginning pics then. ** Ladies don't forget to drink lots of water and/or supplement with digestive enzymes . ** I'm excited because I know this works!

I have a big bottle of digestive enzymes. I don't usually take them when I eat turkey or chicken or salmon, but I ALWAYS take them when I eat any kind of beef, which is not that often. I have to remember to take them daily.

ONAMSHN

Count me in too!!! My hair got a serious trim earlier this month, so I want to gain that back and MORE!!

WhipEffectz1

jaded_faerie said:
Im in. This seems like a great challenge....is there a minimum amount of protein we should be consuming daily??

I was reading in another thread that its suppose to be 1g for every pound you weigh. I am going to make sure so I am off to do some research!

Your hair is soooooooo pretty! I'm in. The first of the year was my challenge was not to eat no meat, So far I have been eating just eggs, fish, and an thing green fruit, carrot juice once a day. I'm 3 weeks post and have new growth already! My next step is a daily journal and then starting walking. I a newbie and need help loading pictures!!!:confused:

kally

Count me in. I plan to eat a bolied egg for breakfast, chicken for lunch and fish for dinner and snack on raw nuts.

I wish I could drink shakes but I get sick to my stomach when I drink them.

WhipEffectz1

Sunnyinthewindycity said:
Your hair is soooooooo pretty! I'm in. The first of the year was my challenge was not to eat no meat, So far I have been eating just eggs, fish, and an thing green fruit, carrot juice once a day. I'm 3 weeks post and have new growth already! My next step is a daily journal and then starting walking. I a newbie and need help loading pictures!!!:confused:

Hi!
You can use an image hosting site such as picturetrail or photobucket. You can then get an image url from from them which you will use on here to post your pics. hth!

Cbgo

I know I am a newbie but count me in. My hair grew over 5 inches after a high protein diet. My hair had been the same length since it was cut over 25 years ago. I was never able to get it grow and I spent a long time after my diet trying to figure out why it started growing again and then I lurked on this and another board and found out that it was probably my diet. So I am in. :)

Hair Iam

Hi,:) count me in
I started eating wild salmon 2 times per week
Kelp soup
Maternal vits
Chicken breast
2 eggs per day
Kidney beans 2 times 2 times per week
Tuna for lunch

1st sounds good to me.
I need this for my length
Weight loss
And to thicken my hair :D

WhipEffectz1

Here's a link to calculate the minimum amount of protein you need.
www.healthcalculators.org/calculators/protein.asp

jrae

Ooh, I'm in! I'm doing this anyway but it'll be nice to have company.

patient1 said:
If you want to add some variety to the tuna intake, Trader Joe's has these little packets of Indian food two of which contain tuna. One has a yellow curry with potatoes and the other has red curry. They're both good but the yellow is my fave. No refrigeration necessary. Just open, put on a plate and heat (or not I guess...)

I like to heat up the yellow tuna with a handful of fresh spinach but I'm sure it's great with rice.

p1

Thanks for this patient1! Can't wait to try it.

seraphinelle

I'm in.

How does this affect weight loss?

I can't eat fish, (I'm allergic) but I was going to go on a low carb diet anyway.

seraphinelle

Ayeshia said:
eggs have betten 6-10g of protein each on the grade and size of the eggs

Thanks!

So I'm going to be real gassy, LOL.

I was going to eat more fibre too... Hmm... high fibre and protein, I think I'm going to start carrying around a spray can of lysol.

:lachen:

jaded_faerie

According to that website i need a minimum of 74grams daily...hmm, maybe ill do a minimum of 100grams daily and see what my results are like.

WhipEffectz1

jaded_faerie said:
According to that website i need a minimum of 74grams daily...hmm, maybe ill do a minimum of 100grams daily and see what my results are like.

This is what I've always aimed for (my minimum intake between 100-120).