Texter who?

tatje

I never heard the words texterlaxed and texterized and whatever else unti I came to this board. I only knew of relaxed and natural. Can anyone explain to me what these are and what is the difference in each one, and whether one is healthier than the other. Thanks

dlewis

tatje said:
I never heard the words texterlaxed and texterized and whatever else unti I came to this board. I only knew of relaxed and natural. Can anyone explain to me what these are and what is the difference in each one, and whether one is healthier than the other. Thanks

Both word mean the same. It's a process where you use a relaxer to slightly relax the curl pattern but not get the hair bone straight.

I'm texlaxed

tatje

Do you relax and immediately rinse it out? Is this healthier? I don't really understand because if it doesn't stay on as long isn't that just being underprocess? I'm confused.:perplexed

SohoHair

Texlax is a term many ladies have come up with to describe lightly relaxing your hair. Instead of the typical 20-25 minutes that a normal relaxer calls for, many ladies are leaving the relaxer on for only 7-15 minutes or adding oils/conditioners to make the relaxer process slower, or instead just using a very mild relaxer. Texlaxing is basically just INTENTIONALLY underprocessing a relaxer in order not to get bone straight hair.

Texlaxing leaves a lot of the original curl pattern and strength in the hair intact. My texlaxed hair looks ALOT like my unrelaxed new growth to the untrained eye, but is easier to get smooth and straight by rollersetting, flatironing, etc.

Texturizing is using an actual texturizer (Wave Nouveau, Jherri Curl, etc.) to enhance the natural curl pattern of your air.

For some ladies texlaxing works out wonderfully, The texlaxed portions of my hair are muchh stronger than the bone straight ends (which I'm gradudally cutting off). But for some ladies texlaxing is just a detangling nightmare. I will admit it took a lot of trial and error to get my texlaxed hair under control, but in the end I'm happy I'm texlaxing. Again, what works for some, does not work for all.:yep: HTH!

tatje

Thank you ladies so much. So when texterlizing, it leaves your hair somewhat natural and somewhat relaxed?

RZILYNT

It depends on how much you want to relax your natural curl. That is what determines how long you leave the relaxer on your hair. Some women who want a slow transition to their natural hair from a relaxer instead of doing the big chop will do this. Or if they want to relax their naturally tight coiled curl pattern so that it would be looser, then they will texlax.

Some do not want bone straight hair and just want it to be managable, then they texlax/texturize their hair. Depends on you and want you want to acheive. All chemicals damage to some degree, it is how you take care of the chemical....Moisture Moisture Moisture is what is required for healthy hair. My 2 cents :)

dlewis

tatje said:
Thank you ladies so much. So when texterlizing, it leaves your hair somewhat natural and somewhat relaxed?

Yes, I guess you could put it like that. The Beautician I use to go to said my hair was underprocessed, ike you mentioned earlier, but I got alot of underprocessed hair and she has none.

SohoHair

tatje said:

Once I apply a chemical to my hair I no longer consider it natural at all. But it appears more natural than bone straight relaxed hair. But it definitely does not behave like my natural hair does. If you check out the member Isis's (sorry to call you out girl but your hair fab!) sig and fotki you'll get a pretty good idea of what texlaxed hair looks like.

OT: DLewis I love your hair, big hair makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!:grin:

sareca

SohoHair said:
Texlax is a term many ladies have come up with to describe lightly relaxing your hair. Instead of the typical 20-25 minutes that a normal relaxer calls for, many ladies are leaving the relaxer on for only 7-15 minutes or adding oils/conditioners to make the relaxer process slower, or instead just using a very mild relaxer. Texlaxing is basically just INTENTIONALLY underprocessing a relaxer in order not to get bone straight hair.

Texlaxing leaves a lot of the original curl pattern and strength in the hair intact. My texlaxed hair looks ALOT like my unrelaxed new growth to the untrained eye, but is easier to get smooth and straight by rollersetting, flatironing, etc.

Texturizing is using an actual texturizer (Wave Nouveau, Jherri Curl, etc.) to enhance the natural curl pattern of your air.

For some ladies texlaxing works out wonderfully, The texlaxed portions of my hair are muchh stronger than the bone straight ends (which I'm gradudally cutting off). But for some ladies texlaxing is just a detangling nightmare. I will admit it took a lot of trial and error to get my texlaxed hair under control, but in the end I'm happy I'm texlaxing. Again, what works for some, does not work for all.:yep: HTH!

Dang, nice answer. It helped me and I already knew what it meant. :)
I call my hair texturized instead of texlaxed tho. I've seen boxes of texturizer for men in the BBS are that nothing but weak relaxers.

tatje

Thank you guys (women) a lot. I really didn't get it. Now I do. So texterlaxed is like the faux pa of natural or just an easier transition. It's great when you have so many choices with what you can do with hair.:grin:

firecracker

dlewis said:
Yes, I guess you could put it like that. The Beautician I use to go to said my hair was underprocessed, ike you mentioned earlier, but I got alot of underprocessed hair and she has none.

Let the bald eagle fly! :lachen: :lachen: dlewis you so craaazy!:lachen: :lachen:

dlewis

firecracker said:
Let the bald eagle fly! :lachen: :lachen: dlewis you so craaazy!:lachen: :lachen:

Fokz always trying to tell you to relax, relax, your hairs to nappy, but their hair looks..........em well........

Mortons

I thought I got a texturizer but I most definately got a textulaxer.Thanks for the clarification...I wonder if my stylist knows the difference as well...

Softresses

I use Hawaiian Silky relaxer to do mine, and process for about 5-6 min. I have always called it texturized (oops).

I don't think I would call it underprocessed unless the your purpose in using it was to get your hair bone straight and there were areas that did not come out straight. I would call those areas underprocessed.

Softresses