• Armpit Length

Votes: 177 27.8%
  • Brastrap Length

Votes: 95 14.9%
  • I've always been able to grow long hair

Votes: 53 8.3%

• Total voters

kbragg

I remember someone posting that their hair had never passed shoulder length before LHCF and healthy hair techniques. I was just wondering how many ladies have reached a new "never before" length since being a part of LHCF and what regimen/hair care books helped you along the way? What is your current length? TIA!:cool:

mohair

I have never been this length before. I learned to stretch my relaxers and moisturize my hair from LHCF. I also learned to reduce the amt of heat and to use more protective styles. It has worked wonders for me.:look:

VeryBecoming

Devil's Avocado
My hair never grew past wherever the ends met my shirts. I don't think I quite made it to shoulder length before.

Now my hair is maybe an inch or two past shoulder length.

What helped me was not curling/straightening my hair everday. I NEVER wore my hair up because I thought that would break it all off. Now I keep my hair off my shoulders as much as possible.

Last edited:

LaNecia

My hair has NEVER been below collar length!

What has helped me the most has been:
1) CO Washing
2) Protective styling
3) Henna
4) Consistency in my hair regimine
5) Maintaining a Hair Journal
6) and... relaxer stretching (combined with sectional relaxing instead of the whole head at once).

Understanding when my hair needs moisture vs. protein has been a large helping factor as well.

I'm currently about 3 inches from APL...I'll reach my goal length next year! :bouncy:

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Pre-LHCF, my hair was never longer than brushing my shoulders. I am solidly collarbone length now (stretched). Right before I BC'd, my hair stretched to APL.

navsegda

kbragg said:
I remember someone posting that their hair had never passed shoulder length before LHCF and healthy hair techniques. I was just wondering how many ladies have reached a new "never before" length since being a part of LHCF and what regimen/hair care books helped you along the way? What is your current length? TIA!:cool:

My hair has never reached waist-length (I'm mid-back, past BSL right now and I joined at the end of November, but had started taking care of my hair again before then). In the past sometimes, I pretty much ignored my hair; I wouldn't wash it often (now I wash twice a week), wouldn't put the correct balance of protein and moisture in it, I would comb or brush it any kinda way causing it to break off in places, and most of all, I was getting my hair trimmed every six weeks (so it wouldn't matter that I had an inch or two of new growth if my stylist kept cutting off all my progress whenever I got a touchup). When I started taking care of my hair again, I was able to retain the length as soon as I stopped the trimming (haven't trimmed in 2 years and I will not until I am an inch or an inch and a half past waist length).

So when I reach waist-length, I guess I can vote lol.

Last edited:

camellia

My hair has NEVER been this long before. I hovered at mid back to just above waist length as my longest length ever before I found LHCF.

Cutting down my heat use, to know more than 2 or 3 times a year and moisturizing with water and sealing with a natural oil or butter has helped my hair retain major length.

jtsupanova

I have been armpit length before but I don't think I have been any longer
When i did get to armpit in the past i would always chop it off:wallbash: :nuts: :cry2:
no more of that:naughty:

CarLiTa

my hair had never been longer than brastrap length before i joined LHCF. and even then, it wouldn't even be full BSL, just a couple inches from there. Trimmed every 6 weeks, so my hair was staying at the same length, or my stylist would trim it back to APL or near my shoulders.

After joining LHCF, I went to 3" from waist, but my ends weren't too pretty b/c i got too happy. Now i'm close to mid-back and I want to grow it to 2 inches from waistlength.

Victorian

old head
My hair never went past apl before LHCF. I'm midback currently. I think not trimming so often has been one of the major factors in reaching new lengths, as well as having more knowledge about products and how my hair responds to things so I can keep it in good shape.

Ayeshia

I had BSL length hair for like 2 months back in 2001...since them my hair has not touched my shoulders. well now its close. Not becasue of damage but because of major scissor addiction :ohwell:

pistachio

Before LHCF, I was never able to grow it past neck length. Now, I'm BSL, and I'm shootin' for classic length by my 25th birthday!!!

leleepop

Before LHCF I could not make it to collarbone, but now its past and would be armpit if I wasnt trimming for transitioning. Its thick on the ends also.:D

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I thought I was going to be terminally shoulder length for the rest of my life til I joined LHCF, now I'm collarbone length headed straight for my first goal of APL stretched! :D

shunta

Great thread, kbragg!

Anyhow, my hair never really made it much past shoulder length.:( Of course when I was younger and didnt have a relaxer, my hair was really long, thick, and healthy.

Frequent washes and deep conditioning, and not to mention not clipping every 6 wks, have helped me to make it to APL. Hopefully in the next few months Ill make it to BSL.:)

Qetesh

i have never made it to waist length b4 LHCF, right now i am there by some standerds but i would say i need about 2 more inches.

my hair usually stays just below my bra- strap. then i also never actually tried to grow it out untill now, i usually like keeping it cut at bra strap, so making it to my ultimate goal of tailbone length will be fun to see, then i probably will cut it down.

cmw45

Tonight, the first time since being natural my mother combed and braided my hair for me...she kept going on and on about what great condition it was in...even better than when I was younger and SHE was taking care of it:eek: :D While I've had longer hair before, my hair has never been in this good of condition and I attribute it all to the techniques I learned for LHCF.

ETA: I think that the technique that helped the most ws the frequent washes/co-washes and the importence that you all have pressed upon me to moisturize.

Last edited:

Naphy

My hair has always been around neck-shoulder lenght... But now, I'm past shoulder and aiming for APL soon !