How are You using the Aloe Vera Juice....

How are You using Aloe Vera Juice

• Add it to Conditioner for a DC

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Spritz Moisture Mix

Votes: 31 56.4%
  • Do Both Options 1 and 2

Votes: 19 34.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PinkPebbles

Ladies-

Are you using the Aloe Vera Juice as an agent for more mositure in your hair? Do you add it to your conditioners for a DC or to your spritz moisture mix?

TIA!

Nazarite27

I use it in a spray bottle with vegetable glycerine for moisture. For me, the aloe juice and glycerine is the absolute best moisturizer -- hands down.

I also drink 2-4 oz. a day..

I also use it as a facial toner after washing my face..

Last edited:

PinkPebbles

I use it in a spray bottle with vegetable glycerine for moisture. For me, the aloe juice and glycerine is the absolute best moisturizer -- hands down.

Wow..if you can do all of this with the Aloe Vera juice then this is some good stuff! Thx for sharing!!!

SelfStyled

I add it to my DC's

Add it to my OCT/MT mixture

Also have small spray bottle, w/ half braid spray+1/3 avj for misting.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!

I agree whole heartedly. I make a similar concoction: one part aloe vera juice to one part rosewater glycerin. I then seal with coconut oil. I buy all three of these products at Whole Foods.

lilsparkle825

that toner tip sounds great. in the makeup/skin care forum Divine Inspiration suggests AV gel as a moisturizer but swiping on AV juice sounds like it would have similar effects.
I add it to my DC's

Add it to my OCT/MT mixture

Also have small spray bottle, w/ half braid spray+1/3 avj for misting.
ooh never thought about DCing with it although i need to go buy some to add to either the last of this braid spray or to make a new moisturizer altogether. trader joes here i come.

LadyPaniolo

Aloe vera gel is the BEST moisturizer I've ever used. I use it as a daily moisturizer. I massage the AVG into my hair, one small section at a time. Then I seal with coconut oil. My hair comes out :love: :lick:

adw425

Did you notice a tremendous difference in the moisture level in your hair compared to commercial mositurizers?

Yes...My hair stopped drying out as the day went out. In particular, my hair would dry out horribly after working out and that doesn't happen any longer. Last night, I did something different....I saturated my hair with my moisture mist/spritz and went under the heat cap. Usually, I will spray on first and then add my creamy leave-in and seal with a bit of oil. Last night, after I steamed it into my hair, I rinsed in cold water to close the cuticle and my hair came out very nicely, indeed. I will not do this often because I have too many leave-ins to use up.

Nazarite27

that toner tip sounds great. in the makeup/skin care forum Divine Inspiration suggests AV gel as a moisturizer but swiping on AV juice sounds like it would have similar effects.

ooh never thought about DCing with it although i need to go buy some to add to either the last of this braid spray or to make a new moisturizer altogether. trader joes here i come.

Yup! I also use 99% pure aloe Gel for my face and hair.

lilsparkle825

OT: where can i get the glycerin in an actual store (not whole foods)? the guy at vitamin shoppe looked at me like i was crazy...i got the AV juice though so i can add it to my braid spray.

:surf:

gymfreak336

This thread is right on time for me. I was just looking into what this was all about, mostly for my stomach but if I can get it do double duty then thats whats up!

AwesomelyNappy

i use as moisture with my glycerine and water in my mistin bottle

and i drink or mix in my health drinks...

i use ACV for toner, but when it runs out, i might try the aloe vera juice

Filmatic

OT: where can i get the glycerin in an actual store (not whole foods)? the guy at vitamin shoppe looked at me like i was crazy...i got the AV juice though so i can add it to my braid spray.

:surf:

I buy mine at Walmart. It's in the skin section of the pharmacy. It's usually at the bottom of the shelf.

mscocoface

I use it for those things as well as braids, twists and flat twists.

As a matter of fact, that is all I use to make my flat twists. It is great stuff.

Tamrin

unapologetic
I use it after my wash and add my Creamy leave in. Today I decided to use it alone and seal with coconut oil. My hair is soft and moisturized Im shocked. Im going to do this more often.

me-T

aloe has protein in it right? does usin it all the time cause breakage? i cant even use shealoe w/out my hair gettin hard, unless i need protein at the time

youwillrise

do you ladies use the aloe juice that comes in that big jug that you see everywhere? or is it a different kind? i always look at that jug and think about it, but i'm not quite sure if i should use that particular one in my hair.

PinkPebbles

I copied this picture from Atlien11 thread.

adw425

I use the same juice (in the big jug) that I also consume. I used to get it from Puritan's Pride, but now I get it from Trader Joe's. I still buy the gel (consumable, food grade) from PP though.

Mook's hair

I put mine in a spray bottle with a little water and a cap full of SAA.

I use the big jug.

Do any of you refrigerate it The jug says to refrigerate after opening but I don't have room in my fridge for it.