Silk Elements Relaxer

mrshicks2002

I see and have noticed alot of others that use silk element lye or no lye say that it has caused thinner hair. I have been using the no-lye for about 2 years and my hair would get longer, but no thicker. Before using silk elements when I thought about it, my hair was thicker. I was told also that any no-lye relaxer are sensitive on the scalp, but can be dull and drying on the hair and lye is more harsh on the scalp, but better for the hair in general. I plan to switch to ORS lye relaxer and am looking forward to it since seeing all the rave about it.

I was wondering if someone knew what could be in a relaxer that will cause the hair to be thinner. I also noticed that some said that they noticed shedding alot with SE.

ORS LYE here I come::::::::::!

Nanyanika

mrshicks2002 said:
I see and have noticed alot of others that use silk element lye or no lye say that it has caused thinner hair. I have been using the no-lye for about 2 years and my hair would get longer, but no thicker. Before using silk elements when I thought about it, my hair was thicker. I was told also that any no-lye relaxer are sensitive on the scalp, but can be dull and drying on the hair and lye is more harsh on the scalp, but better for the hair in general. I plan to switch to ORS lye relaxer and am looking forward to it since seeing all the rave about it.

I was wondering if someone knew what could be in a relaxer that will cause the hair to be thinner. I also noticed that some said that they noticed shedding alot with SE.

ORS LYE here I come::::::::::!
i'm in the same boat as you, i love the way it makes my hair feel but, it leaves it thinner, i've already purchased ORS Lye and plan to use it within the next month. i'm also waiting to read other ladies responses.

jasmin

Well I switch to what I'm using now in my signature. Silk Elements has been my second fav but it didn't last all the time like what I'm using now. It didn't get the staightness that I was looking for. The straightness, the amount of time it took to get it straight and how long it stayed straight is why I switched and I'm happy right now. My hair has gotten thicker during this time with Silk and Barry. Maybe it's the Mane and tail or the ors mayo that I use as a prepoo.

preciousjewel76

I've used SE lye for my last 3 touch ups, with no problems. My hair is actually thicker now, but that's probably because I leave the relaxer in for a shorter period of time (I don't relax "bone straight" anymore). I haven't had any problems with increased shedding.

Use what works for you.:)

texasgrl

I have used SE lye course formula for two years and my hair is still sooooo thick actually I was considering changing to another pem cause my hair is always underprocessed no matter how long I leave it on.:lachen: I am texlaxed conseridering bone strait.:look:

Radianthealth

preciousjewel76 said:
I've used SE lye for my last 3 touch ups, with no problems. My hair is actually thicker now, but that's probably because I leave the relaxer in for a shorter period of time (I don't relax "bone straight" anymore). I haven't had any problems with increased shedding.

Use what works for you.:)

This has also been my experience. I will continue to use silk elements :)

shunta

Hmm, I never had that problem with SE. I used the mild about 3 or 4 times. I would use it again, but my stylist just started using the Elucence relaxer and Im loving it.:) But my hair was still hella thick while using it, and it was soft and silky, too.

gymfreak336

I have used silk elements and I get more shedding with the regular one but the mild is great. It is cost effective and the ingredients are great too. I used ors lye last time but I am really consisdering going back to silk elements.

Desarae

I used this relaxer for my last touch up and I'm loving it, I have noticed some shedding on wash day but only like 20-30 hairs....all these stories of thinning and shedding have me shook...and I brought a 4lb tub.

Is anyone still using this relaxer with good results or should I quit while I'm ahead? I was using Mizani BB Mild but it burns too bad and it stinks...

supermodelsonya

Thats interesting because the first pic in my siggy is after I switched to Silk Elements and had been using it for like two or three months and I noticed all my thickness vanished.

I switched to Mizani Butter Blends and you can see the difference.

MrsSmitty77

Silk Elements definately made my hair so thin that I almost went to the doctor. I switched to ORS Lye Regular my last relaxer and I can already tell that my pony is thicker at the bottom when I make a bun.

karolmel

Silk Elements definately made my hair so thin that I almost went to the doctor. I switched to ORS Lye Regular my last relaxer and I can already tell that my pony is thicker at the bottom when I make a bun.

Okay, I'm definitely going to do ORS if I don't go all the way with transitioning. :drunk:

Desarae

Welp I'm not taking any more chances....ill stick to what I know and stay with Mizani. I'll just have to return this 4lb tub....oh well