Curlygirl Challenge

Lucia

Hi, :wave:
welcome to the curlygirl challenge a.k.a=Shrinkage Support Group SSG:lol:
Bubbln and I are starting a personal curly challenge to see how much length we can get naturally curly.

Please post starting curly lengths, and short-term and long term curly goals, (I'll start my official measuring at the end of HYH April challenge) if any, the requirements are length pics or official measuring of our hair for the curlygirl challenge must be non-stretched, pulled, banded, straightened in ANY way. That means you can straighten and wear your hair any which way you wish, but that straight measurement doesn't count for curlygirl. You can be curly, kinky, wavy, texturized as long as you have curls and are mostly natural and of course, still have shrinkage, we're just not taking anyone with staight hair, sorry to the bone straight relaxed or naturally straight for this challenge. Sorry no offense.

OK how does check in every 6 months officially, but if you want to update anytime you want, or when you see/feel you've made some progress.Doesn't matter how you wear your hair inbetweeen braids, weaves, wigs, phonytails etc... just your update pics should be natural/texturized curly dry, damp or wet, conditioner etc... but let us know, so there's no fakin' the funk.

So please list your starting curly lengths. The challenge starts when you sign up and ends when you reach your short or longterm goal. (it's a good idea to have a short-term goal so you can have a mini-celebration and not get too discouraged.

ETA *Newbie members to the challenge, please add yourself by thanking this post or posting starting stats cause I'm not adding new name to this list but you're in once you thank or post that you're joining TIA. *

MEMBERS:
Bubblinbrnsuga
Lucia
Bemoreflygirl
Qtesh
imstush
Chocokitty
Angelita842002
Pokahontas
luv04
blakbuttafly
ladylibra
Blackoutzangel05
SSBD
Santia
Ayesha
loonatick
cutiebe2
UMBlessed beauty1
Sar-I
Luzminerva
Miss scarlet
Cheleigh
Auntybe
Nubianqt86
Stunningessence
Minny
Silvergirl
diva1luv
lisaaa bonet
Miss Fallon
PanamasOwn
BillzBackerz67
Bre Bre
Brockstar
SmilesNDimples
Curly Girl
Calyssa
Serenity326
Nubianqt
Fabulousity
Diva 1 Luv
that1grrl
laurence
boston maria
Eclass215
thaidreams
lilsparkle825
NappturalWomyn
shortdub78
Irresistable
Joyand Faith
AtlantaJJ
loves harmony
ronnieaj

Last edited:

RainbowCurls

Can I join?
I want BSL unstretched... maybe waist, maybe longer :D

I don't measure my hair stretched.

I'll probably only report back about once a year though. With shrinkage, it's just not worth it doing it any more frequently than that!

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Yeah, I am in, but I have a confession. I will be kinda starting over since I am getting my hair cut in long layers.

Lucia, how can we have non-stretched hair if we straighten?

When are we doing the dang thang?

Lucia

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Yeah, I am in, but I have a confession. I will be kinda starting over since I am getting my hair cut in long layers.

OH no i don't mean it that way, obviously I straighten, I mean our official check in lengths for this challenge must be curly lengths with or without product but no stretching-do I make sense?
I'm out of the braided weave April/May so I'll give a true start length then, but we can start now.
start length from DEC.2006=APL curly-I'll give a new length when my braids are out.
goal length= BSL curly

Last edited:

Qetesh

is it just me or does it seem like my natural hair doesnt get any longer anymore it jus gets bigger. :confused: i do want brastrap natural hair tho

RainbowCurls

Qetesh said:
is it just me or does it seem like my natural hair doesnt get any longer anymore it jus gets bigger. :confused:

Haha, I know what you mean.
I went natural in June last year. And it seems like all this time I've been "around neck length".
If I look at pics it is creeping towards shoulder length but it's sooo slow :yawn: :sleeping:

I'm still aiming for at least BSL curly though, because how awesome will it look? :D

I think it's possible, remember Midnitecurls everyone...

SugarBaby

RainbowCurls said:
Haha, I know what you me went natural in June lan.
Iast year. And it seems like all this time I've been "around neck length".
If I look at pics it is creeping towards shoulder length but it's sooo slo
w :yawn: :sleeping:

I'm still aiming for at least BSL curly though, because how awesome will it look? :D

I know. I am so with you on that

Lucia

RainbowCurls said:
Haha, I know what you mean.
I went natural in June last year. And it seems like all this time I've been "around neck length".
If I look at pics it is creeping towards shoulder length but it's sooo slow :yawn: :sleeping:

Yeah it IS possible, ITA BSL curly hair is HOT.
Midnightcurls album is da bomb and great reference cause she had starting pics from the begining.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Qetesh said:
is it just me or does it seem like my natural hair doesnt get any longer anymore it jus gets bigger. :confused: i do want brastrap natural hair tho

Same here. I never see much length with my hair curly. I would love a little below bsl natural but I think my hair will have to be to my ankles (stretched) to get it:lol: .

Lucia

Pokahontas said:
Same here. I never see much length with my hair curly. I would love a little below bsl natural but I think my hair will have to be to my ankles (stretched) to get it:lol: .
:lol: I hope not, but my hair shrinks less the longer it gets, so I'll find out soon enough.
come on Pokahantes and Qtesh you know you want to join.

Lucia

Bublnbrnsuga said:

It doesn't matter what length you start at just post that and your goal.
How much are you taking off?

glamazon386

Aww you ladies are so much further along than I am. :( I have a lot of growing to do lol How long do you think it would take for my hair to get to my chin unstretched? It's on my neck and approaching my shoulder when straight now. But when curled up it still looks like a TWA.

Last edited:

luv04

i would like to join right now the front is at chin unstrecthed and the bak hits my the base of my neck..lol on my description i would like to get to shoulder unstrecthed..i feel its getting thicker..but i have only straightened on section in the bak and it was on my shoulder..wish me luck im up for this challenge

bLackButtaFly

I totally in!!:D I'm at between neck and shoulder length( layers)

My goal is to have my shortest fall shoulder length, and the longest between that and apl, but is there like a regime, or are we just encouragin one another? either way is good for me. What day are we starting?

Lucia

bmoreflyygirl said:
Aww you ladies are so much further along than I am. :( I have a lot of growing to do lol How long do you think it would take for my hair to get to my chin unstretched? It's on my neck and approaching my shoulder when straight now. But when curled up it still looks like a TWA.
Doesn't matter what length you start, dont get discouraged, this is basically a personal growout challenge, and we'll encourage each other, update, etc....If you want to list your regime you can but that's not a must, besides you just did a big chop, your hair will really take off now, you'll be suprised what 6months-1 year can do.

glamazon386

Lucia said:
Doesn't matter what length you start, dont get discouraged, this is basically a personal growout challenge, and we'll encourage each other, update, etc....If you want to list your regime you can but that's not a must, besides you just did a big chop, your hair will really take off now, you'll be suprised what 6months-1 year can do.

Okay. :) I'm just longing for a ponytail right now. My regimen doesn't really consist of much. I wash and DC weekly when in weaves and braids. When my hair is loose I wash it more often. Maybe every other day. And still DC weekly. That's it. I always air dry and don't use any heat. I've had one trim since I BCed in September. The stylist trimmed it wet and then blowdried and curled my hair with the flat iron. I think I'll only have that done to check progress every once in a while.

ladylibra

i would like my hair to be around collarbone unstretched. however my hair gets bigger before it gets longer so i know this will take a while! :lol:

but hey, i'll sign up. right now i'm about chin-length unstretched, maybe just below. but i have slight layers so.. yeah... :look:

RainbowCurls

Ok, where are everyone'e starting pics/measurements?!

Here's mine:

About 17" from hairline to ends. (I hope that's not a real gap in the back of my hair!)
I'm sure this changes on a day to day basis due to varying shrinkage.
It's the most accurate method of measuring for me though. As my hair is all different lengths and I'd never be able to get the same strand twice. Unless I dyed it a different colour of course... :scratchch

Updates every 6 months sounds good to me.

Blackoutzangel05

Qetesh said:

Mine doesn't get longer either just bigger...lol But I still want to do this challenge. How would we measure though from hairline to tip?!?!? I am wearing wigs and hiding my hair so it doesn't get straightened and reporting back every 6 months would be fine with me...

SSBD

I want to join...im in the same boat as bmoreflyygirl...a ponytail would be nice. My first goal which may take awhile is to have neck/shoulder length unstreched. I have a twa curretly so we shall see what happens.

santia

I'm in for this, especially since Spring/Summer is right around the corner :D

I'm currently shoulder length :grin:

Do you really have to natural to join this challenge?

Last edited:

loonatick

I wanna join!
I am currently around chin length unstretched and would like to grow to shoulder length curly.............just like Santia ^^^^^^^^ :yep:

glamazon386

SSBD said:
I want to join...im in the same boat as bmoreflyygirl...a ponytail would be nice. My first goal which may take awhile is to have neck/shoulder length unstreched. I have a twa curretly so we shall see what happens.

Yeah that's my ultimate goal. I know that's gonna take forever. :ohwell: