Couldn't deal with Transitioning - BC on 4/7/12

ojemba

Hi Ladies,

I decided after my last relaxer in Sept. 2011 that I was going to transition to natural hair. I’ve been on my HHJ from since June 2010 and was very pleased with how my relaxed hair looked, but I was ready to embark on my NHJ. Actually I’ve been hiding my hair under wigs, weaves and braids and didn’t really wear my own hair out much.

I first taught I would transition for at least a year. Well I’m a very spontaneous person and love instance gratification not to add I don’t like to work harder at things I know I can simplify. I got a weave in Feb 2012, when I took it out 2 weeks ago I was frustrated with the detangling process and the amount of hair that came out. When I washed (in sections) the detangling was worse. I decided to do a mini Big chop. I liked it and wore my hair out in a braid out. But then I got antsy again and started chopping specific areas to see how my 100% natural hair looked,

On April 7, I cut the rest of my relaxed hair.

My rational for this is: I’m getting a weave next week Monday and plan to redo it every 12 weeks. I have no intention of wearing my hair out for some time (like I did when I was relaxed) so I figure since I’m not showing my hair I really didn’t have a need for it to be long. That only made detangling and wash days a nightmare. I’m very happy with my decision to BC and I’m looking forward to grow my natural hair as long and longer than my relaxed hair.

I did it once and will do it again.

First pic is the mini chop braid out second is My lill plaits lol

Attachments

• image-213834963.jpg
    image-213834963.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 274
  • image-735479991.jpg
    image-735479991.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 234
  • image-2559872845.jpg
    image-2559872845.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

MsDee14

Congrats!!! You have a nice amount of growth and I'm sure you will make it to your previous length quicker than ever!

ojemba

@ojemba what happened partner, Dag I lost my transitioning buddy LOL

Looking good Mami! :) Congrats :clap:

Another one bites the dust :cry:
j/k Congratulations!

JJamiah - Buddy I'm sorry I didn't hang in there with you. I was fighting a lossing battle and gave up. I was just ready to be over with it and move ont to the next.

I'll cheering you on - Go JJamiah, Go JJamiah, Go Go Go!!!!

sipp100 yea I did, but I was crying more when I had the relaxed ends. LOL

Aggie

All the best ojemba. I loved your relaxed hair and I know I will love your natural hair as well. I myself will be hiding my hair even more after my hair cut tomorrow. It will be wayyyyyyy too short to style anyway:lol:.