Au naturale . . . silver, gray, grey, white . . .whatevuh

LovinLocks

Letting nature take her course, enough with the black dye stuff. To keep up with my "roots" I needed to dye every 14-21 days. Ridiculous. :perplexed

http://public.fotki.com/lovinlocks/2011/november/

This was my final, encouragement straw. I found this literally after having touched up a dye job about 30 minutes previously. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=132021&highlight=mom+s+silver+hair

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Very beautiful! I love seeing curly white/grey hair, it's striking. I love the contrast of brown skin and white hair. :D

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
It's pretty. I tried to do that this summer but I just have random stray grays around my temples and it didn't look good. When it's coming in all over, I'll give it a try.

janeemat

Op you must have reading my mind this morning! I am sooo tired of dying/rinsing grey hair. I was using the demi color, but I'm thinking that it may have caused some breaking and thinning around the edges. I have been using the semi, but it does not last. I hate the orange/burgundy brassy look after a few washes. I really think that I am going to call it quits and work on letting my grey do it's thing and enhance it with the correct poos/cond. I just purchased my first wig to help with this process.

alive

I once ran into a lady with a full head of 100% gray hair and I thought it was the most beautiful thing! I think she knew it too because her head was held so high and she was walking like she owned the whole airport :lachen: absolutely loved it. Might just be a cultural thing but I think I'd like to rock my grays when they come in :yep:

LovinLocks

Op you must have reading my mind this morning! I am sooo tired of dying/rinsing grey hair.

Well come onnn down, my hair sista. Humph, maybe then we can start an official "I'm silver/white/gray and it's cool" thread. Hey Allandra . . . you say what???? :yep:

Avaya

I have three white strands of hair. The third strand is pretty new and is located at my left temple. The way I wear my hair makes them unnoticeable. I will not allow a whole head full of white hairs to show before the age of 60.

temfash

Good on you OP, I've learnt to embrace my gray hair I have about 15/20 percent of gray hair all concentrated in the front part of my hair.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Good for you OP. I love seeing people rocking their gray/silver/white hair. It makes them stand out in a good way.

Pierrot

I have like 5 strands of white and silver dispersed, I know that's nothing. I've thought about hendigo or hendigo w/amla to fortify and color in the future, but I seen such beautiful silver and gray ladies and gents, I think I'll choose to stay color-free when the silvery-white tide comes in.

andromeda

i love gray hair! i hope mine comes in nicely like youe's or maybe a streak. i've seen how frustrating it can be when greys come in randomly, esp sine they can be particularly coarse and wiry

LovinLocks

It is taking 4 ever for this stuff to come onnn dowwwn, LOL. Watched pot never boils they say. :grin: Seriously, just stopping in to say hey to the hair sisters.

Last edited:

mohair

Has anyone been able to find a site that caters to gray hair? I am bummed that they don't want to create a forum. I cut my hair because I couldn't figure out how to care for my silver strands. I could really use some support. Not all products work well with gray hair.

Ms. Syl

I am at least 50 percent white/gray and I am trying to wear my naturally kinky/curly hair in a braid out or twist out. DRY, DRY, DRY! I need help! I want a fierce cut/shape and I want soft , moist hair. Many products tint my hair and makes it look dirty. Please share what works for your white/silver hair. I use Wen, fekkai smooth hair, crisco when I flat iron, vitapointe(very small amounts), Trader Joe's shampoo and conditioner. All of these products are white or colorless.

BostonMaria

I dye my hair every 2 months and I hate my greys. My mom's hair thinned out due to dying her hair so I know that eventually maybe in my 50's I will have to embrace the greys.

LuvMyGrey

Got tired of doing the dye.....seemed like every 3-4 weeks was having to redo because if you're going to dye your hair, you can't have those cute lil grey gurlies peeking out!
My hair was right at APL/ getting thinner and so I just chopped it all of because with the relaxer/dye/henna (relaxer & dye ~ then transitioned to relaxer/henna) just got to be way too much.
Am happier now but looking for other ladies to embrace/celebrate with.
OOOHHH and by the time I was 33-34 50% of my hair was turning grey, and I did that color thing until 13 months ago. {am 48 turning 49}

I dye my hair every 2 months and I hate my greys. My mom's hair thinned out due to dying her hair so I know that eventually maybe in my 50's I will have to embrace the greys.

SmilingElephant

I have 1 gray strand on my right temple. It must like the products i use bc that sucker is growing like a garden weed!

Its barely visible but its white. It was like 1/4 of an inch long when i found it and now...about 3-4 months later...i can almost tuck it behind my ear!

I love it. I hope i go snow white.

Sent from my N860 using LHCF

ClassicBeauty

Thanks for bumping this thread up. I have quite a few silver strands (about 20 in the front and who knows what's going on in the middle or back). I was just thinking about whether I should color it or let it go. I'm only 32.

Last edited: