• Yay

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Nay

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

naturallygoldie

I'm not sure if I'm even posting this in the right forum...:ohwell:

Does anybody purchase hair goods that come from Japan (like camellia oil)? With the radiation leak,I'm guessing that anything grown in that area is now contaminated. My question is: once Japan rebuilds, will it be safe to purchase foods, oils etc from there?

naturallygoldie

some are still feeling the toxic results of 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina..known carcinogens were released into our atmosphere...but with Japan, radiation :nono: that's worst

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I think it may really depend on what part of Japan you are ordering from. The highly damaged areas are on the coastal region that faces California. However, I am sure all public services will slow to crawl for the next few weeks due to the large clean up effort.

Most companies may be updating their websites to reflect if they are are opened or closed for business.

Tiye

I thought this was a thread about Japanese hair products. They have some good ones, not easy to order online anyway unless you have personal contacts over there. The radiation clouds aren't blowing over every inch of Japan at the same time. Plus ... there's no telling if the hair products you have now regardless of source have radiation or other contamination in them. If this bothers you then it's time to join the no products movement. I saw this on another non-AA focused board where some are washing their hair with plain water only (but how do you vouch for the absolute purity of the water??) :spinning:

rosalindb

I'm not sure if I'm even posting this in the right forum...:ohwell:

Does anybody purchase hair goods that come from Japan (like camellia oil)? With the radiation leak,I'm guessing that anything grown in that area is now contaminated. My question is: once Japan rebuilds, will it be safe to purchase foods, oils etc from there?

Good point, I had not thought of this before. I was due to restock on my Camellia Kissi oil in a few months. This is my staple oil for my face in the colder months, i've been using it for a few years now and would rather be safe than sorry so have just purchased twice what I would normally buy. As I only use it for my face I will have enough to last me for a long time.

mg1979

Thanks for posting...I didn't even think of this. I think it might not be enough to just consider where you are ordering from, as that doesn't tell you much about where the product was manufactured.

naturallygoldie

Good point, I had not thought of this before. I was due to restock on my Camellia Kissi oil in a few months. This is my staple oil for my face in the colder months, i've been using it for a few years now and would rather be safe than sorry so have just purchased twice what I would normally buy. As I only use it for my face I will have enough to last me for a long time.

Ur welcome! I use it on my face with saki and for the first time I don't get the period bumps :blush: i just received two bottles of kissi and reordered two more this past sat. I have enough to last me at least a couple of years Oshima is on the other side of Japan and I doubt it has been contaminated *but one can never be too sure*

Come to think of it..a lot of the products we used are contaminated to some extent *a minute one at best* but to have come in contact with actual nuclear/radioactive material :sad: I may discontinue taking spirulina because who knows whats in that pacific water now.

Anita posted this on FB:
Hello Beautifuls!

You will all have seen the news reports of the terrible events in Japan over the last few days, and as you are aware, we at Anita Grant Ltd work closely with one Japanese supplier and his team of farmers, in Oshima Japan who provide us with our remarkable Japanese Camellia Kissi Oil.

Obviously our first concern is for the safety of our partners as we have not heard from them, as yet.
Our thoughts are with all of the Japanese people and I am sure that you will join me in sending our condolences and wishing them well as they begin the long journey back to normality.

Inevitably, thoughts will now turn to the disruption the Japanese situation will cause to our supply chain. At this stage it is difficult for us to be precise about how the supply of Camellia Kissi Oil will be affected, so we ask for your patience in the short term while we assess the position as it stands with our current stock and gather more information on future deliveries.

Over the coming weeks we, my cosmetic chemist and I, will assess the viability of re-stocking Camellia Kissi in more detail and provide you with an update. During this time we will no longer be able to supply Camellia Kissi Oil in 100ml or 200ml sizes as our supply is currently running low.

In the meantime if you have any concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

All the best
Anita