Growing hair with broken hairs throughout hair shaft

Leona28

Due to bad management between 2011-12, I have noted that my hair is notably broken down from the shaft of many of my hairs. Some of my hair is shorter especially near the back of my occiput. My hair had been cut in layers therefore I'm guessing this is why some parts of more visibly broken than others.

1. My hair is relaxed and reaching my clavicles. It looks fully despite the broken hair.

2. I've noted that my hair likes Shea butter products, Brahmi hair oil, moisturizing deep conditioners/cholesterol & KBB butter love moisturizer which I am using.

3. I've purchased Cantu Shea Leave In which smells and feels good on my hair. It protects my hair better than leave in serums.

4. I haven't used much heat in the last few months but happy to start using less. (120C/240F flat iron & recent purchase of an Andis Ultra Ceramic Turbo Hair Dryer 1875 Watts with attachment combs - used only 2x).

5. Water, Vitamins, Ingested oils haven't been on my priority list but I would be willing to consume some liquid tabs if need be. Please advise.

Thank you.

Growing out broken hair is definitely doable, I would make sure the hair is now properly trimmed so that the ends do not continue to split and break. Be sure your ends are blunt first, even if the hair is uneven in length.

Be watchful of broken hair and when they appear. Do you have tiny pieces on your shirt or bathroom sink or floor? If you're taking the right steps you should see less of these little pieces. Longer pieces (the length of your hair, or with white bulbs) are fine as these are shed and they're normal. But say, if you flat iron and see small pieces everywhere with no bulbs...adjust either your technique/method, heat or the frequency. If you brush your hair and see a lot of pieces, the reggie may need adjusting.

Back