2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (Jan 1st - June 30th)

miss cosmic

I undid my crochet braids after 5 weeks. Then before I undid the cornrows, I couldn't decide how to go about detangling. Would I wash in the cornrows then detangle damp hair with conditioner for slip? Undo the rows, wash and detangle? Undo the rows, detangle dry and then wash? I know, seems like I was losing my mind.
Anyhoo, I decided to undo one row at a time, detangle with my modified denman and then add conditioner and run the denman thru again to spread condish. This was working well.
Third row I started thinking maybe I was breaking my hair by detangling dry, so I added condish before running the denman thru. Not a good idea. My hair matted up instantly, guess from the moisture, and I had a job detangling that section.
After I was thru detangling I put my hair into 8 or 9 loose twists and co-washed. The sections came undone but my hair didn't tangle.
I then blowdried on low using a wide-tooth comb, then divided my hair into four rows, flattwisted, and now I'm waiting for the girl that does my cornrows, then I'll redo crochet braids.

On with the challenge!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I just gave mscoco some :knight: :knight: :swordfigh:swordfigh:swordfigh:bud: :bud: :bud: :whip: :whip: :whip: :bat: :bat: :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :killlurk: :killlurk: :killlurk: :killlurk:

You bunners look out, I got my :eye: on you and I am a Wig wearer till the end! :grin:

We will see in June Muhahahahahahahaha

IDK why you hiding all that beautiful hair anyway, gone give us a big bun to drool over......atleast one pic.

Last edited:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
^^^ I am so loving the color this thread has going on :lachen: all I see is red and yellow.

I am in today It is My Bday, won't celebrate until this weekend :) :woohoo:

On another NOte MY GRAND newphew is being born today :) :woohoo: So I have a family member to share my bday with. Right now she is 7cm. :)

Happy Birthday JJ.

JJamiah

Nah uh! You can't go any where. Sorry.:look:

I am going No Whurrr LOL

I am so exhausted seems like I am getting worse, I will get better, then worse, then better then worse. HUH!

I think the smoothies might have helped that situation, the Milk. :(

Ms COCO did you like the Alter Ego?

Everyone she was suppose to let me know yesterday if she like it or not, :nono:

Ms_CoCo37

That would be cute and my butt who sure as heck where it. Like how the naturals got the shirts with the fros, we need one. She can be a silhouettein black but her hair candy has to be colored pink or red rhinestones. CCUURRTTTEEEE!

I'm liking where your thought process is at!:yep:

We can do this thang! DC, your bun will be the posterchild for our tee shirt. YEAH!

JJamiah

IDK why you hiding all that beautiful hair anyway, gone give us a big bun to drool over......atleast one pic.

I like wearing short hair, some tapered cuts, shoulder length cuts. I just love the variety. :)

I do bun in between wearing the wigs because I do like to give my hair a little break. I do the wigs 21 days out the month, the other 9/10 days I will do a bun or half wig. (I only own 3 half wigs)

I am wearing my hair out in March,July and November well not out out, just not in a wig. Give my hair some time to remember itself. Also so I don't get soooo reliant on the wigs that I don't take care of my own hair.

Buns for me, was giving me too much play time. I am a hands in the hair girl. You could have glued my hands to my head and I wouldn't have noticed the difference LOLOLOLOLOL

Rossy2010

^^^ I am so loving the color this thread has going on :lachen: all I see is red and yellow.

On another NOte MY GRAND newphew is being born today :) :woohoo: So I have a family member to share my bday with. Right now she is 7cm. :)

Happy Birthday JJ you are soo funny

JJamiah

I undid my crochet braids after 5 weeks. Then before I undid the cornrows, I couldn't decide how to go about detangling. Would I wash in the cornrows then detangle damp hair with conditioner for slip? Undo the rows, wash and detangle? Undo the rows, detangle dry and then wash? I know, seems like I was losing my mind.
Anyhoo, I decided to undo one row at a time, detangle with my modified denman and then add conditioner and run the denman thru again to spread condish. This was working well.
Third row I started thinking maybe I was breaking my hair by detangling dry, so I added condish before running the denman thru. Not a good idea. My hair matted up instantly, guess from the moisture, and I had a job detangling that section.
After I was thru detangling I put my hair into 8 or 9 loose twists and co-washed. The sections came undone but my hair didn't tangle.
I then blowdried on low using a wide-tooth comb, then divided my hair into four rows, flattwisted, and now I'm waiting for the girl that does my cornrows, then I'll redo crochet braids.

On with the challenge!

Nice, Pics when your finish :) :grin:
I can't wait...

Definitely always detangle before washing or you'll regret it :yep:

Did you have a lot of shedding?

Ms_CoCo37

:strong: :strong::eek:wned: :whipgirl: :whipgirl::whipped: :whipped::gunner7::gunner7: :ignore::ignore::ignore::ignore::ignore: :ignore::axehunter::axehunter: :couchfire: :couchfire:

DId you like the Alter EGO???????????

Do you know I washed it out of my head and put the Roux 619 in. Then I put my hair into four plaits and haven't done anything else with it. I think I'm going to blow it out enough to put it up. But from what I can tell, my hair is pretty soft. I think I could have kept the AE in for another hour.:yep:

JJamiah

Do you know I washed it out of my head and put the Roux 619 in. Then I put my hair into four plaits and haven't done anything else with it. I think I'm going to blow it out enough to put it up. But from what I can tell, my hair is pretty soft. I think I could have kept the AE in for another hour.:yep:

Try it for 3 Hours. You should get a nice Condition and let it be under the heating cap after you steam.

Ms_CoCo37

I am going No Whurrr LOL

I am so exhausted seems like I am getting worse, I will get better, then worse, then better then worse. HUH!

I think the smoothies might have helped that situation, the Milk. :(

Awww! My lil germy friend is still feeling under the weather. Maybe if you kept still and stop trying to run around out in that cold air you might feel better. And you know darn well you're supposed to stay away from milk when you're sick Missy!:look:

Ms_CoCo37

I then blowdried on low using a wide-tooth comb, then divided my hair into four rows, flattwisted, and now I'm waiting for the girl that does my cornrows, then I'll redo crochet braids. On with the challenge!

That's a brilliant idea!!! I need to get my sister to cornrow my hair and then do the crochet braids myself! Do you use extra hair for your cornrows?

Ms_CoCo37

Try it for 3 Hours. You should get a nice Condition and let it be under the heating cap after you steam.

Good idea! I'll definitely try that next time. I'm still going to order the AE though, because I like the way it made my hair feel as soon as I started applying it.:yep:

miss cosmic

Nice, Pics when your finish :) :grin:
I can't wait...

Definitely always detangle before washing or you'll regret it :yep:

Did you have a lot of shedding?

I shed enough hair to turn into a coat, haha. At first I was worrying about it thinking it was breakage, but when I was done I inspected several strands and sure enough (to my relief) there was a white bulb on one end. I'm sure some hairs broke, but I think most of the hair I lost was shed hair.

I don't add hair to my cornrows at all, and I make sure she doesn't pull my hair. It must be firm but I shouldn't feel any pain at all. I'm nursing my edges in the hopes of overcoming what seems to be a genetic tendency to a receding hairline *sob sob*.
I add the crochet braids myself. I'll post pics soon as I get to a pc, I use my phone and I don't know how to upload pics from phone.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

:Blush2:

I'm going to proceed with caution with this challenge.... if someone can help me leave my hair alone!!! :spank:

I've been manipulating my hair for years, ever since going natural. And I believe this has caused my hair to stay at the length it currently is...APL. My goal is to be fully BSL.

Right now, My hair is styled in two strand twists braided to the side...

Drtondalia

Hi Ladies! I'm joining this challenge as I have finally found the perfect half wig for me. I searched far and wide, researched YouTube for the ones women with my type of hair like the most and came up with three: Creta Girl, Evony and Vanessa. I could not find not one of them in my local BSS and I went to several.
Yesterday I went to one close to my job and just picked a half wig out that I liked and it worked out. And it looks so natural. I'm happy and looking forward to Hiding my Hair till June!!

Attachments

• update.jpg
    update.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 25
  • update1.jpg
    update1.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 19
  • update2.jpg
    update2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 18

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Hi Ladies! I'm joining this challenge as I have finally found the perfect half wig for me. I searched far and wide, researched YouTube for the ones women with my type of hair like the most and came up with three: Creta Girl, Evony and Vanessa. I could not find not one of them in my local BSS and I went to several.
Yesterday I went to one close to my job and just picked a half wig out that I liked and it worked out. And it looks so natural. I'm happy and looking forward to Hiding my Hair till June!!

Whats her name and who is she by?

LilMissSunshine5

Happy Birthday JJamiah!!! I see yall are still wiling out LOLOLOL I love it :lachen:

LilMissSunshine5

That's a brilliant idea!!! I need to get my sister to cornrow my hair and then do the crochet braids myself! Do you use extra hair for your cornrows?

I agree MsCoCo! I was thinking of doing the same thing bc I can't cornrow yet LOL My friend does beautiful cornrows, I may try to get her to do it this weekend :lick:

LilMissSunshine5

Welcome to Jade998, Kamilla16, Quita3514, Poohbear and Drtondalia!!! :welcome::flowers::happydance::dance7: HYH is DEEP! :woohoo::thewave: Uh oh...watch out now! :ohsnap: We bout to go in LOL

Did anyone else get snow?

Happy Birthday JJ, hope you feel better soon.

We got 24 inches where I am, MsCoco make sure you stay safe and warm indoors if you can.

I'm going to be on both Team Bun and Team Wig. No spying though :sekret:, I am loyal to both sides. I don't think my hair is thick enough for a juicy bun yet and I'm trying to get a hang of this wig thing. May the best team win!:weird: