Well, I've Big Chopped to a TWA :-D

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I'd been struggling the last week or so, trying to decide between BCing now or in October at my one year mark. The thought of maintaining my hair this summer was seriously stressing me out. So I watched enough big chop vids on youtube to get me hyped up, went into my bathroom, grabbed my hair scissors, and cut my bangs down to the new growth.

Then I went back into my bedroom and played in the newly natural hair, trying to figure out if I could hide the section till October:lachen:. Then I showed my fiance, who laughed at me and send to finish what I had started (after he called my momma and left a vm telling her I'd "whacked" my hair off).

So here's the finished result. I don't have alot of hair for being 8 months post relaxer(I think my thyroid issues may play a part in that), but I'm happy and honestly relieved, :grin:.

ETA: Can anyone give a clue as to my hair type?

I still have a few straight ends to cut, but all in all, I'm pretty happy and I don't have any regrets so far....now I'm off to find some headbands and fro candy, :grin:

Last edited:

Nonie

Aww...it looks so soft. Is that your natural color?

I was laughing at you chopping off bangs and going to model to your fiancé. :lol: You both sound like you have a great sense of humor. :grin:

Platinum

Congratulations, Sis! You look beautiful! :yay::superbanana::cheers::thewave:Welcome to the natural side! You're one of "us" now.:assimilat You look so happy! Enjoy, Sis! :bouncy:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Aww...it looks so soft. Is that your natural color?

I was laughing at you chopping off bangs and going to model to your fiancé. :lol: You both sound like you have a great sense of humor. :grin:

It feels wonderful! My natural color is blonde, but I use henna to color it red.