Check out this Youtubers bootleg steamer - Genius !!!

n_vizion

Hey! That's me in the video.
I freakin' love my facial steamer. It's the best thing that ever happened to me. I use it for facials and steaming my hair. If that thing ever breaks down, I'll order another one in an instant without even thinking about it.

Vintageglam

Hey! That's me in the video.
I freakin' love my facial steamer. It's the best thing that ever happened to me. I use it for facials and steaming my hair. If that thing ever breaks down, I'll order another one in an instant without even thinking about it.

n_vizion

That is a genius idea. All you need is one of those standing facial steamers which you can buy for all of 30 - 60 GBP on eBay and away you go, steamer and dryer in one.

How intense does the steam get btw?

MsRR

What make steaming your hair better than sitting under a hooded dryer with a plastic cap?

DeepBluSea

Those are great suggestions! I'm not too keen on purchasing a hair steamer, it seems like a good deal of people are having problems with them.

n_vizion

n_vizion

That is a genius idea. All you need is one of those standing facial steamers which you can buy for all of 30 - 60 GBP on eBay and away you go, steamer and dryer in one.

How intense does the steam get btw?

The steam gets pretty intense that why I tried to show the close up of the steaming action. The facial steamer has two settings, regular and ozone. It's on the ozone setting where the steam is much more intense.

It's fabulous!

n_vizion

What make steaming your hair better than sitting under a hooded dryer with a plastic cap?

The heat from the steam opens up the follicles which could lead to deeper penetration of the conditioner, the moisture from the steam is also allowed to permeate the hair which, in theory, could lead to more moisture remaining in the hair than the conditional plastic cap under the dryer method.

Ivonnovi

I found her idea to be brilliant!

I refuse to buy the bulky stuff though. I have a wonderful heat cap. & I "l-o-v-e" it; I just can't understand why it doesn't of hasn't caught on.

The caps have 2 heat settings, offer gentle heat; you can put whatever type of conditioner you want (or not) on your hair and the gentle heat works wonders.

HEATCAPS RULE!!!!!

Uber

darn it, I don't have a hooded dryer and my face steamer looks nothing like that one.

Great idea though

tada1

that's a genius idea!!!! way to think outside the box! *high five*

ps: a thought came to me as i was watching the vid. If you have a facial steamer, but you don't have a dryer, you can hold a big bowl over your head in place of the steamer. I haven't tried this, but hey...why not? :spinning:

Vintageglam

^^^ That is actually a cleaver idea.... ummm :scratchin. You could also suspend a large bowl over a pole or stand of some sort and place the towel over that and let the facial steamer do its work.

Thanks OP for putting this up!! Just last night I was busting my brain as to how to do an at home steam treatment. I had tried the home grown steam treatment before, but for some reason it didn't work.

My hair no matter what I do is ridiculously parched despite deep conditioning twice a week.

N-vizion... simply genius!!

n_vizion

You ladies should go ahead and experiment! I've tried several different method's till I came across this one.
Check out this old blog post where I try to use my Caruso hair curler steamer and a plastic bin to try to capture the steam (those were the days).

For anyone who wants to try this steamer, it's available on Amazon for about $70.00. I paid $75.00 when I bought it locally.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...inkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B002FKDFU0