Zotos Hairtrition Moisturizing Starter Kit

Fhrizzball

Has anyone tried this yet? It comes with a shampoo, conditioner, and 3-min DC. They're all trial sizes for $9 so I bought it on impulse. THe shampoo has SLS but I'm on the hunt for a really good DC so I couldn't resist and I run out of conditioners so quickly. I figure I can just dilute the shampoo.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/hair-moisturizer/SBS-124534,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair01-03

They have a color safe version too.

It claims to reduce breakage by 63% not sure if I buy that but whatever. So what's everyone's reviews on it? If it doesn't work out for it I can always send it to my mum. She accepts all my rejects while chastising me for blowing my money on hair products...again.:blush:

shtow

I just got the set, along with the 3 minute DC (the set comes with an instant con, not DC) and argon oil. Tomorrow is wash day so I will review.

Fhrizzball

I just got the set, along with the 3 minute DC (the set comes with an instant con, not DC) and argon oil. Tomorrow is wash day so I will review.

Can't wait for your review. I just washed my hair so I'll have to wait a week or two to try it out. Mine came with the 3 minute DC maybe diffeerent sets have different things? I always wanted to try argon oil but the high price and the small quantity always makes me resist.

shtow

Ok. So today I used the color protect poo, 3 minute DC, and color protect leave in.

The poo was good. It smelled nice. Wasn't super moisturizing, but it was not drying at all. My scalp felt super clean with it though, although it did not lather much. After washing once, I went to wash again and still no lather. I usually get serious suds in the second time I poo. But it's all good cuz my scalp feels so fresh so that's a plus.

The 3 minute DC. Hmmm. It felt really good in my hair immediately. Probably because dimethicone is the 2nd ingredient I think lol. My hair felt and looked really smoothed. Did it feel moisturized? On a scaled of 1-10, I would say a 7. I used it for 3 minuted only.

The leave in was ok. I was skeptical about using it because it has oils and I flat ironed today. It detangled ok, but nothing magical. My hair didnt feel so hot, but once I used heat, it felt and looked really good! Not too sure what to make of that lol

The one thing I do like is that all 3 products smell sooo good. The pics below are after using all 3 products, fantasia IC heat protector, and sally's argan oil after flat ironing.

Last edited:

shtow

Sorry the pic is so big. Photobucket resized it but for some reason its not working on here!

LadyRaider

Has anyone else used the Hairtrition or Zoto's products? I need a sulfate free shampoo that I can buy locally in case I can't get my favorite online brand in time.

MarieB

I have been using the poo and con for color-treated hair (avoiding sulfates), and my hair seems to be loving it so far. I started with the shampoo a month or so ago, then decided to try the conditioner a couple of weeks ago. They go well together, at least for me.