Valentine's Day 2010 2 Month Fun Challenge!

Evo-ny

Added the newcomers!

My personal goal for this challenge is:
-Stretch my relaxer for a total of 5 months. I'm a little over 3 months now.
-No heat for 2 months :blush: (scary!!!!!!!!!)
-1 inch or more of growth while retaining what I have

Two inches would be so badass though! :grin: I need to go take some pictures tonight, I've got about 3 and a half months of new growth and it's being difficult. My regimen is:

Daily Vits and Sups:
-Biotin 1000mg
-Zinc 50mg
-1 ts of nasty fish oil a day! :nono: I have to chase this down with a cup of tea, it's the worst part of my day.
-Protein shake or a bar
-A meal with with egg or fish in it
-Minimum of 1L of water per day. Sounds like a lot at first, but I remind myself it's just 2 bottles of water and sip at it all day.

Hair Products and Methods:
Wash day is Thursday! 1x a week, prepoo with protein conditioner (VO5 or Garnier) while I do my facial (ooh lala :lachen:), shampoo with Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo, DC with Kenra Moisturizing conditioner.

I haven't found a good drying method yet, I think I'm going to pick up a cheap hood dryer so I can DC properly and not end up with crazy frizzies that make me run to my flat iron for help.

Daily Upkeep is basic moisturize, seal, and protect. Kenra daily defense, HE long term relationship, seal with coconut oil. Protect with bunning or those claw hair clips. I do this morning and night. Before I do it at night, I use a mixture of MN and coconut oil on my scalp. Not sure if that would be overdoing it, but I was afraid putting the MN directly on there would give me headaches and I have to make it stretch. I live in Canada and you can't get Neosporin here. I had to choose between Monistat and Micotin, both going for $15 for a 1 oz tube! Actually, a LOT of the products suggested I can't buy, so I'm gonna have to improvise sometimes. :ohwell:

So right now I'm about to put the MN on and moisturize my hair before wrapping it up for the night! I'll try to get a starting picture up either tonight or tomorrow morning. I remembered all my vits, but I only managed 1 bottle of water because I was offered coffee and pop throughout the day. :wallbash: Not a good start!!!!!

How did your day 1 fare?

MrsHdrLe

I'm in a bun (I HATE BUNS...big head syndrome). I guess this is it for me until Feb, so I have to get used to it. braid/twist outs seem too rough on my ends. Any advice?

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I'm in a bun (I HATE BUNS...big head syndrome). I guess this is it for me until Feb, so I have to get used to it. braid/twist outs seem too rough on my ends. Any advice?
You can put a little bit extra moisturizer on the end and then wrap them around a satin curler. That seems to help my hair when I do braid outs... it also helps keep them from unraveling if you have bone straight ends.

Last edited:

Evo-ny

It's sad, it's only been one day into the challenge, but I think I might have to remove one of my goals. I've noticed I've been getting a lot of breakage when trying to go through the new growth (no matter how careful I am), so I think my stretch might have to come to an end.

This would be my longest stretch, so I guess it's not a total fail. :ohwell:

yewakinbo

see myself with APL i guess, is there like a regimen to follow? Sorry i'm a newbie, don't really know how these things go

Barbie83

Starting pic:

I've been inspired to streeeeetch my stretch :giggle: i was gonna relax on January 1st (15 weeks), but since I don't really have as much NG as I thought I would :)ohwell:) I think I'll try for another 8 weeks, to relax just before V-day. It will be challenging, because my crown is starting to get pretty thick, but I think I can push through.

For this challenge I'll be PS'ing hard. For the past 5 days, I've been in a bun. That will continue until I buy a couple half-wigs tomorrow (FINALLY :yay:). Then, I'll be wiggin it for 4-5 days a week, with my hair safely flat twisted and baggied underneath, with Mega-Tek/coconut oil on my scalp and moisturized ends :lick:

Regimen:
Sundays: Shampoo wash, light protein treatment, deep moisture condish, rollerset. (flat twist the back 3/4 of my head, leaving the front and sides out, pincurled to blend in with the wig in the a.m.)

Wednesdays: Co wash, moisture condish, airdry. If wearing my own hair the next day, I'll detangle in the shower and wet bun. If wearing a wig, I'll again flat twist the back 3/4 and rollerset the front and sides).

Nightly: apply Mega-Tek/coconut oil mix to scalp, moisturize and seal ends

Basically, for the next 2 months, if I'm not wearing my half-wig, my hair is in a bun. CONSTANTLY protected.

Oh yeah and NO HEAT!

Last edited:

GeauXavi

No terms, just where you'd like to see yourself in 2 months! We'll try to help everyone stick with their plans! :yep:

First post edited with all the new names!
cool! i hope to be grazing SL by then, starting point is my siggy...wait! i might be weaved up! i'll keep you all posted...lol i'm so indecisive!

epiphany braids

Hello ladies!!

Here is my starting pic:

My hair regi is:
Sunday- ayurvedic powder treatments, and DC
Saturday- MT on scalp and moist
Friday- Moist
thursday- rest
Wed- moist
tuesday- rest
Monday- MN and moist

Protective styles, 1/2 wigs with 2 big plats underneath

I may be tweaking this in January 20ten will keep everyone updated

SimpleKomplexity

Personal goal:
-1.5 inches of growth.
-Remember to moisturize my hair every day

Daily Vitamin:
- Tommorrow I will prolly buy GNC Hair Skin Nails Vitamin.

Hair Regimen and Products:
I'm in a sew-in. I'll probably be in a Sew in until Valentine's Day.
I wash once week with Keracare Hydrating Poo.
DC with whatever is around usually Humecto.
Moisturize with Mizani H2O or Spray with S-Curl
Apply Bee Mine every other day (I might change this though. It's too greasy.)

Starting Pic:

LuvLiLocks

Here is my starting picture.

My goal is to see some thickness and 2 extra inches in length by February 14.

I regimen will be:

NO direct heat whatsoever! [ I will do a roller set if I have a special event]

Otherwise, co-washing and wet bunning to keep my ends tucked away and protected.

Rotating between protien & moisture cons, and misting with Aphogee Keratin reconstructor.

Attachments

• 12-06-09-lhcf.jpg
    12-06-09-lhcf.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 6

Reecie

Hey Dolls!

My starting picture is in my siggy.

Regimen:
Bunning (Air dry method only)
No Direct Heat
Wash/Co-wash (3x week)
Deep Condition (with every wash)
Prepoo overnight (before every wash)
Scalp massage every night before bed with EVOO
Moisturize and seal every morning/night...and whenever my hair feels dry

Exercise:
Cardio 5/6x a week
Weights 3x week

Vitamins (Take EVERY DAY):
Super Chlorella 3,000mg
Women's Multi-vitamin
Silica 500mg
Msm 1000mg
Omega 3-6-9 2400 mg
Biotin 1000 mcg

Goal:
2 inches of growth
Finally make APL (1 inch needed)
Start next challenge of BSL!!

Reward to Self If Goal is Accomplished:
Treat myself to Aveda Salon Color Treatment (Medium/Dark Brown)!!:pray::pray::love3:

Last edited:

Evo-ny

Updated the first post to add new members and link to the starting pics and regimens! Wow, you guys already have such amazing hair, I'm embarrassed to put mine up but I'll get a pic done tonight. XD

I'm going to try an oil rinse to see if that helps the tangled forest that is my new growth and the breakage. If not, looks like I'm going to have to relax next week. :( I find it weird that I'm not feeling anything from the MN, either my scalp is resilient or I added too much coconut oil to the mixture. Hmm...

VirGoViXxEn

Count me in I will b eending my 6 montsh stretch around that time. I hope to be SL or past that by then I will post a pic and regimen soon!! I have no idea what length my hair is because i havent had a perm in 4 months!

Good Luck Everyone!!

Evo-ny

Bad starting pics!

Getting ready to moisture and seal:

Just over 3 months of NG.

I did an oil rinse yesterday, it helped a little but I'm still having major breakage issues. It might be the cold, it was about -20 degrees F for the whole week. :nono:

Last edited:

Evo-ny

Added! I think we should have a check-in on the 14th of January to see if anyone's seeing any improvements or progress. Then we can offer suggestions as to how to continue the last 4 weeks after that. :D

PEACHEY

please count me in. due to my trimmings I am back at this length. so I will use this as my starting point. will post reggie later today. I need to tweak it because I too need to go hard core so i need change some things.

oops picture not showing.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I just did a treatment with ORS Mayo and then deep conditioned with KeraCare Humecto before moisturizing with KeraCare Creme Hairdress and sealing with coconut oil.
I think I am going to baggy my ends since it is late and I don't feel like braiding for my beloved braid-out.
I've been having a problem though. I suffer from dry skin but now my scalp is dry and itchy too and it is driving me crazy! Does anyone have any suggestions for a good scalp moisturizer?

Evo-ny

Hmm, I don't have a recommendation for an actual scalp moisturizer, but taking fish oil is definitely helping me in the dry skin department. Can one of the more experienced ladies get in here? :grin:

Been keeping up with MN, though I just ran out. I might do one week on and one week off to give my arms and wallet a break. $16 a tube... :swearing:

I've got a new job training assessment coming up in late January, so I'm thinking I might need to get that relaxer done just before then. The only problem is who to go to. If I get my mother or the AA shop to do it, they will pull the relaxer through to the ends no matter what I do or say. :wallbash: If I go to the white salon, the girl will do it properly... but WILL use a super crazy hot flat iron without heat protectant and "style" my hair a.k.a choppy layers that look good for 6 hours but then looks terrible afterwards. She's a big believer in frequent trimming. :nono:

The only other option would be... well, me. But the last time I tried to do my own relaxer, I missed a lot of spots, gobbed on too much in other parts, and did not get all the relaxer out properly. What to do?!?!?!?!?!

GeauXavi

Ok...so I forgot I was in this challenge, and I got a trim on the 19th...but I'm still in! I am also in the rollersetting challenge, which I decided to start early...as I have an event on March 13th that I want to gain some length for. Here is my starting pic:

Attachments

• SANY0163.jpg
    SANY0163.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 2