LOTS OF PICS: Review of Flexi 8 Hair Thingies

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
After tellin on myself in this thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=396548&highlight=, I'm making good on finding other alternatives to my ponytail/breakage situation.

So here's my public service announcement for anybody who was/is interested in flexi 8 clips.

Purchased them here http://www.flexi8.com/ and used Mwedzi's discount code 3346 for 10% off.

First off these do not come in vanity sizing. So order larger than what you think you'll need. Here is the large $15.95 and medium 14.95 that I purchased. The comb is there so ya'll can get an idea of the size.

I watched their sizing video and they had a chick with tailbone length hair using a medium for a pony tail so I just KNEW it would be big enough to hold my hair, but ummm yeah :look:. I fully acknowledge that the fit will be different if I was wearing my hair straight instead of just airdried.

How I wore my hair out with the LARGE clamp.

Even though the figure 8 part is flexible it feels tight trying to stuff all my hair in so I prefer to keep some of the hair out even though it covers the band part, which is really pretty.

See.

This is half my hair in the flexi8, half down in the large. It's just this side of uncomfortable to put all my hair in.

This is how much hair the medium clip holds. I'd say I can get about half as much hair in this one as the large, which is why it's so much higher up.

There's a 90 day return policy so I'm going to play with it a bit before deciding if I'm going to exchange it for an x-large. The disclaimer for the x-large says "only get this if you have dreadlocks or use a bungee cord for pony tails". I guess that's me.

Overall, I think they are worth the money. {Although it would take a BOGO sell for me to buy a whole lot of these at once.) The product is well made and I haven't had any snagging issues and they are really pretty. So sizing aside they get an :up: from me.

Last edited:

dlewis

It looks great in your hair.

I love this product even though I don't wear them much anymore. I love this product.

dlewis

Just so youll know, every gold one I bought except the last one faded. I don't know what it is but I emailed them about it. I've had the last one awhile and it's doing fine. I only buy the silver ones now.

Nubenap22

those are pretty clips!!!! I hope mine will be able to use that soon enough!!! Any ty Mrs. D.Lewis if I purchase ill keep that in mind about the gold ones!!!:yep:

jupitermoon

Your hair looks nice with the flexi 8's. Thanks for the review. I just ordered two this week. I ordered 1 large and 1 extra large. I can't wait to try them.

Crackers Phinn

Just so youll know, every gold one I bought except the last one faded. I don't know what it is but I emailed them about it. I've had the last one awhile and it's doing fine. I only buy the silver ones now.

You must have read my mind cuz I was going to wonder out loud about that but decided not to since the first post was so long.

Ok, that seals it then, the medium is going back.

Thanks!

dlewis

If you order the gold next time get the bright bright gold.

I order something similar to this one the first time:

and many more in between

I order something similar to this one last time:

The last one has not changed colors. I thought the first couple of ones were fading because I wore them in wet hair all the time.:perplexed But I wear the last one in wet hair to and it's still the same color. Now I think it a different finish or something.

mscocoface

I bought the biggest one they had and so far I like it. I have only the silver one I am glad I didn't get the gold looking one. I was about to order that one.

Fine 4s

If you order the gold next time get the bright bright gold.

I order something similar to this one the first time:

and many more in between

I order something similar to this one last time:

The last one has not changed colors. I thought the first couple of ones were fading because I wore them in wet hair all the time.:perplexed But I wear the last one in wet hair to and it's still the same color. Now I think it a different finish or something.

I remember the wet hair & flexi8 post...thanks for the update b/c I stopped using them when wet. Thank you for the update on this eventhough I don't use them much either...

MrsHdrLe

so as an apl natural heat straightened sister, I should go with the large for a pony and xl for an up do?

Vonnieluvs08

I just bought a medium (silver) and a large(gold). I could fit all of my hair into the large but it was a tad tight. I haven't worn the medium yet except as a barret for adornment. I think I would use them more for 1/2 up/down and when I'm pulling back my twists then for ponytails.

Thanks for the review OP and the hints DLewis.

Crackers Phinn

so as an apl natural heat straightened sister, I should go with the large for a pony and xl for an up do?

If you wear your hair straight a large will cover both a pony and an updo.

My hair is texlaxed BSL and when I airdry (like the OP pic) the large is a little tight, but it's perfect when my hair is straight.

I ordered two X-Large and they are loose but secure on my airdried hair in an updo, but they will slide right off a pony. It's a complete wrap as far as the x-large is concerned if my hair is straight. They fall out of my hair.

ETA: I haven't formally compared them, but the X-Large 'seems' to be twice the size of the Large. In a perfect world there would be a size in between them.

Last edited: