Now your pretty again because you got a relaxer again?!

JosieLynn

Is it just me or did her hair get shorter??? I'm not knocking the choice to be permed or not but I was under the assumption she was just going to go w/o a touch-up for a year so I was expecting her to be draping by the time of her touch up but it look like she actually cut her relaxed ends.

Lilmama1011

Is it just me or did her hair get shorter??? I'm not knocking the choice to be permed or not but I was under the assumption she was just going to go w/o a touch-up for a year so I was expecting her to be draping by the time of her touch up but it look like she actually cut her relaxed ends.

He gave her a trim JosieLynn

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
"Now you're pretty again." But ***** you bald headed! :ohwell:

I agree with the top comment that stated that comment was very ugly.

nlamr2013

Hmm I can't see the video but I have a friend who says thay I need to stop that natural ish every time I straighten my hair

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Where are these people from? He keeps saying message instead of massage.

Never mind, he just stated there in Tallahassee, FL.

Last edited:

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
The you're pretty again is the least of the tragedies. That's just an opinion.

He relaxed her hair from root to tip.

When he was done with her hair it did not move on it's own at all which says to me that it's over processed.

Stylists like this are the reason why black women think that their hair can't grow.

Lilmama1011

The you're pretty again is the least of the tragedies. That's just an opinion.

He relaxed her hair from root to tip.

When he was done with her hair it did not move on it's own at all which says to me that it's over processed.

Stylists like this are the reason why black women think that their hair can't grow.

Yeah, he relaxed it straight. I has been said over and over now we need to leave a little texture but it ended up straight. If you want bone straight, then I think he is the man to go to lol

JosieLynn

Lilmama1011 but it looked shorter to me before he put the scissors to her hair, and still after a year she should have been a good 4-6 in longer, I can't imagine him trimming that much hair, that's not longer a trim

BostonMaria

A rollerset and flatiron would have given her a nice straight look minus the relaxer. Probably would have looked nicer & fuller. Pretty girl bTW

But I understand that to her this was a choice and this makes her happy. Couldn't be me!

MystiqueBabe

Now she looks so plain jane. But if it makes her happy then fine. Glad I stopped getting relaxers. My natural hair has more body then most relaxed hair.

LdyKamz

I didn't think the now you're pretty again comment was because she's relaxed. I thought she meant because she got her hair done.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I don't think she meant it like that. When your hair doesn't look right to you, nothing will make you feel better until it is to your perfection. Perhaps going back to relaxed is hers. Her hair did look nice, but it was too processed and too flat for her face.

But no one gives this guy credit for telling her she needs a regimen and to take care of her hair now that it's relaxed? Because she relaxed, we just missed the fact that he told her to do something most hairdressers know not much of beside washing and styling? Perhaps I missed the bigger picture #lost

Please excuse my iPhone

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I don't think she meant it like that. When your hair doesn't look right to you, nothing will make you feel better until it is to your perfection. Perhaps going back to relaxed is hers. Her hair did look nice, but it was too processed and too flat for her face.

But no one gives this guy credit for telling her she needs a regimen and to take care of her hair now that it's relaxed? Because she relaxed, we just missed the fact that he told her to do something most hairdressers know not much of beside washing and styling? Perhaps I missed the bigger picture #lost

Please excuse my iPhone

I noticed that too. He actually makes an effort to generously deep condition her hair with multiple products to restore the health of her hair and he acknowledges that there is an ongoing process of attaining and then maintaining the proper protein moisture balance for her hair when it is relaxed.

However, he still over processed her hair (applied relaxer from root to tip even though half her hair was still relaxed/he applied no base coat/took out all of the texture) and then used tons of heat. It is these practices that make growing out relaxed hair so difficult. Also because stretching is so important she herself would still need to learn how to work with two different textures.

I don't know but relaxing to me doesn't have to mean going back to the same improper hair care practices. You are right though as stylists go he is definitely not the worst. Not by a long shot.

Last edited:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I noticed that too. He actually makes an effort to generously deep condition her hair with multiple products to restore the health of her hair and he acknowledges that there is an ongoing process of attaining and then maintaining the proper protein moisture balance for her hair when it is relaxed.

However, he still over processed her hair (applied relaxer from root to tip even though half her hair was still relaxed/he applied no base coat/took out all of the texture) and then used tons of heat. It is these practices that make growing out relaxed hair so difficult. Also because stretching is so important she herself would still need to learn how to work with two different textures.

I don't know but relaxing to me doesn't have to mean going back to the same improper hair care practices. You are right though as stylists go he is definitely not the worst. Not by a long shot.

ETA: Like this stylist for instance: http://blackgirllonghair.com/2013/0...eatment-to-my-conditioner-without-permission/

Stormy

Well...it was shiny :look:

I couldn't really see much of anything else. I mean I "think" it was shoulder length, but it was soooo flat and lifeless! And it looks like some of her edges were gone or something.

And I was cracking up when he said message instead of massage! :lol:

This video just reminded me again of why I stopped getting relaxers. If I ever dared to go back, it certainly wouldn't be at the salon.

Lilmama1011

He sounded like he had no idea what he was talking about

He seem like he was feeling his self a lot, he was making sense just that he was super honered to be promoting his expertise. But when he said it has a root of body and he pulled the hair away and it fell flat to the face was like "wth is he seeing?"