BSL 2012 Challenge!!!

Evolving78

i am in a bun. i will be bunning for awhile. i won't be wearing my hair down too much for the rest of this summer until my next touch up.

livinthevida

I'm taking out my twists early for the holiday weekend. I'll be back in my twists *extension* second week of August. I won't do a length check until October. I'm lazy and I don't wanna be too obsessed about length at the moment. I'm pretty sure I'll get to BSL before or by year's end.:yep:

Has anyone reached their goal yet?
Not yet Skiggle! I've just graduated from the APL 2012 Challenge and hope to make BSL by end of year ;)

livinthevida

Been looking through pix all day to avoid doing something detrimental (shaving my head). Here are the update pix that kept me from cutting. I'm going to put my hair into another PS for real.

September 2011

June 2012

I guess I'm gonna get kicked out after this but I will still come back in and root you ladies on! :D
MzSwift that is some great growth! What protective styles do you use?

trendsetta25

I had to trim about an inch off two weeks ago. Today I purchased a bottle of Ultra Nourish Hair Vitamins.

My regimen for the remainder of the year will be 1. applying castor oil to my scalp and seal with it when I'm wearing my 3/4 wigs.
2. Taking my vitamins daily
3. Drinking at least 3-4 bottles of water a day
4. 1 heat pass a month

I'm just going to keep it simple.

My hair grows about 1/2 an inch in 6-8 weeks. I'm not sure if the MSM and Biotin in my vitamins will help boost it to 1/2 an inch a month. Crossing fingers.

image-3341275468.jpg

MzSwift

^^You can do it!!

livinthevida

Thanks lady! I mainly cornrow and wig or rock mini braids. I want to try twists but I think I'm going to do extensions until the end of August instead.

irisak

Checking in still rocking this sew-in. It's only been in for 3 weeks but my braids are loose as Hell. I have my fingers crossed that it's growth. I've been using mn so who knows. I want to keep this install in for the rest of July but I don't want my braids to mat either. I hope my hair can hold out. I need some retention. Hhg

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

ImanAdero

3 weeks in braids.

For the most part fresh... You can still see the parts of the cornrows front lol.

Another 2 weeks with these bad boys, maybe longer depending on how they look.

I might just take out the cornrows and single braid those so they last another week or 3 lol

livinthevida

I had to trim about an inch off two weeks ago. Today I purchased a bottle of Ultra Nourish Hair Vitamins.

My regimen for the remainder of the year will be 1. applying castor oil to my scalp and seal with it when I'm wearing my 3/4 wigs.
2. Taking my vitamins daily
3. Drinking at least 3-4 bottles of water a day
4. 1 heat pass a month

I'm just going to keep it simple.

My hair grows about 1/2 an inch in 6-8 weeks. I'm not sure if the MSM and Biotin in my vitamins will help boost it to 1/2 an inch a month. Crossing fingers.

View attachment 158381
Your hair looks full and healthy trendsetta25!

CurlsBazillion

Bout to wash my hair this weekend and I want to switch up my hair regimen. I am tweaking my DC for the summer to include mostly coconut cream/milk (my hair loved this last summer), agave nectar, honey, molasses, coconut oil, and ors replenishing conditioner. Very sticky but super moisturiing. I'll leave it on from 10am to 8pm or so then have my hair braided for two to three weeks at a time then do it all again. Gotta make it to BSL!

lamaria211

My hair is loose right now and its taking everything in me not to check my length......but I wont. I want to be surprised come august:)

irisak

lamaria211 said:
My hair is loose right now and its taking everything in me not to check my length......but I wont. I want to be surprised come august:)

I'm trying to resist the same thing lol

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

Mjon912

Sounds like everyone is doing good this summer and trying to maximize their growth...BSL here we come!... I'm prepooing over night and washing in the am... I was going to rollerset but livinthevida reminded me I wanna try mini braids so I think I'll rollerset until my hairs mainly dry and then start my braids... I've never done this and have a birthday party to take my daughter to at 3 and I have to take my mom to the train station at 12... If I get up at 8 do y'all think I'll be done by 3? ( I just read this back and it sounded like an algebra problem lol)
Also I'm about to start the mn challenge again, my 2 weeks are over and I'm ready to be BSL already...wishful thinking but it'd be so nice to be there by Halloween... I'm reaching tho since I just hit APL

irisak

So because it's hot as hades I think I might bun for awhile and abandon these weaves until the temp drops below 450.

SkySurfer

Hi ladies! I've just graduated the APL thread, and now it's on to BSL for me.
I'm in senegalese twists right now and hope to reach BSL by the year's end/ my birthday (next January).

I have about 3 inches to go to BSL. Let's do this!

ManiiSweetheart

Washed, DC'd, M&S'd and just finished twisting my hair and i'll trying the whole "roll your ends" thing and see how i like that... Anyone have any experience with rolling your ends?

MzSwift

I also put twists in. I hope I can rock these in a bun and take advantage of this heat wave. I wanna try baggying at night so I didn't put in the extensions.

I started taking Nature's Bounty HSN today. I'm gonna only take 2/day instead of the recommended 3/day. I never really gave them a chance to work last year. I'm also taking 1000 mg/day of MSM.

HHG, ladies! :)