“insert” 4B pics here ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Missjae09

My hair is mostly 4b.

Your hair looks great!!! :yep:

Missjae09

this is my hair after a cowash and sitting under my hair steamer... I'm still a bit confused but I think I'm a 4b... feel free to chime in.

Attachments

• 20100716-cowash-steamer01.jpg
    20100716-cowash-steamer01.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 20100716-cowash-steamer.jpg
    20100716-cowash-steamer.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 127
  • Dec2009washngo.jpg
    Dec2009washngo.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 116

Bella02

Here are a few from my most recent takedown.

Attachments

• 100_2611.jpg
    100_2611.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 195
  • 100_2597.jpg
    100_2597.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 173
  • 100_2615.jpg
    100_2615.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 167

honeycomb719

Newly typed as 4b

Thought I was 4a for awhile, but now the 3rd time natural my hair looks different to me. I'll happily embrace my 4b hair. Maybe this time my luck will be better and I can care for it with what works for 4b's.
Anymore thin/fine 4bs?

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Newly typed as 4b

Thought I was 4a for awhile, but now the 3rd time natural my hair looks different to me. I'll happily embrace my 4b hair. Maybe this time my luck will be better and I can care for it with what works for 4b's.
Anymore thin/fine 4bs?

beautiful!!!! when did you big chop? (i'm more on the super fine 4a.... but trying to rely a bit on biotin & castor oil for the "illusion" of any thickening:spinning:

Nonie

Newly typed as 4b
Anymore thin/fine 4bs?

:wave: Me, me, me!

My hair is so fine that it is almost transparent when viewed one strand at a time, and if it were down to one layer, I think you'd be able to see through it and it'd look like you were looking through dark smoke :p

It's so fine that even gravity doesn't seem to know it's there when pressed so it has no weight :lol:

honeycomb719

:wave: Me, me, me!

My hair is so fine that it is almost transparent when viewed one strand at a time, and if it were down to one layer, I think you'd be able to see through it and it'd look like you were looking through dark smoke :p

It's so fine that even gravity doesn't seem to know it's there when pressed so it has no weight :lol:

Wow, Nonie I think our hair is very similar. Here are a few old pics of my 2nd time around at going natural. Look how thin it is.
Looks thick but its not.

after pressing

Last edited:

Nonie

Yeah, we have fine strands and very many of them. It looks thick when viewed en masse and shrunken but the truth comes out when it's pressed or seen strand by strand.

honeycomb719

Yeah, we have fine strands and very many of them. It looks thick when viewed en masse and shrunken but the truth comes out when it's pressed or seen strand by strand.

Thank Nonie for shrinking pics for me, lol I was outta line for those....
But yeah, thats why this time around Im swearing off pressing cuase I think it caused me sooo much heat damage that I was constantly trimming and not retaining much length.
I just got two other problem areas tho that I dont know what to do to fix. My side edges are pretty thin see pic:

Thin sides(now)

Back Middle Thin shot(now)

Even with some length back there you can tell that area is whack!(2nd xBC)

My sides I think is pure genetics, but the back Im not sure. Altho, from the 3 times Ive been natural this area has always been thinner and looser in texture. Taking any advice/suggestions to help these areas fill in.

Nonie

^^There's a lot of talk about Megatek, MTG, OCT, Jamaican Black Castor Oil...and of course the concoction I grew my bald spot with. Have you tried any of those? Also not pulling your hair back can help or up towards your crown. A little TLC can go a long way, as can massage.

honeycomb719

beautiful!!!! when did you big chop? (i'm more on the super fine 4a.... but trying to rely a bit on biotin & castor oil for the "illusion" of any thickening:spinning:

I did the BC bck in July 09, but I relaxed it afterwards. My last relaxer was around 10/09 and the minichopped off relaxed ends.

honeycomb719

^^There's a lot of talk about Megatek, MTG, OCT, Jamaican Black Castor Oil...and of course the concoction I grew my bald spot with. Have you tried any of those? Also not pulling your hair back can help or up towards your crown. A little TLC can go a long way, as can massage.

I tried MTG a few yrs back but couldnt handle the smell so I sold it. As for the others, I havent tried. Ive been tryingto keep t simple caused when I 1st found this board I was PJ'ed OUT! I will do searches for the others as I really have been looking over my product threads.
Any of them working for you Nonie?

Nonie

I tried MTG a few yrs back but couldnt handle the smell so I sold it. As for the others, I havent tried. Ive been tryingto keep t simple caused when I 1st found this board I was PJ'ed OUT! I will do searches for the others as I really have been looking over my product threads.
Any of them working for you Nonie?

I only ever used the Essential Oil Blend for Hair Growth when I had a bald spot and it worked for me. I shared my story in this thread.

The only other place I'm trying to grow hair is my eyebrows and I've only tried that blend, Castor Oil, Billion Dollar Brows, Folligen, Emu Oil....at different times but I don't know if anything's happening. But that's not a fair comparison coz I really have never had full brows in the first place...so might not have any follicles where I'm hoping to see hair. :ohwell:

Last edited:

CosmicVisitor

I am loving this thread! Well here is my contribution. They are not in order just picked at random from the last 6 months.

This one is from today!

Off Topic but I justed wanted to say you're incredibly beautiful and your natural hair suits you wonderfully.
Carry on =)

*goes back to admiring pictures*

Pooks

@ joseelie:

I normally only do a bun after my hair has been moisturised and stretched in big twists or plaits. I take the twists/plaits down, use a wide toothed comb to direct my roots in the direction I want my puff, then use a pantyhose to push my hair up and back. Wrap the ends of the pantyhose around and tie them. Then I use hair pins to secure my ends at the base of my puff, and voila - bun complete! HTH.

Last edited:

Imani

Newly typed as 4b

Anymore thin/fine 4bs?

My hair is somewhat fine, in certain places more than others. I am transitioning. I am always jealous of the uber thick/coarse 4bers. Styles just look better and their hair isn't as fragile.

Last edited:

SweetNic_JA

I don't come 'round these parts anymore, but I thought I'd contribute.

These pictures aren't the sharpest because they weren't taken to show texture. I had just removed a sew-in and was giving my hair some air.

The first picture shows my length in Sept 2009. I did a spontaneous bc in June 09 and I started growing it back in Sept at the request of the man. He wants me to have hair when we get married. lol

Last edited:

MA2010

I think y'all are bored of seeing my pics since I use them in almost every thread. :lachen: Unfortunately, until I take my braids out, I have to keep recycling these

I'm never bored with it! I love how versatile your hair is!!! I can't wait to BC then refer to this thread for style ideas!!! :grin:

lucky8502

4b checkin in:wave:

Attachments

• nappyhappy.jpg
    nappyhappy.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 104
  • P7300007.jpg
    P7300007.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 94
  • P7310013.jpg
    P7310013.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 109
  • P7310014.jpg
    P7310014.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 101

FtrDrO

Ok here is my contribution!
The first two are wet texture shots. The 3rd is a very lightly blown out high puff, the 4th is a low puff, and the 5th is a texture shot from twists.

Attachments

• 100_2878.jpg
    100_2878.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 198
  • 100_2886.jpg
    100_2886.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 191
  • 100_2855.jpg
    100_2855.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 209
  • 100_1078.jpg
    100_1078.jpg