Zerran Reform Hair straightening system( Direction and ingredients)

BlackHairDiva

Here is what is mentioned in the kit:

" Zerran is a revolutionary patented way to achieve straight , sleek hair permanently without harsh chemicals. Our gentle formula allows reprocessing from root to tip without breakage.

No fermaldehyde or Adelhydes

* No Thioglycolates, Sodium Hydroxide or Guaranidine Hrdroxide
* No harsh Chemicals
*No Objectionable Odors
* No need for gloves or protective balms
* Safe and easy to use
*Permanently relaxes or straightens the hair.
* Safe on all hair types, including resistant hair
*Scented natural essential oils
* 100% vegan

DIRECTION

Step 1: Shampoo hair using Zerran's clarifying Initiate Shampoo(PH 4.5-5.5). No ingredients listed , patent pending.

Step 2: Dry hair completely

Step 3: Section hair

Step 4: Saturate section with Zerran reform Activator( No ingredients listed. Patent pending)

Step 5: Reduce excess Activator. Use low Heat setting on hair dryer to dry excess activator.The hair should be slightly damp for flat ironing . You will see steam when flat ironing. If you see no steam the Hair is too dry. To avoid steam using fan in a well ventilated area..

Step 6: repeat step 4 to 6 until all sections are completed.

Step 7: Rinse hair with lukewarm water . Do not shampoo. Apply Zerran Hair redemption and leave in the hair for 5 mins. Then rinse with lukewarm water. Blow dry straight with Zerran Radian finish

Zerran redempon Ingredients
: Water, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, glycol stereate.celeth-2, hydrolyzed corn protein, glyceryl stereate, peg-100 stearate, guar hydroxypropyltrimanium chloride, peg-8 distearate, hydrolyzed soy protein, squalane, ginkgo biloba extract, chamonilla recutta (matricaria) flower extract, citrus aurantium dulcis(orange) peel extract, Althea officinalis root extract, achillea milefolium extract, foeniculum vulagare(fennel) fruit extract,Licorice root extract, crambe abyssina seed oil, Cannabis sativa seed oil, tacopheryl acetatate, ascoryl, palmate, lavender oil, cymbopogon martini oil, cetyl esters, cetyl alcohol, Stearyl alcohol, lecithin , Citric acid, Sorbic acid, Sodium chloride, disodium EDTA, methylisothiazolinone.

Zerran Radian finish Ingredients: water, cyclomethicone, dimethicanol, ginkgo bilobe leaf extract,canangaodorata flower oil, pelagonium, graveolens flower oil, tangerine leaf oil,panthenol,polysobate 20 sodium carbomer, sorbic acid, disodium edta, methylisothiazolinone

Step 8: Instruct client to not shampoo or rinse hair for 24 hours.

UPDATE(03/29/2011):
I have found a person that sells Zerran Reform. However, He ran out of it. As soon as he is back in stock, He will contact me and I will post his info on here.

I also found a more detailed clip about the application of the product and how it works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_yusHIbSJE&feature=player_embedded#at=14

Last edited:

Fine 4s

Hmmmm...does fermaldehyde free, mean 0 fermaldehyde or does it mean just very very low?

Sounds too good to be true....Anyone want to try it? Anyone?

BlackHairDiva

I have the kit, but I'm not willing to try it yet. I want more information about hte activator and the process ...I'm not sure about flat ironing damp hair...

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Thanks for posting. I emailed the company and received nothing back.

Has anyone tried this yet?

JinaRicci

From the PDF on their website:

http://www.zerran.com/services/ServiceView/2

Unlike traditional straightening or smoothing products, which rely on chemicals to break curl bonds, Reform relies on specific high heat to activate the permanent internal change from curly to straight.

Our vegan proteins are derived from corn and soy, broken down to extremely
small pieces. These protein particles are then small enough to penetrate into
the hair shaft, permanently filling the gaps created when the disulfide curl
bonds are broken by heat. The high specific heat opens the cuticle temporarily, allowing the proteins into the hair shaft. For this reason, a specific Zerran Reform-approved flatiron must be used.

Reform Activator is pH 4.5-5.5, so no chemical neutralization is needed. The
product is only heat activated, so neutralization occurs when the hair cools.
For this same reason, no gloves or protective balms are needed.

:nono:

lilikoi

I have the kit, but I'm not willing to try it yet. I want more information about hte activator and the process ...I'm not sure about flat ironing damp hair...

Where did you buy it? And how much did it cost? Please share!

ETA: At the bolded: I agree, when I read that all I could think of was exploding hair strands. Oh boy...:nono:

Last edited:

MarieB

The instructions sound similar to Thermal/Japanese Reconditioning. I'd love to read/see someone's results from using this...

Napp

Ms. Nobody
it seems like the reform is a new way of relaxing....the realisse is the temporary straightener.

BlackHairDiva

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
That is exactly what I was about to post....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JVojUSBxFw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAmLgNOeyUU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9512hPlZvM&feature=related

P.S : I'm looking to up the name of the seller from whom I bought it from. It was 99$ without the flat iron. BRB!!!!

thanks i just want light results through alot of these new free keratin treatments focus on getting the hair as straight as possible:sad: i just want a light defrizzing and smoothing

luckiestdestiny

Did anyone ever try this or are we still at square 1. I remember if not in this thread another where someone said they were going to do this.

Rei

sounds too good to be true...like the keratin treatment

seeing 'before' and 'after' pics for this kind of treatment is useless while still in the salon. the only useful pictures are how it looks after the first wash...

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
So who is going to try this first?

While I would love to have the option of straight hair, I don't want to commit to a costly reapplication type styling with similar results to relaxers.

I also would like to see her hair a month out then just before she goes again.

BlackHairDiva

So who is going to try this first?

While I would love to have the option of straight hair, I don't want to commit to a costly reapplication type styling with similar results to relaxers.

I also would like to see her hair a month out then just before she goes again.

I wish there was somewhere i could upload the instruction dvd clip for both zerran and marcia T products.

The instruction that I posted in my original post are the ones writen on their step by step instruction sheet. In their instruction DVD they claim the hair should be 80 to 90% dry..just enough for you to feel the slight moisture in the hair. Then you flat iron the hair.

The main difference that I saw when I watched both the Marcia Texeira Instructional DVD and the Zerran is that Zerran uses Corn protein instead of Keratin. So Zerran does not have the offensive , smoke. In fact it supposed to smell like nothing and there is not teary eyes. Another difference is that you dont have to wait the 3 or 4 days without doing the first wash like with the keratin treatment. The zerran flat ironed on the hair and then rinsed... If the application was applied successfully the hair should be straight when rinsed , otherwise dry the section and re- apply activator , let dry and flat iron...etc

I ordered a miniglide to do my first pass with. I currently have M.T keratin treatment in my hair and I',going on week 2 with it. I will try to do a zerran . The reason is because zerran will permanently straighten the hair. I love my keratin result and I want to either keep it or improve it. another thing about keratin , I hate that when i sweat my hair slightly reverts and it ruins my keratin treatment.

Last edited:

hola_lo2002

are u serious? This product is actually asking customers to flat iron a DAMP hair!!?!?!? Chemical or not, this thing is definitely going to damage your hair if you do it...

luckiestdestiny

Wait there are women here with wl hair who do wet to dry presses on their hair.^^^ So that info is incorrect. Let me see if I can find some info on them.

Solitude

Thanks for bumping! I have no idea how I missed this. I never did BKT due to the formaldehyde, but I'd love an alternative to relaxers for straightening/smoothing.