Votes: 36 6.5%
  • Neither did anything/Never Used

Votes: 100 17.9%
  • APX. Same Results/Used together-Cant tell

Votes: 84 15.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Platinum

how do u guys avoid the nightmares with MSM? I realllllllly wanna try it but my imagination is already so wild that one bad nightmare can affect me for months. Literally months.

I don't know if it's worth all that. :nono:

I take 2000-3000 mg of MSM everyday. I try to avoid taking MSM late in the evening or close to bedtime. The last time I took MSM at bedtime I had a horrible nightmare--very vivid.:cry2: You may want to try taking it in the morning or around lunchtime. Hope this helps.

Nova

I always had break-outs from taking biotin but it makes my hair grow like crazy. From one of the posts on this site, it was suggested to take B-complex with biotin and that may prevent skin breakouts. I tried it and it works for me! However, I just added MSM into my vit. regime. I pray I don't have any acne issues from the MSM.

Platinum

I forgot to mention that I take 5000 mg of Biotin everyday. I've been in braids since July so I'm not sure if it has affected my hair growth. I noticed that my curl pattern is a loose and my nails are stronger.(I guess from the MSM) :look:

Truth

Biotin made my hair grow.. but beware it makes EVERY bit of hair grow :lachen: I turned into a chia pet..:lachen: never tried MSM tho..

Okay

I started a thread before about MSM making your face fuller and no one replied, I thought I was the only one experienced this......... MSM makes you gain weight gradually and makes the face fuller and my nose got bigger :wallbash: I swear and it never went back to its original size :nono:

uhm wow :blush:

manter26

Biotin made my hair grow.. but beware it makes EVERY bit of hair grow :lachen: I turned into a chia pet..:lachen: never tried MSM tho..

I noticed this with hair vitamins too. I don't take any now, but when I took them my nails grew like crazy, but were very brittle. My usually sparse leg hair grew in thick and strong. :nono: I had to use 1 or 2 disposable razors and then go over with my electronic Mach V, just so I wouldn't wear out the blades (those replacement heads are expensive.)

teacherjess

I got great growth and thickness taking MSM and Biotin together...and I swear that MSM helped me lose weight! I have trouble maintaining my weight, and while I was on MSM religiously I ate whatever I wanted and even stopped working out (due to knee surgery) and gained nothing....even losing a few pounds. As soon as I stopped I started gaining slowly again. I'll never be without my "dynamic duo"

Curly83

You are right about that. Never in my life have I shaved my under arms so much..it starts to grow back in a day. My SO asked me if I was taking Miracle Gro or something.:grin:

Curly83

I take 2000-3000 mg of MSM everyday. I try to avoid taking MSM late in the evening or close to bedtime. The last time I took MSM at bedtime I had a horrible nightmare--very vivid.:cry2: You may want to try taking it in the morning or around lunchtime. Hope this helps.

How do you know when to up your dosage? Right now I take 1,000mg capsule. I wanted to up my dosage to 2,000mg, but I tried that last week and it seemed I had the most headaches. I was drinking a lot of water but it didn't help. Maybe I should stay at 1,000mg.

julzinha

Biotin when I first started taking it did a number on my face, but once some of the ladies on this board told me to take it with a super b complex and drink more water the bumps and patches are gone! mainly cause of the super b complex

VirGoViXxEn

I want to take MSM powder in addition to my GNC Ultra Nourish hair but how do i measure the powder. How many mg or mcg is one tablespoon or teaspoon? The hair pills contain 500 mg. i dont want to overdue it.

Pleae Help!
Thanks.

kellyshair

hey all.. I have gotten MSM from walmart but i was reading that all MSM is not "pure" as they are made w/ too many fillers. I did the test whre you pour the contents of the capsule in water and i can say some particles did NOT dissolve. The container does say gelatin is included also though. I don't really want to do the powder MSM... i would much rather do the pills.. any recommendations *** where i coud get them? id rather stiop by a store and get them... but ordering online is ok too.. THANK YOU!

Vashti

I just started taking biotin last week - 1000mg. I already have a b-complex that I take and I tend to drink quite a bit of water daily anyway. I don't know if it's making my hair grow but my nails are much stronger!

shopgalore

I have been taking Biotin 2 tablets at 1,000ug each day for 2 weeks, nothing happening yet and my nails are being not as strong.

sweetnlow06

hey all.. I have gotten MSM from walmart but i was reading that all MSM is not "pure" as they are made w/ too many fillers. I did the test whre you pour the contents of the capsule in water and i can say some particles did NOT dissolve. The container does say gelatin is included also though. I don't really want to do the powder MSM... i would much rather do the pills.. any recommendations *** where i coud get them? id rather stiop by a store and get them... but ordering online is ok too.. THANK YOU!

I been told to use the brands that has OptiMSM stamp on it. It's supposed to be the purest form. I took a break and I started back about a week ago.

sweetnlow06

Biotin when I first started taking it did a number on my face, but once some of the ladies on this board told me to take it with a super b complex and drink more water the bumps and patches are gone! mainly cause of the super b complex

I totally agree with this because the time when I took biotin alone, I had major breakouts and since I started taking the GNC Ultra Nourish hair I have not had any breakouts. I take 1000-2000mg/day of MSM powder with it.

Platinum

How do you know when to up your dosage? Right now I take 1,000mg capsule. I wanted to up my dosage to 2,000mg, but I tried that last week and it seemed I had the most headaches. I was drinking a lot of water but it didn't help. Maybe I should stay at 1,000mg.

Sorry for the last response. I haven't been in this thread in a while. I don't take all of my dosage at once. I take one capsule with each meal. Lately, I've only been taking 2000 mgs a day.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS

Try vitaminshoppe or any vitamin/healthfood store

Millyj

I'm getting ready to get Biotin but I'm a bit unsure of the dosage I should take, I saw some online (5000 mg) and wondering if I should take the 1,000mg being that I have a Super B-Complex that I'm taking as well..hmmmmmm

coolhandlulu

Struttin' and stuntin'
I have been taking 5,000 mg for the past 3 months and have had nothing but positive outcomes from taking Biotin. My nails have become claws...lol. They almost never split on the sides. Wicked fast growth. My alopecia has definitely improved. I was getting really thin up top, not too sure why. Maybe because of tension from pulling the hair with bands or manipulating too much. But I feel like I finally have a handle on it now. AND my acne has almost cleared up. I've had no breakouts since I started taking Biotin. I guess this is just further proof...different strokes for different folks. I can't see myself ever stop taking Biotin. The only bad side effect that I've noticed is that MAYBE I have a few more chin hairs and MAYBE they grow in a bit faster. But in the past, pulling them out always irritated the fragile skin on my chin that left bumps and eventually discoloration. That doesn't happen anymore now so I'll put up with the more frequent plucking:)

Vashti

I think I may have posted in this thread awhile back but here I go again - :)

I am having good success with Biotin along with my B complex supplement. My nails are strong and getting longer and they don't chip and break nearly as much anymore! I have also noticed quite a bit of thick growth of my hair especially around the hairline and the back! Biotin gets a big thumbs up from me! :grin:

loulou82

I want to take MSM powder in addition to my GNC Ultra Nourish hair but how do i measure the powder. How many mg or mcg is one tablespoon or teaspoon? The hair pills contain 500 mg. i dont want to overdue it.

Pleae Help!
Thanks.

It should list the serving size on the back of your container. What brand do you take? I use Source Naturals Powdered MSM and 1/2 teaspoon is 2.6 grams (ie 2600 mg).

Last edited:

NappiShawti

i took biotin for a month or two last yr. but i couldnt take the breakouts even w/ the vitamin b supplement. quick question:

i'd like 2 start back on the biotin (realize i wasnt drinkin nearly enuf water last time) & vitamin b complex but is it the b-5 vitamin, b-6 or does it matter? i have b-6 @ home but maybe thats the wrong one?? i'd hate 2 start breakin out again in those huge painful bumps so i need 2 make sure im doin it right!

thx in advance:)

tmar87

I recently moved to Tokyo, and since then my hair, skin and nails have been completely out of whack (perhaps diet change, water, idk). I have been taking the MSM for about a month now and I can say that my nails are much stronger and my hair is thicker. I am using African black soap with the MSM, so if its causing breakouts, the black soap is taking care of it, and I have completely cut out the soda, so only water and of course teas (can't get away from the tea in Japan).