Yogurt for Straightening/Loosing curl pattern in 4b naturals...

Lucky's Mom

:look:
Wow! This thread is back!

Just to update everyone - I have not done this in a couple of years. I use Aphogee for protein treatments only.. and I use aloe vera juice nearly daily....

:sekret::sekret: I guess when you find what works - you go with it.....:look:

I guess I was afraid of protein before - but not anymore.

Last edited:

greenandchic

Yes, I'm pretty sure it was solo when I did it. :(

I think I may have left it in too long??

Maybe. I left mine on for 30 minutes. I wasn't trying to loosen my curl pattern (mostly for conditioning and light protein). I think mixing it with other conditioners help totally rinse it out.

Ari8

I did this for a while. I found that my only my 4a hair liked it. I'd mix plain full-fat yogurt with Kenra MC and leave it on for a while. My 4a curls were super defined and moisturized. It stopped working, though.

greenandchic

I forgot all about this, LOL. I remember it being a safe protein treatment for my hair. Ill buys some over the weekend...

Blairx0

I use yogurt weekly or every other week depending on how I feel. I love it for conditioning and detangling, but I don't notice loosing. Maybe increased definition, but that's about it

larry3344

@juliehp I am using this treatment with grassfed buffalo milk that is slightly spoiled and diluting it with conditioner. The aim to soften my hair, I dont care for the definition. I did my first treatment today.