Yaki Clip-In Weave

LaidBak

OK I was thrown off a bit by the name...They used to call them clip in extensions on that site. I bought some years ago and loved them. I used one or two in the back to add a bit of length.

Funny you should post this today, I am actually making my own clip-ins right now.
I decided I wanted to cheat on some length and texture for New Years Eve. So I went to the BSS and bought the hair and some weave clips. It took me about an hour to make two tracks. I am about to start on one more. It couldn't be easier. And this way, you pick the exact texture/color/size you want.

curlmama

How are you making your own? I think that makes a lot of sense. Can you wear your clips with only the front of your hair out (like a half wig)?

TG2000

I never purchased them before but just like laidbak said it is easier to make your own. You can sew in the wig clips per track and get the exact texture by picking out your own weave. Just measure the track starting at the nape for first track, then measure the other track from ear to ear. Apply the clips and you're good to go!

LaidBak

How are you making your own? I think that makes a lot of sense. Can you wear your clips with only the front of your hair out (like a half wig)?
I bought the hair, cut it to the width that I wanted (I do double wefts), and then sewed them together. I incorporated the clips as I went along. They have little holes in them for sewing. Pics attached, I used my cell phone so they arent the best quality.
My intention is to have the clips go from nape to crown in the back. And have my top and sides out. But as with any clip in, you control where they go and how much of your real hair is out.

Attachments

• MakingClipIns1.jpg
    MakingClipIns1.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 19
  • MakingClipIns2.jpg
    MakingClipIns2.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 12

HoneyDew

I have the shorter ones but they seem better for fine hair, imo. The relaxed texture is nice, but needs more thickess more my hair.

curlmama

I bought the hair, cut it to the width that I wanted (I do double wefts), and then sewed them together. I incorporated the clips as I went along. They have little holes in them for sewing. Pics attached, I used my cell phone so they arent the best quality.
My intention is to have the clips go from nape to crown in the back. And have my top and sides out. But as with any clip in, you control where they go and how much of your real hair is out.

Oh now I see! I think I will have to give this a try. Have you tried synthetic hair? I am on a mission to find a texture of hair that matches my natural hair. THANKS!

LaidBak

Oh now I see! I think I will have to give this a try. Have you tried synthetic hair? I am on a mission to find a texture of hair that matches my natural hair. THANKS!
Nope, I refuse to wear synthetic hair. Its to shiny to ever match my real hair. Plus I like to be able to use a curling iron if I need to.