Worried...do I need to just calm down?

Randomcandle

I have thin, fine, natural 4b hair. After being depressed about it for way too long, I decided to get over it, and do the best that I could do to obtain long, healthy hair. Yesterday I decided to get nubi nubi twists as a protective style for the next 2 months. As I was playing in my hair, I noticed that a lot of much shorter hairs were left out all over my head. I got really stressed out because, as someone who has thin hair, feeling those short hairs all over makes me think that they are a lot of broken hair that will take years, and years to get any length. Meanwhile, I worry that my hair will never look as full as it could because I've got all of these really short hairs hanging out and not being protected with this style. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do?! I'm so nervous about it I can't keep stop my hands from feeling all the short hairs!!

I, too ,have posted on here freaking out about my hair and a lot of responses I received was it is not as bad as you think/are seeing. So try and relax and not watch every second for your hair to grow. I am currently taking hairfinity and it has helped me with getting my thickness back after my hair became very thin. It also helps with length!

Last edited:
Can you post a pic?

I think you should be ok. I'm not too sure of the style, but is it similar to micro braids? If so, I always have short hairs sticking out and normally the braider cuts them (which I hate & that's why I braid my own hair). Sometimes the hair isn't long enough to gather w/ the other hairs.

Just relax and enjoy your fabulous hair style :)

I have long healthy hair with lots of little short pieces all over. I know it's all the shed hairs that I lost after my pregnancy growing back. Every hair on your head grows individually. You will never have every single hair the same length. As they grow longer your length will become thicker

I got the short hairs all over think mine is breakage from not removing twists properly but you'll be fine, maybe get your thyroid checked to make sure that's not to blame for your thin areas?

I have long healthy hair with lots of little short pieces all over. I know it's all the shed hairs that I lost after my pregnancy growing back. Every hair on your head grows individually. You will never have every single hair the same length. As they grow longer your length will become thicker

I guess I didn't really think about it like that!! That's a lovely thought, that my hair may be thicker once these shorter hairs start growing/retaining some length. Thanks!

When I started my HHJ in February I too had an awful lot of "short hairs" that just stuck straight up from my scalp, even when brushed down! A couple months later, those "short" hairs are now longer hairs - they all have to start somewhere! Now I'm looking forward to those hairs growing out and increasing my hair thickness, yum!!! :lol: !

My hair is MBL a pretty healthy and I still have this issue. I HATE. It but it doesn't look bad. I'm the only one who notices it.

Back