World of Curls Gel or Liquid?

Mochalolita

Hey all...I've heard so much about world of curls activator. Of course I had to run out and buy it because I have a serious problem with curl definition when I air dry. I noticed that they had a spray and a gel. I picked up the gel because I figured it would give me more hold than the spray. Has anyone had any experience with the gel? Or is the spray the best one to use? Thanks for the help!

Hugs,
Crys

daviine

Mochalolita.....I'm npt even sure if the spray is the same formulation. I THINK it's used before or after the gel but I could be wrong.

In any case, I have the gel and I think most people have the gel. I don't remember reading about anyone who has the spray.

Mochalolita

Thanks a bunch Daviine...I'm going to wash my hair tonight and bun it, but I wanted to try scrunching with WOC thursday morning...might end up being my club look for Friday, lol.

Hugs,
Crys

Tara

Hi Mocha,

I've used both, and sometimes I use both at the same time for no particular reason other than I am a moisture freak.

As for hold with the Gel, that is not it's purpose, it's simply to moisturize, activate the curl pattern, and condition the hair. Now, it *may* provide hold for some but I haven't found that to be the case which makes sense as that's not really what it's for. Just an FYI in case you buy it expecting it to do something different than the jar says it will do. I know I hate when I've purchased something because I expect something totally different then it does something else, so I'm just lookin' out for ya /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I personally enjoy the gel but simply for "ease of application" , I mean it doesn't run /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif So it's easier to apply like to braids etc. and you don't have to worry about "drip". The spray works great to moisturize the hair as well, and for me is as moisturizing as the gel.

Now for the activator, I think some of the girls if they want hold will use another "styling" gel, just a little bit, over their curl activator to tame edges.

Also in my experience it does help with bringing out curl definition, but I'll mix it with Glass or another holding type gel to lock the curls in.