woes of touch up to touch up

Spongie Bloom

hey ladies i was wondering if someone could explain this to me, why does the previously relaxed hair get a lil rough in btwn touch ups?

i did my first stretch without extensions and my hair when from being uber soft to soft but not so much and it wasn't as easy to keep it soft and swangy and blingy despite the ng and regular clarifying poos as needed i did a touch up last week and my hair is absolutely gr8,

is it just me whose hair trips in btwn touch ups? if not how do u guys keep your hair looking as fabulous as the day it was touched up?

TIA

Hmmm, maybe you're not finding the best products for you hair... If you're already moisturizing and dc-ing, then maybe for those times when you're going for long stretches you need something more to keep the cuticles smooth and flat.

Reason I say this is because I'm now in a relaxer stretch (I'm currently at 8 weeks, and going for 12-14 weeks) and this time last cycle (Nov 07-Feb 08) I remember it being a lot harder for me around weeks 8-10 that I finally gave in at that 10 week point and relaxed. I was striving for 12 weeks. I think for me this time around my regimen is a lot more simple, I've focused mostly on moisture and light protein, did cowashes which benefits both my NG and already relaxed ends. And I as of this week discovered a new staple product - Sebastian Potion 9. My relaxed ends are AMAZING now and it's like I got a fresh relaxer even days after using the product. My hair feels very soft and moisturized and has great body. I'm so confident that I can go for 12 weeks, or dare I say LONGER, this this time around.

So FOR ME, it's a matter of what I'm putting into my hair in those weeks POST POST POST relaxer, lol.

Hmmm, maybe you're not finding the best products for you hair... If you're already moisturizing and dc-ing, then maybe for those times when you're going for long stretches you need something more to keep the cuticles smooth and flat.

Reason I say this is because I'm now in a relaxer stretch (I'm currently at 8 weeks, and going for 12-14 weeks) and this time last cycle (Nov 07-Feb 08) I remember it being a lot harder for me around weeks 8-10 that I finally gave in at that 10 week point and relaxed. I was striving for 12 weeks. I think for me this time around my regimen is a lot more simple, I've focused mostly on moisture and light protein, did cowashes which benefits both my NG and already relaxed ends. And I as of this week discovered a new staple product - Sebastian Potion 9. My relaxed ends are AMAZING now and it's like I got a fresh relaxer even days after using the product. My hair feels very soft and moisturized and has great body. I'm so confident that I can go for 12 weeks, or dare I say LONGER, this this time around.

So FOR ME, it's a matter of what I'm putting into my hair in those weeks POST POST POST relaxer, lol.

mm yeah u may be right..i only relaxed my hair last summer and im still new to the relaxed hair care and trying out stuff altho the products i use work so well for some weeks after a touch up then after a certain point i look jacked up :look: but i think i went entirely too long on my stretch i went for 13 weeks and it was my first time...its a miracle that my hair didnt just snap off this time around i think i'll just go to 10 weeks

Back