WnG - without the "crunchy" feeling/wet look?

Glib Gurl

Hey Ladies -

So I am loving my wash-n-go . . . and it's pretty much going to be my go-to hairstyle this summer. I'm thinking though that I'd like to find a product that will still give me the curls I want without drying into a hard, crunchy look/feel? (Basically my hair is curly like in my siggy, but with a shiny "wet" look to it . . . and a little bit "crunchy" to the touch.)

I have been using Tresemme's curl milk and mousse in some instances, Miss Jessie's curl booster in others. I'm thinking of trying Carol's Daugher Curl Booster to see if that gives me different results.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

beanie44

I like Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper, PROS: its slippery like water, does not cause crunch, colorless, contains no silicones and rinses out clean, controls my frizz, to reactivate next day I spray with water. CONS: The liter bottle is 33.00, they also sell a smaller size, if your hair is fine it might weigh it down too much, You have to order it off line but delivery is between 3 to 7 days not too bad. I put on my leave-in condish on freshly washed or rinsed hair then I layer the CHS Curl Keeper on top. Let hair air dry or diffuse. My curls are defined, soft and hold all day. I hope this helps.

bellesocialite

I spray John Frieda Dream Curls onto my wet hair then scrunch. As long as I don't spray too much, I don't have to worry about crunchy hair.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I found the Miss Jessies Curl Booster added to that crunchy feel. Recently I found using Aveda Damage Remedy Leave In and a small shot of their (Aveda) Curl Enhancer worked just as well.

Still, air drying can make it feel a little crunchy no matter what product you use. I try to make sure I add a little oil or cream after it dries to loosen it up a little.

empressri

well the crunch is what keeps your curls in place. just wait till your hair is FULLY dry and then add a little oil and scrunch it out.

i dont even need to do that. by the time i pull my hair back and put a scarf on to go to sleep by the next morning the crunch is gone.

or here's a throwback vid and this might work for you...I LOVE this girl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn1oehGmibY

CurlyLawGal

Generally, Carol's Daughter does not work for me (too greasy, thick), but the Hair Milk is amazing for soft, defined curls.

Glib Gurl

Okay so today I added some argan oil to the Tresemme curl milk and that helped. When I noticed it getting crunchy I spritzed with some Carol's Daughter oil spritz - voila!

greenandchic

I sometimes finish my hair with Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle to help keep the frizz down, the curls in place without the crunch. Silicon free.

Zaz

Is your hair still relaxed or natural? If it's still relaxed then maybe you should try using less products, using things intended for natural hair would only make your hair crunchy.