WnG Season is fastly approaching

wofford16

Ladies,

The weather is getting warmer, and all that protective styling has not been in vain this winter, so ladies post your methods and your products and let the season of rocking your 'do commence.

I have a simple routine:

1) Co-wash every morning with Tresemme Natural
2) Apply Shea Moisture Organic Curl Enhancing Smoothie
3) Apply Shea Moisture Organic Hold and Shine Moisture Mist
4) Plop my hair for 15-20 minutes
5) Whip my hair back & forth
6) Spray on Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Sheen
7) Out the door I go

Attachments

• 100_0326.JPG
    100_0326.JPG
    463.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 100_0328.JPG
    100_0328.JPG
    429.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

CocoBunny

My WnG's are a massive fail. The shrinkage is horrible. From (almost) BSL to EAR length. EAR length. So annoying and so not the look I want.

I have tried all the gels, smoothies, custards etc. I have tried plopping and diffusing. I still end up with very defined very tiny, very shiny EAR length curls.

IMFOCSD

Hello,

I am relaxed/texlaxed but I am gonna be the wng/shingle queen this summer lol..last time I tried a wng/shingle I used aloe vera gel and it came out decent I guess. I have a pic..

ForumRunner_20120423_173323.jpg

I will try again one day :)

Last edited:

KurlyNinja

I do WnGs all the time. My WnG Reggie is really simple.

1) Cowash with organix coconut Milk conditioner
2) Finger detangle while I cowash
3) Use Shea Moisture Deep Moisture Masque as a leavin
4) Seal with castor oil
5) pull into a low pony tail until about 70% dry
6) shake n go

This is what I usually do every other day especially in the summer. Castor oil always gives me really defined wngs. Im going to start adding flaxseed gel to my WnG Reggie. I just made some a few days ago. I hopew it turns out good.

ETA: Picture of typical WnG

Last edited:

VictoriousBrownFlower

I have two wash and go routines. They are simple but one gives me less shrinkage and more defined curls. The other gives me a fluffier wash and go with less hold.

Wash and go 1:
Wash hair with chagrin valley shampoo bar. Dc with kbb luscious locks mask. While hair is soaking wet apply giovanni direct leave in. Finger comb it through. Then apply avocado butter mix. Finger comb it through. Let dry

Wash and go 2:
Wash hair like before or co wash. Apply Tressemme naturals conditioner in sections. Rake through. Let dry.

MzSwift

I keep my hair in mini braids in the summer and WNG those daily to avoid tangles. I either water rinse or cowash. I use an ayurveda gloss/blend to cowash or just Suave Tropical Coconut. I always leave in some Suave TC. I slather it on my hair while in the shower and then squeeze out the excess water.

I either seal with a cone condish (Aussie Moist or Tressemme Moisture Rich) or a light oil (grapeseed oil or a blend).

I redo my braids one by one, removing shed hair, every 2-3 weeks.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

i vow now to wash n go this year but instead will up my shingling. wash n go's lead to tangles where as shingling keeps my kinks and curls nice and seperated.

Chameleonchick

I keep my hair in mini braids in the summer and WNG those daily to avoid tangles. I either water rinse or cowash. I use an ayurveda gloss/blend to cowash or just Suave Tropical Coconut. I always leave in some Suave TC. I slather it on my hair while in the shower and then squeeze out the excess water.

I either seal with a cone condish (Aussie Moist or Tressemme Moisture Rich) or a light oil (grapeseed oil or a blend).

I redo my braids one by one, removing shed hair, every 2-3 weeks.

MzSwift Wait, so washing your braids daily helps to avoid tangles?? What do you put in your hair when you braid it up. I want to wear mini braids but the last time I did it was tangle city for take down.

aquajoyice

I am so excited about the warm weather. I have quite a few WnG methods. I always wash my hair with Terressentials Mud Wash to give me more curl definition. Then I use one of the following:

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Kinky Curly Curling Custard
Regular conditioner (doesn't have to be a leave in)

Attachments

• IMG_1048.jpg
    IMG_1048.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0705.jpg
    IMG_0705.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0447.jpg
    IMG_0447.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 106

wofford16

I am so excited about the warm weather. I have quite a few WnG methods. I always wash my hair with Terressentials Mud Wash to give me more curl definition. Then I use one of the following:

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Kinky Curly Curling Custard
Regular conditioner (doesn't have to be a leave in)

aquajoyice your WnG's are so beautiful, I used to only use HE Conditioner for mine and I have fell in love with the Shea Moisture since it is so moisturizing, it actually allows the back of my hair to have a curl pattern. I think I will try the KCCC and see how that does as well.

Qtee

I wash condition and detangle..then do a modified shingle..either gel small pieces and rack and smooth with my fingers..or if I'm being lazy do the same process in 4 sections..I do this @ night sleep with a shower cap..in the morning wet my hair in the shower shake and go..it lasts for 5 days although it goes up in a curly puff on the 4th and 5th..

image-3421287411.jpg

My curly puff day 4 ( I think)

30something

Wash and Go's for the Summer doesn't sound like a bad idea. I'll probably end up doing them several times a week.

Wash and go Regimen:
Co-wash with Traders Joe's Nourish spa (or w/e conditioners I'm trying to use up)
Rinse
Use Kinky Curly Custard/ Eco styler
Pin up or style some kind of way
Only down side they usually only last a day

Attachments

• wasgo.jpg
    wasgo.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 73

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Yes! I was fighting with my natural hair, and was just about ready to do something drastic...did a WnG, and fell right back in love! I had forgotten how much I loved them from last summer!

I just soak my hair, and wrap in a receiving blanket (found a new use for them after the boys grew out of them) take down after 10 mins, scrunch in some homemade curly pudding, and go!

aquajoyice

aquajoyice your WnG's are so beautiful, I used to only use HE Conditioner for mine and I have fell in love with the Shea Moisture since it is so moisturizing, it actually allows the back of my hair to have a curl pattern. I think I will try the KCCC and see how that does as well.

Thank-you Wofford16 :kiss: I love KCCC on really hot days because I can walk outside with wet hair and it feels so good, dries super fast and looks great. Also, to save money and product I use Flax seeds to make a quick leave in when I don't want to run through any products. :grin:

iri9109

Are you all doing your WnGs at night or in the morning?

i did one last night, with tresemme naturals, and it still wasnt totally dry in the morning, but it was better than doing it in the day and walking around like a wet cat for most of the day...if i do a WnG in the day, i usually put it in a wet bun for half the day and then shake it out later in the day when its basically dry.

i'm really trying to limit WnGs and therefore tangles, but i really like using just Tresemme Naturals conditioner as a leave in, and maybe a little ecostyler on the top to tame frizzies.

Caramel Jewel

When I first bc'd I did the wash and go even in winter....I still do once in a while...they say it's not wet hair that gets you sick it's the germs.....I didn't get sick from it...

CurlsBazillion

My Wash n Go reggie is simple. I still do protective styling under wigs and by wearing buns in the summer but when I do wear my hair out I do the following.
-Cowash with Elucence MB
-Rinse half way out
- apply small amount of argan oil or grapeseed oil

In this picture its with argan oil

Attachments

• 2012-04-22_16-53-59_305.jpg
    2012-04-22_16-53-59_305.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 56

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I'm trying the CG method for my WnGs.
I've only been successful doing with 2nd day hair 2x. I'm working on it.

Attachments

• 03.29.12.jpg
    03.29.12.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 03.27.12.jpg
    03.27.12.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 03.27.12.2.jpg
    03.27.12.2.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 30