Wives: Please Share How God Answered Your Marriage Prayers - Encourage Future Brides

LifeafterLHCF

Re: Wives: Please Share How God Answered Your Marriage Prayers - Encourage Future Br

I read this post a while ago before I was a paid member but some of these stories make me cry and give me hope that a past whore like me can be blessed with a good man of God who will love me and be patient with me because I will run when anyone gets to close.I use to say oh me I never marry..I just have a different man for each night of the week.But now Im getting old and closing in on being over the hill at 23 and I
m starting to want a hubby and have the nice things of somone who cares about me and puts my needs over his own.The only man that has done this is my daddy which I didnt meet until I graduated this past May in person but we connected when I was 18.He spends his money which is big thing to me and he cares about me and my desires..

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Re: Wives: Please Share How God Answered Your Marriage Prayers - Encourage Future Br

I read this post a while ago before I was a paid member but some of these stories make me cry and give me hope to be blessed with a good man of God who will love me and be patient with me.....

Hi Little Sister... :kiss:

You are a beautiful and precious jewel who shines in the heart of God our Father. You are one of His daughters who shine and sparkle all the way up in Heaven from here on earth. And you always will.

From the moment you were conceived and upon the day you were born and throughout your entire journey on this earth, you have nothing less than God's best that He has for this world to love and appreciate.

And to you will be drawn the man whom God has designed and prepared for you. Long before you were born, God prepared you as His daughter to be adjoined to this man who God has joined together.

Fear not the journey nor the path; for all in your life before has passed and unto you will be given the promises which God has made to Himself, to do His very loving best for you.

Sweet Coco... don't look back. It's not there; the treasures God has for you are before you, lined up one by one and can never be undone.

In Jesus' Name... it is so and therefore, so it is. Amen and Amen

Babygirl... "don't look back..." :Rose:

CoilyFields

YOU HAVE NO CLUE HOW MUCH THIS POST HAS BLESSED ME. I got encouragment, confirmation, and reminders of God's word and his will. I will post a thread in testamony to the awesome power of God when his promise is manifested. Just pray with me sisters that i prepare myself for the gift that God has for me.

foxee

I'm coming out of lurkmode to say I absolutely adore this thread! I laughed . . . I cried . . . got warm fuzzies all over. These testimonies are so encouraging. I've been single for what feels like an eternity. I'm frustrated, but still hopeful. Perhaps I'll have my own story to share with you all one day.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

YOU HAVE NO CLUE HOW MUCH THIS POST HAS BLESSED ME. I got encouragment, confirmation, and reminders of God's word and his will. I will post a thread in testamony to the awesome power of God when his promise is manifested. Just pray with me sisters that i prepare myself for the gift that God has for me.

I'm coming out of lurkmode to say I absolutely adore this thread! I laughed . . . I cried . . . got warm fuzzies all over. These testimonies are so encouraging. I've been single for what feels like an eternity. I'm frustrated, but still hopeful. Perhaps I'll have my own story to share with you all one day.

:welcome3: Foxee and CoilyFields :bighug:

Thank you for coming to our 'Bridal Shower'. These are for you :flowers:

I'm looking forward to your wonderful testimonies.... and quite soon. :yep:

God's blessings upon you and your future hubbies.... :Rose:

LIKI51

Amen, the Power of a Praying Wife is a WONDERFUL Book, I am going to try and be more diligent to say one everyday.

mswoman

This thread is so wonderful... just wanted to give some extra hugs to those who may need it. God Bless...

Northern_Belle

The Power of a Praying Wife has been just a blessing for me. I can't recommend it enough for women who are married, engaged, or seriously dating who they believe is their future husband. It's never too soon to keep your husband covered in prayer and even if you never say a word to them, they will know you have them covered.

mswoman

I thought this would be great to bump for mother's day

BeautifulFlower

My story is an emotional one, much like p31s story. We went through some stuff before we received the promise. I think I'm just going to cut & paste from some PMs I shared with a very special member. I may come back later and delete part of the testimony, because it is very personal and I don't like to share it. But it is a major demonstration of His power and I want you all to know that God does things in a way so that you will absolutely KNOW for sure that it is HIM working.

Back in a second...
Supergirl, I have truly been battling some things in relationships and I stepped out on faith and left a relationship I thought God was leading me in. The other day I read through your PMs of your testimony and it uplifted me. I am encoruaged that it may not come when you want it but it will be there right on time.

Thank you for your story. I will PM what's been going on. I

Last edited:

loolalooh

Thanks for bumping this! Off to read.

Ms Red

Bumping.......

Iammoney

Wealth magnet

bumping bumping bumping

delitefulmane

For the ladies who have posted here, I am just curious as to HOW God tells you a certain someone is the one? How do you know for sure?

Kalani

All of you ladies that have experienced a waiting period have helped me to see that there's always a purpose behind the wait.

This reminds me of a song by a contemporary Christian group, "For Those Who Wait":

Another day, another waiting game
A little different but it's still the same
I am here, but where's the one I'm longing for?
I'm having trouble feeling all alone
Will my heart ever find a home?
I want to hope but sometimes I just don't know
I know I'm not the only one

So we sing a lullaby to the lonely hearts tonight
Let it set your heart on fire, let it set you free
When you're fighting to believe
In a love that you can't see
Just know there is a purpose
For those who wait

I want to open up my eyes
I know that all I need is time
I'm growing stronger every single day
God, I'm going to lean into You now
Letting go of all my fear and doubt
I can't do this on my own so I'll give You control
I know I'm not the only one

The pressure makes us stronger
The struggle makes us hunger
The hard lessons make the difference
The pressure makes us stronger
The struggle makes us hunger
The hard lessons make the difference
And the difference makes it worth it.

foxee

For the ladies who have posted here, I am just curious as to HOW God tells you a certain someone is the one? How do you know for sure?

:bump::bump::bump:
I want to know the answer too!

stephluv

I absolutely :heart2: this thread...just wanted to give it a bump hoping there are some new testimonies to post.....

This thread definitely gave me hope...especially since I just recently got saved and baptized last wknd 9/11....i have been taking baby steps to become the Christian that God wants of me...and this thread helped me realize how true Psalm 37:4 "Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give the desires of thine heart"

Keep them coming ladies...not only does it allow you to reminice about your loved one it also gives the rest of a glimmer into the true love God intended for all of us.

"A womans heart should be so hidden in Christ, tha a man will have to seek HIM first, in order to fine her."---- i believe is Maya Angelou but its my a quote that keeps me striving!

LovingLady

"A womans heart should be so hidden in Christ, tha a man will have to seek HIM first, in order to fine her."---- i believe is Maya Angelou but its my a quote that keeps me striving!

That is a great quote and I think it is very true.

stephluv

Thank you Abdijz!!! I also think this is very true--- last night I was speaking with a Youth Preacher from another state that came to visit and of course I had to ask about marriage and he just had one key suggestion for me...i'm summing it up to how i understood it "once you find what God wants of you then you'll understand what God wants for you....become spiritually mature and open your heart to his word....afterwards God will send your mate to you"

I felt immensely relieved cause this was the route I am tryin to go on now...These stories/testimonies on this thread had me on this spiritual journey to get closer to God and the quote above sums it up so nicely

foxee

So I'm rereading this thread for what seems like the 1,000th time. I just can't get enough of these testimonies. I even spotted one post where a person had almost given up hope but now they have a wedding ticker in their signature! God is good! I cannot wait to come back and share my testimony!

Sarophina

@goldielocs I know I'm late(just found this thread :D) but thanks for sharing your story. Soo honoring and beautiful.
Love is not just romance, it's sacrifice and selflessness. I love love how you were protective of your heart until you knew he was the one. I love how you were considerate of your daughter's feelings above all else. I love the protection of your grandparents until he was ready to propose to you.

Jrsmith

Married ladies, thank you to all of you who will share your stories as an encouragement to all of us who are expecting to meet our Knights in Shining Armor (great book ladies).

Before I read Shimmie's last post, I said to myself that all the conversations with you ladies about marriage are as if I'm having a virtual bridal shower with all of you...and then I read Shimmie's post.

I look forward to all the stories yet to come.

Oh, I'm curled up with my copy of "The power of a praying wife." I decided to say one of these prayers for my husband every night as the Holy Spirit leads. Single ladies, this is a great book. Pick up a copy if you don't have one. Join me. Let's start praying for our gift from God. Brought my book 2/15/02. Wow!!

Be blessed!

This is a great idea. I'm going to pick this book up tomorrow!

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!

Finally finished reading this thread after two hours and I am just...don't even have words for it. Thank you so much ladies! Thanks for sharing!

luthiengirlie

I read this post a while ago before I was a paid member but some of these stories make me cry and give me hope that a past whore like me can be blessed with a good man of God who will love me and be patient with me because I will run when anyone gets to close.I use to say oh me I never marry..I just have a different man for each night of the week.But now Im getting old and closing in on being over the hill at 23 and I
m starting to want a hubby and have the nice things of somone who cares about me and puts my needs over his own.The only man that has done this is my daddy which I didnt meet until I graduated this past May in person but we connected when I was 18.He spends his money which is big thing to me and he cares about me and my desires..

YOU ARE NOT A WHORE.. NEVER THAT.. LIKE ME.. YOU JUST LIVED A MISDIRECTED LIFE FOR AWIHLE

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

BUMP

How about some updates? This thread has been a while? Who is courting/engaged/married now, but you weren't when this thread started? Tell us a little somethin' somethin'!

Iammoney

Wealth magnet

Im loving this ..........................

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword

I remember one weekend morning, years prior to Him calling me, wrestling the comforter off me. Sitting hunched over the edge of the bed, head in hands, I sighed. “I’m tired of this. God, please, can you take this urge to have a husband and children away from me? If I am not meant to have a family, I would rather not have this on me.” I did not know if it would be answered; I just had to get it out of my system somehow.

Months later, while enjoying a long shower, the prayer popped into my head for some reason. Then I noticed it—the desire was gone! I tried to conjure it up, nothing. Amazed, a sob lodged in my throat as I told Him, “Thank you! Thank you so much!” a few times. I had no idea why He did that for a sinner like me; I was many years from understanding it.

What I had done was sacrifice a piece of myself. I had never heard of this commandment of Jesus until a few years ago. Yes, many people had done that very thing when He calls people into His service, but I did not understand that it was for everyone to do. One thing I have learned since then: repentance sticks better when you nail everything of yourself on the cross—not at the foot or somewhere nearby. At the time, He was placing me on that path, the first step of many, most of which I did not realize I had traveled until two years ago.

Yes, I did get blessed with a family, but I still had so much alteration to undergo or I would not have been able to deal with the trials that came along the way (and are still coming).

OhmyKimB

I understand what your saying...however since you didn't want a family in the first place or a husband, did u ever end up praying for one?

Last edited: