will getting highlights lead to a setback?

blessedandlucky

I want to get highlights in my relaxed hair. I haven't had them for almost 3 yrs. i've had them twice before, once with no problem qnd then once that led to breakage b/c I had them twice due to a color miscommunication/correction. I'm in the process of stretching my relaxer to either 12 wks or up to 16 wks. this is my first stretch. I plan on doing a protein treatment next wash (on wed) using ao gbp conditioner and getting the highlights a week or two later. my relaxer would be about 3 or 4 wks after the highlights. also, I'm not getting them all over..probably just in the front.I'm still relatively new on my hair journey and have been doing well I don't want to sabotage myself.thoughts? suggestions? words of advice? thx so much:)

I did highlights for many years. I long as you deep condition and take excellent care of your hair, you should be alright. I would have your hairdresser do both your perm and highlights. Since you're getting your highlights first, maybe there is something she can apply to your highlights to protect it from the perm. I hope this helps.

I want to get highlights in my relaxed hair. I haven't had them for almost 3 yrs. i've had them twice before, once with no problem qnd then once that led to breakage b/c I had them twice due to a color miscommunication/correction. I'm in the process of stretching my relaxer to either 12 wks or up to 16 wks. this is my first stretch. I plan on doing a protein treatment next wash (on wed) using ao gbp conditioner and getting the highlights a week or two later. my relaxer would be about 3 or 4 wks after the highlights. also, I'm not getting them all over..probably just in the front.I'm still relatively new on my hair journey and have been doing well I don't want to sabotage myself.thoughts? suggestions? words of advice? thx so much:)